Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another newbie

KarenC
October 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Karen and I live in Valleyfield, Quebec (about an hour south west of Montreal).

I have 2 dogs. Walker is a black lab mix that is 3 years old and Sierra is a 10 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback mixed with a labrador.

We also have 3 cats, Leo, Bella and Jasmine. They are all 3 years old but we got them at different stages of their lives. We got Bella as a kitten (baby of a stray), Leo at 1 1/2 years old (baby of a stray also but in foster care since birth) and Jasmine just last fall. A poor starving girl that found us. She is truly the best and most affectionate cat of all.

There are also 2 kids and a husband in the mix ;)

If I could I would take in every stray that comes my way (and thanks to my Dr. Dolittle qualities there seems to be ALOT!) but we all know that is not possible. We did have a third dog, Stewart for a few months in the summer but after a few attempts I managed to find him a lovely home. We miss him terribly though :(

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

BenMax
October 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hey KarenC - you sound like many of us here!!! You are at 'HOME' - trust me. We would love to hear your stories. And there are members here that insist on pictures of your fur family.....(i have yet to do it myself).

MommaKat
October 22nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Welcome :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Yes, pictures please :D;)

BenMax
October 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
See told ya.......;)

aslan
October 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Karen welcome to you and the fuzz family, yup your pretty much home now enjoy your time here and jump right in.

oh Benmax, can we have pictures of your fuzzbutts.:D

14+kitties
October 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Mmm, I am sure if I search enough I will find ONE post where BenMax requested pics...... maybe :D Will have to look sometime. :laughing::laughing:
And yes BenMax, please share yours too!!

Welcome Karen. I am sure you will enjoy yourself here. As long as you are a little bit nutty, a litte bit humourous and a whole lot PET :crazy:!! :thumbs up

Melinda
October 22nd, 2008, 11:41 AM
welcome Karen, I also have a lab mix, we're often in Valleyfield (in fact this past weekend) with our motorcycle group! Can't wait to see pics of your furbabies

KarenC
October 22nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Let 's see what I can find picture wise..(yeah right you all know I have TONS..lol)

Here is Sierra (at about 8 months old)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/Kaseyatbat/IMG_2269.jpg

This is Stewart (the pup we had for a few months - found the poor boy in my driveway! The strays ALWAYS pick me)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/Kaseyatbat/Solo.jpg

This Jasmine last Xmas (we rescued her, actually I think she rescued us LOL last fall)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/Kaseyatbat/IMG_1388.jpg

This is Bella(orange) and Leo (fat LOL)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/Kaseyatbat/IMG_0343.jpg

And this is Walker (aka Anakin Skywalker)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/Kaseyatbat/IMG_0225.jpg

Not the best photos but what is on photobucket..lol (I am at work..ssshhh)

KarenC
October 22nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
welcome Karen, I also have a lab mix, we're often in Valleyfield (in fact this past weekend) with our motorcycle group! Can't wait to see pics of your furbabies

Where in Ontario do you live?

KarenC
October 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Oooh maybe I should have posted those in the photo forum??:sorry:

BenMax
October 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
They are absolutely GORGEOUS!

14+kitties
October 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Beautiful family!!! :cloud9:

aslan
October 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
They are absolutely GORGEOUS!

yup they are gorgeous i love little stewart...

now it's your turn benmax.

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Man, I gotta clunk on my connection a bit...I can get all of Sierra and about half of Stewart's head and then my modem starts to smoke! :frustrated: My modem and photobucket just aren't on speaking terms, I'm afraid :o

But Sierra is a real beauty! :flirt: And the ears on Stewart are somethin' else! :lovestruck:

I'm hoping that later on I'll be able to download the rest of the pics! Meanwhile, welcome to the board, Karen! Good to have you here! :D

MommaKat
October 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Here is okay since this is where you were asked to post them:thumbs up They are super cute :cloud9:! I think it's great you helped that stray puppy :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Cewl!! :highfive: The rest of the pics downloaded this time and my-oh-my, you do have a lovely fur-family. :flirt: What a great bunch of kids!!! :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about all their antics! :D

KarenC
October 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
OMG you cannot even imagine the antics (ok I guess you all can LMAO) I mentioned the other day to some non-dog friends that when I walked into my bedroom the other day my bed was on the other side of the room and I thought my friends eyes were going to BUG out of head! LOL.

The dogs run up and down the hallway and jump on the bed which is on wheels on a hardwood floor..DUH..what else could happen?? LOL

Melinda
October 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Karen, I'm in Cornwall, by any chance, did you get Walker from a byb? an ad online?........Lomouge? heck, don't know how to spell the town *L* near casselman....

KarenC
October 22nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Nope we got him from an irresponsible friend of one of my husband's co-workers (Did not get his female spayed on time and got knocked up by a neighbour).

Why?

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
What beautiful fuzzbutts you have, Karen :lovestruck: and welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up

And there are members here that insist on pictures of your fur family.....(i have yet to do it myself).

And, we are STILL waiting, BenMax :yell:

scathach
October 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
awwwwwwwww they're soooooo cute!:lovestruck:

Melinda
October 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Nope we got him from an irresponsible friend of one of my husband's co-workers (Did not get his female spayed on time and got knocked up by a neighbour).

Why?

cause looking at him is like looking at my Brina, there were 7 more pups and I know a couple went to valleyfield.

Diamondsmum
October 22nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
awwwwwwwwwww what a bunch of darlings!!!

BTW I am a Karen too :)

Tundra_Queen
October 22nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hi KarenC! Welcome to the forum!!

I love all your furkids,,, they are beautiful!!

Debbie