Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pooping and peeing on the carpets and not his pads

ineednick
October 19th, 2008, 11:11 PM
In The last week and a half our little dog Rocco who is 4 months,poodle and ****zu mix,started peeing and pooping all over the house and not on his pee and poop pads which we have through the house,now he is biting the baseboards,we have not trained him to go outside,and were thinking of doing so,can you help

miliko
October 20th, 2008, 03:07 AM
:).yeah it is a big problem..for example when my dog was 2 months, when she want to pee, I ''hug'' her and run to the street she did it in the street and up to taday she does it in the street. try maybe it will help:dog:

BenMax
October 20th, 2008, 08:59 AM
OH yes do I know this only too well. I just placed a foster that I was struggling with in regards to this issue. Interestingly enough I did not accomplish getting this dog clean - however in her new forever home the dog has not had any mishaps - there are NO carpets there, so the dog is asking for the door.

My problem was due to having so many fosters in my home and the scent remains in the carpet - no matter how many times I cleaned it.

My solution for myself and in order to stop this behaviour is that I am having all the carpeting removed and replacing with wood floors (once I get some cash together).

Did you every have another dog in the house? If so, try washing all the rugs with a pet cleaner solution and try training once again. Though I am not for having dogs go on paper or pee pads, do put them by the door. If you watch the dog closely and see he/she wants to squat, you need to use the 'NO outside or paper or whatever word you are using, and bring the pup on the paper. Praise after the job is done.