Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sneezing Kitten

ackannard07
October 22nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hi, my new kitten one of three that I rescued from being dumped in the parking lot where I work is now sneezing. For the first couple of days she had a cough and I asked a vet about and told him that she coughed up a small piece of cat food and then after that had a white flyme come up. He told me that would stop in a few days, that did, no more cough but now she is sneezing alot, and every so often it looks like she sneezes out a little blood. My husband and I both have a horrible habit of smoking, could Panda be having problems with cigarette smoke? We have two other animals, a 9yr old cat Yen, and a 4yr old dog Kai and they are not showing any signs of illness. We have vet appointments for all three of them, but not for another 2 wks. Also Panda is only 10wks old and I have been giving her a bit of kitten formula along with her kitten food to help boost her immune system. Drop-offs or abandoned kittens and cats often have colds or something else wrong with them. Could Panda have a really bad cold, or just have a bad reaction to the cig smoke?:sad:

Jim Hall
October 22nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
i t could be both or either maybe even the litter you are using does she seem to sneeze after doing soetniong or being somewhere in particular I did have a cat once that was very sensitive to smoke and really had to watch my self

see if a particular action or activity brings it on

ackannard07
October 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Panda sneezes mostly when she first wakes up from sleeping. She sleeps alot here the past couple of days. The first three days she was home, she played for hours at a time, now she sleeps and sleeps. She is still eating and drinking, she drinks alot of water several times a day. What worries me the most is the blood she sneezes out. I am hoping that it is just caused by iratation from sneezing and not a really bad infection causing her sinus cavities to bleed. I have only had her for a week but she is so cute and loveable I would hate to loose her.. I am going to call the vet to she if she can get in sooner.

Jim Hall
October 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
i would definetly gey the vet to squeeze me in especially if her gehavior changed any change in the enviornment? nie laundry soap or different cleaners ? is she shedding a lot ?

ackannard07
October 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM
No shedding no change in soaps, just curls up next to our dog for heat. My dog Kai loves her to death, if she is sick then he will have to be treated as well, he gives her kisses after she has a sneezing fit. Strange dog I have I know, but he tries to help me take care of Panda.. I have tried to keep them separate but every time I do Kai cries for Panda to be in the same room with him. Maybe he knows something we dont? All the same vet will be called first thing in the morning to see if he cant see Panda tomorrow or Friday, I dont want to wait through the wkend.

dogcatharmony
October 22nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
I would try to get her into see a vet soon. She could have a respitory infection that needs some meds to clear it up.