Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rawhide yum yum

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I don't usually buy stuff like this for them (with 4 dogs , takes a lot of supervision) but felt they needed something special .... Nelly got scared of the bigger one I bought for her (even peed on the carpet :confused:) so Chloe stole it. :D Bailey buried his under the shed , scrapped his nose in the process :rolleyes:

1 & 2. Chloe : oh , this was Nelly's ? Well , it's not too big for me :shrug:
3. Nelly finally getting the hang of it.

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Bailey once I unburied his :laughing: num num num ....

Diamondsmum
October 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww:lovestruck:

Chloe is like This is sooo yummy even if its not mine

Nelly looks scared... Am I allowed this?? :grouphug:

Poor bailey owie on his nose :sad: But enjoying it none the less:cloud9:

14+kitties
October 18th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Awww, they all look so happy chomping away.
Do you think Nelly was beaten or put in some type of a harness when she was being bred? The rawhide you got her was round. Maybe it reminded her of something nasty? :shrug:

It's nice to see them enjoying their treat. :cloud9:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Do you think Nelly was beaten or put in some type of a harness when she was being bred?

I don't think so , but I could be wrong. Puppy mill dogs lack so much socialization that they often act like abused / beaten dogs. Nelly gets scared of many things , new things , or anytime I come in with something in my arms , like a box or too many bags , once she got scared of my brother because he had a hat on. :shrug:

MommaKat
October 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Poor Nelly, I saw some posts of her story :sad: She looks happy in the 3rd pic though :lovestruck: Chloe and Baily are so sweet too :cloud9:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Poor Nelly, I saw some posts of her story :sad: She looks happy in the 3rd pic though :lovestruck: Chloe and Baily are so sweet too :cloud9:

Thanks Mommakat , if you look at the "Zooming Nelly" thread , you will see she's doing better :laughing:

diandpat
October 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I think Nelly just really likes her rawhide and did not want you to take it away...Hobo makes the same face.

Chloe just cracks me up and Bailey is exactly like Ginger: must go straight outside with any special treat!!!

Great pics Frenchy!

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Bailey is exactly like Ginger: must go straight outside with any special treat!!!

Great pics Frenchy!

:laughing: yes Bailey always takes his treats far from the others (good thing now with Chloe being a littke piggy :laughing:)

rainbow
October 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Awww....they all look so cute enjoying their rawhides. :cloud9:

Maybe Nelly just didn't like the round shape one. :shrug:

babymomma
October 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Bailey is GOURGOUS.. May i ask how old he is?

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Bailey is GOURGOUS.. May i ask how old he is?

Yes you may :D

I adopted Bailey in 2003 , the animal control lady thought he was about 3 , but my vet said more like 5-6 years old. So he should be 10-11 years old now.

luckypenny
October 18th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I love the way one of Chloe's eyes is half-closed with concentration :lovestruck:.

Nelly finally getting the hang of it.

I'll say :laughing:. She even has it standing upright between her paws. Way to go Nelly :thumbs up.

Kiss Bailey's booboo for me :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
October 18th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I wish I could kiss Bailey's booboo, LP! :flirt: He's just such a handsome charmer! :D

I'm glad Nelly finally discovered the joys of chewing! :cloud9: I'll bet she won't be so willing to let Chloe take it next time. :D My prediction is that the next time they get rawhide, Nelly will stand up with hers in her mouth and dare Chloe to jump for it if she really wants it! :laughing:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Nelly will stand up with hers in her mouth and dare Chloe to jump for it if she really wants it! :laughing:

:laughing: I just had a visual.

Nelly never finished her little piece , she would always look up at me as if to say : really ? I can eat this ? :confused:

but yes , second time around might be better :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 19th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I think Nelly was tryin' to tell you to keep Chloe from stealing that one too :D Good thing Chloe knew what to do w/it - she showed Nelly what it was for :dog: Aww silly Bailey no need to bury it, just hide in the flowers w/it :laughing:

clm
October 19th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Love the pics. Our last dog Yogi was like Nelly when it came to chew treats that was new to him. After a few tries he understood it was nothing to be afraid of.
Doesn't look like Chloe or Bailey have any issues though. :laughing: Bentley concentrates like Chloe does, he closes his eyes and revels in a good chew. :laughing:

Cindy

TeriM
October 19th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Chloe is looking wonderful :lovestruck:.

Silly, loveable Nelly :lovestruck:.

Handsome Bailey looks so content :cloud9:.

wdawson
October 19th, 2008, 08:30 AM
nice pics frenchy :thumbs up