Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So proud of my Maggie

MommaKat
October 19th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Earlier tonight I was walking Maggie on a different route than usual. When all of a sudden a fire truck and ambulance started coming down the street with full sirens on ..... Just a little background, I got Mags in February and even though I work on her training everyday,I have not had her long enough to know how she would react to sirens.

She was fine though :thumbs up she was a little nervous but I stayed calm, I told her to sit and stay while I put my arm around her in case she freaked (she's 100lbs so if she just panicked I wouldn't be able to control her with just the leash) when it was going by but she just looked at me like I was a dummy "um it's gone, can we go now?" and "score! free cookie for THAT :eek: ?" :laughing:

Further down the street as the ambulance was still trucking (it was going slow because it was trying to find the house I think) a scared Chihuahua came running out barking at Maggie and the ambulance when it's mom/owner came running out after him. She scooped him up and coddled him (like one would a baby) and he started yelping :sad: , I felt bad for him because he was just scared but I think she was making it worse by picking him up and trying to "console" him :sad: :yell:.

Overall though I am proud that my fuzzbutt listened so well to me, she's come a long way in such a short time :cloud9:

babymomma
October 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Woohoo Go Maggie!! ..Lol.. I bet she thought she had to stay strong so her momy would stop freakin gout over those sirens!! lol

kathryn
October 19th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Awesome! My kitties get freaked out by sirens just going off around town... That's very amazing your dog didn't get freaked out by the sirens going so close bye! Personally, I would have gotten scared myself :o

MommaKat
October 19th, 2008, 08:48 PM
She's a freak :) , the things I would think scare her does not phase her but then things that I think are normal (like the scale at the vets office) she's totally chicken. I think she's messing with me :crazy: .

Frenchy
October 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Way to go Maggie ! :thumbs up I hope she got extra treats :)