Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello Im new....

johanna
October 21st, 2008, 03:13 AM
Hello
My name is Johanna... I'm from Pennsylvania / New York City...
I'm not computer savvy..
I only decided to attempt this thing when My dog Killian ( Pit Bull ) got so sick with Ketoacidosis two years ago on this Nov10 th.
He was also DX with Diabetes....
In this past almost 2 years I have made learning everything I could about Canine Diabetes... We had another set back last New Years Eve when He became sick again
This time it was Pancreatitis...
My Life has changed to shot and food time... Doing curves... and constantly checking his blood levels....
Killian has a birth sister Zoey... and a adoptive sister LuLu ( rescue)
All three dogs are pit bulls..
We also have 4 cats and a yellow napped Parrot ( Simon)
The dogs are my world... and Killians health issues have only made me bond closer to him...( If that were possible)
I'm new here and don't even know how to get around on the board...
Or how to post his picture...:yell:
But I'm sure Ill learn...
Thank you

Soter
October 21st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Johanna! Welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog Killian. I know what you mean when you say the bond gets closer even though he is ill. I will be :pray:

Soter:dog:

Sylvie
October 21st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the board. I am sure you will find it most informative, funny and the best support you will be able to find.

Sorry about your doggy. Hope he is doing O.K. right now. I also will be :pray: for you. A :grouphug: for you and your pupsters.

I'm sure someone will be along in a couple of minutes to explain how to send a picture as we are all picture hungry :laughing::laughing:

aslan
October 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM
welcome to the forum to you and your babies, there are alot of knowledgeable people here who can give you some great advice. :grouphug: to your sick little killian, we'll see if we can help out some.

hazelrunpack
October 21st, 2008, 04:08 PM
Welcome, Johanna!

Sorry to hear about Killian. :grouphug: There are a lot of knowledgable members here that can maybe give you some advice to make things easier for both of you.

If you have pictures on your machine you can upload them to the site. Hit Reply, then scroll down to the Additional Options box below the Reply to Thread box that comes up. Click on the Manage Attachments button and it'll allow you to browse your machine for the pics. :thumbs up Pics have to be 100KB or less in size to post.

Tundra_Queen
October 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hi Johanna! Welcome to the forum!!

I'm sorry to hear about your Killian. There are tons of smart people on this forum that can help u and support.

Debbie