Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So I think I'm going to have to walk Onnie

onster
October 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I posted about this in the tjt but basically, not only does Onnie fetch like a dog, but he also insists on having his outside time.

He now hunts down his collar (first it was off the kitchen shelf, and just now he managed to open a drawer :rolleyes:) and then places it at my feet. I perhaps trained him to well to wait for me to put on the collar b4 going out. Now I know everyone says this about their furries..but really Onnie is some kind of smart. Its weird for a kitty!! I would reckon theyre smarter than dogs :p but they dont usually care enough to bother showing it (and why would u when u could sleep 22 hours??):rolleyes::laughing:

Anyways back on topic..some of you may know the issue I had with Bunduk getting kittynapped (long story) so even though I have a fenced in yard there is no way hosay they are ever out there without me. Unfortunately, a few yrs ago there was a storm in and the fence between our back yard and front yard blew over...insurance finally fixed it but they didnt make the fence go all the way where the trees line the perimeter :wall: I realized this only because one day I was in the backyard with Bunduk and Onnie and all of a sudden Bunduk was in the front yard...he found the gap :eek: (and ya of course bunduk would find it :evil::wall::laughing:)

So of course now both my cats make a beeline to the perimeter of the yard so that I can have a heartattack bout them going to the front yard and darting in the street.

In conclusion, I find that the only solution is that Im going to have to be the official crazy cat lady and be that woman walking her cat on a leash. I wonder how Onnie will like it? :D :crazy:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 07:57 PM
He's gonna love it! :D Are you gonna use a collar or a harness? And do we get pics of his big adventure? :fingerscr

Cat-walking is also an excellent way to meet new people! Cats are guy magnets! :laughing:

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Awww. We will need pictures!! lol

Diamondsmum
October 17th, 2008, 08:03 PM
LOL yup yup I want pics to :)

he is gonna be very excited to go for a walk:laughing:

Dracko
October 17th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I tried the harness and lease thing with Smitty cuz he likes to go in the backyard with Dracko (only let him if I'm there as well, of course). It worries me cuz there are trees in my yard he could climb and jump in a neighbour's yard.

Well, I tried a handful of times and he just hits the ground and won't move. :rolleyes: It probably doesn't help that Dracko startled him the one day and he ran to get away from the "noise" and TWACK...he reached the end of the leash. :o

Good luck with Onnie and make sure you have your camera so we can all come along. :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 09:22 PM
In conclusion, I find that the only solution is that Im going to have to be the official crazy cat lady and be that woman walking her cat on a leash.

ok but we will need pics :crazy:

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Ummmm, pics? You could at the very least put the harness on him in the house and take pics there. :rolleyes:
Just to let you know, the crazy cat lady title has been taken already. TT and Dayle have been out walking on the leash too. TT loves it, Dayle hates it!!

growler~GateKeeper
October 18th, 2008, 02:02 AM
You must use a harness! Cats are notorious for backing out of collars & flopping around until they're free of the collar :rolleyes:, especially since most cat collars are stretchy / break away collars - so much easier to escape :eek:

Oh yeah and definately take pics :D

rainbow
October 18th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Where's the pics???? :yell:

chico2
October 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Onster,a harness for sure,we always used a harness when we first took the kitties outside.
We also had a gap in the fence,Vinnie squeezed his head through,but was too fat for the rest:laughing:
Hubby quickly fixed the gap though..
Our problem is whatever is digging themselves under the fence every night,probably Skunk or Possums,we have to cover it up every day.
Luckily my cats are not too eager to get to the other side,but still,never outside without supervision.
Also cats are really super-smart,they just only show it when it's to their advantage to do so:laughing:

onster
October 18th, 2008, 08:32 AM
lol okok Ill do pictures :P
Growler, I have a dog collar for a little dog...can I use it? (it doesnt have the snap thingie). I gave his harness away to his cousin (mailed it to egypt) cuz i thought id never use it. I guess i should go buy one b4 the Onnie walking experiment commences :cloud9:

Chris21711
October 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Definately need a harness Onster, definately need pics too :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
lol okok Ill do pictures :P
Growler, I have a dog collar for a little dog...can I use it? (it doesnt have the snap thingie). I gave his harness away to his cousin (mailed it to egypt) cuz i thought id never use it. I guess i should go buy one b4 the Onnie walking experiment commences :cloud9:

Yeah you can use the dog collar as long as it fits without being too tight or too loose - but I would still use a harness :2cents: :D

rainbow
October 18th, 2008, 11:17 PM
And, still no pics. :yell:

wdawson
October 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM
my friends wife walks her 5 cats at the same time :eek: its really funny to see

Frenchy
October 19th, 2008, 09:48 AM
ok but we will need pics :crazy:

Where's the pics???? :yell:

And, still no pics. :yell:

still waiting ........:whistle:

ancientgirl
October 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Oh, I think that would be great. I tried to get Vlad to like walking on a leash but he didn't go for it. I'd love to get him to like it though.

Dracko
October 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
my friends wife walks her 5 cats at the same time :eek: its really funny to see

Now I'd LOVE to see a picture of that. :thumbs up

rainbow
October 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Now I'd LOVE to see a picture of that. :thumbs up

Me too !!! :D

Love4himies
October 20th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Definitely a harness. It is much safer than a collar and easier should you have to scoop up a scared kitty. Make sure the harness it somewhat snug, a cat can back out of a harness quite easily.