Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Raking leaves at Hazel Run

hazelrunpack
October 21st, 2008, 11:42 PM
Just a short one...Grace was just too cute to resist...

"Whatchya doin', Mom?"

That's one heck of a leaf pile! And the oaks have just as many more leaves left to drop...

hazelrunpack
October 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM
"Mom, that looks like hard work!"

"I'll give you a kiss through the fence to make it go easier!"

No more room in the leaf corral! So it must be

the end :D

Diamondsmum
October 21st, 2008, 11:48 PM
LOL awwwwwwwwwwwww a short story :) hazel that is sooo cute lol

wanna come here & rake mine next? pls Ill be sure to let Diamond kiss ya too

hazelrunpack
October 21st, 2008, 11:53 PM
Sure, but you'll have to wait until the other half of our leaves come down. :D Plus I haven't touched the ones outside the fence. :rolleyes: We have a dozen or so big oaks, so we have lotsa leaves every year! Huge piles to play in! :cloud9:

rainbow
October 21st, 2008, 11:56 PM
Awww, I love the close-up pics and I just gave her a cyber kiss http://bestsmileys.com/kissing2/6.gif

But your story was too short. :yell: :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
But your story was too short. :yell: :frustrated:

:sorry: I was too busy rakin' to be takin' pics. :o I have another one of our outing today, but I'm not sure if the connection is going to hold... :shrug:

Diamondsmum
October 22nd, 2008, 12:07 AM
awwwww Hazel you have posted soo many stories/pics I feel like I know the pack lots better now :) lol (ITS GREAT)

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
I can send you some spittle and hairballs if you really wanna get to know them! :laugh:

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif

for your connection :goodvibes:

Diamondsmum
October 22nd, 2008, 12:11 AM
I can send you some spittle and hairballs if you really wanna get to know them! :laugh:

LOL ummmmmm nope ill just drop in & see them thanks :P

http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif

for your connection :goodvibes:

LOL love it

jiorji
October 22nd, 2008, 12:25 AM
is the leaf corral for deer?

oh that nice pile of scrunchy leaves !!! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
The leaf corral is just a huge mulch pile/compost heap. :o We put up a 4.5 foot tall fence in a rough circle about 10 feet in diameter and pile our leaves in there year after year. After three years, the bottom layer is turning into a really nice mulch :thumbs up I used it in the garden this year and everything did really well!

The place I grew up had a big leaf mulch pile in the backyard. I used to love playing in it! :cloud9: I try to resist the urge to play in mine, though, cuz there's always at least a few ticks in it at any one time... :o

growler~GateKeeper
October 22nd, 2008, 02:17 AM
Grace is too cute sticking her little nose through the fence :lovestruck:

breeze
October 22nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
love the close-up pictures :cloud9:
and that pile of leaves :lovestruck: don't you just love fall...:cloud9: minus the raking of course..:D

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
I've always enjoyed raking :cloud9: The smell...the crunchy sounds...the dogs peeing on the leaves as I'm rakin' 'em up! :laughing: It's therapeutic exercise for us. :o

krdahmer
October 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
:eek: that is quite the heap o' leaves!! And such cute little noses! :lovestruck:

We just mulch ours with the mower and leave them on the lawn, we did that last fall and our grass looked great this year! :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
ahhhh I just want to kiss her nose , and dognap her of course ! :cloud9:.

that's a lot of leaves Hazel :eek:

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 12:16 PM
:eek: that is quite the heap o' leaves!! And such cute little noses! :lovestruck:

We just mulch ours with the mower and leave them on the lawn, we did that last fall and our grass looked great this year! :thumbs up

We used to do that when we were in the city. Now we have too many to mulch....we'd have a mulch layer about 3 inches thick across the whole lawn! :D Most of what we have is field grass so it smothers easily. :shrug:

ahhhh I just want to kiss her nose , and dognap her of course ! :cloud9:.

that's a lot of leaves Hazel :eek:

It's windy today so the rest of them are coming down now. Looks like we haven't raked at all this year! :rolleyes:

clm
October 22nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
It would be so much fun to be there, bury something really interesting for the dogs in the pile of leaves and then watch them tear them apart.
Do that for us will you Hazel. :laughing: Storyline and pics included please. :laughing:

Cindy

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
It would be so much fun to be there, bury something really interesting for the dogs in the pile of leaves and then watch them tear them apart.
Do that for us will you Hazel. :laughing: Storyline and pics included please. :laughing:

Cindy

Hmmmmm...interesting idea! :laughing: Course then I'd have to rake...again! But hmmmm...interesting idea! :p

:lightbulb: Might be an easy way to get the finished compost out from the bottom of the leaf corral next spring, too! :laughing: