Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

**** Puppy SAM !!!

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I couldn't wait to post this , Sam's breeder e-mailed me a puppy pic of Sam at 2 months old , with his brothers and sisters , I've been walking around with a big smile on my face ever since I saw the picture . :cloud9:

Sam is the one in the middle , yellow collar , trying to climb the gate because his mom breeder was on the other side. (so I see that Sam always wanted to be near his people) :cloud9:

I knew she wasn't breeding anymore but she told me she stopped right after hearing from me , how I picked up Sam at the shelter. She stopped breeding because she couldn't bear thinking that one of her dogs wouldn't get the life it deserved.
Here puppy Sam !!! :lovestruck:

Chris21711
October 17th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Geez Frenchy you set me off again :sad:

Even in his puppy pic, you can see what a beautiful soul he was going to be :grouphug:

Diamondsmum
October 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM
:sad:ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh frenchy!!!!

what a cutie!!:angel2:

BenMax
October 17th, 2008, 09:17 AM
How great is that! Wonderful that you kept in touch with her. Everything happens for a reason my Girl! I bet you anything that Sam wants you to know that he is now as youthful as this picture indicates. It is a message to you....

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Ohh Gawd, Here comes the water works:sad:

The boy was always beautiful!

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:22 AM
aaaaw hims was always a beautiful boy, and making sure that he stood out.:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Oh. my. Dawg! :cloud9: Look at that little shnookums face! :flirt: How cool that she still had a picture she could share with you, Frenchy!

:grouphug:

Love4himies
October 17th, 2008, 09:35 AM
He was a luvbug from day one :lovestruck: :cloud9: :cry:

happycats
October 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Awwww he's the sweetest!!!
Sam's life served a very important purpose, he taught his "birth mom" a very valuable lessen about breeding, and because of Sam and you, his birth mom no longer breeds.

Sam :angel:

mona_b
October 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
OMG...Look at that face....:cloud9::lovestruck:

Look at all their faces.So ADORABLE.

Sam grew up to be quite a HANDSOME man....:lovestruck:

Just remember,he knew you loved him.And that you were his :angel:

krdahmer
October 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Geez Frenchy you set me off again :sad:

Even in his puppy pic, you can see what a beautiful soul he was going to be :grouphug:

:cry: :lovestruck: :cloud9: I agree... he always said so much with those beautiful eyes! What a special gift to be able to see his beginning, and to be the one who made his last days so full of love. Those people that dumped him in the in between years, well too bad for them, they never deserved him. But Frenchy, you so did, every second you had him, it may have taken some years, but God chose the perfect home for Sam. (I can see why He grew an attachment and looked out for him too.... I mean how cute was that puppy face!!!! :flirt:):angel:

BusterBoo
October 17th, 2008, 11:26 AM
:lovestruck: Frenchy, those eyes are enough to melt anyone's heart!!!! What a beautiful pup Sam was!!

Hope you are doing ok today :grouphug:

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hope you are doing ok today :grouphug:

I am , ever since i got this picture. It made me sooo happy !

And I'm so happy that Sam doesn't come from a BYB. Bev is/was a good breeder. When I got Sam 3 yr ago , someone from our golden rescue found her for me with Sam's tattoo number , she sent me the link (that I don't have anymore) and I saw Sam's father , omg he looked just like him. I think I remember they had 2-3 females and 2-3 males. She didn't breed them too often , 5 litters in total , that's good in my book. Parents are all registered and some have won tittles , they are all on raw diet ! And will live the remainer of their lives with their loving mom. We have been in contact from day one.

omg I still can't believe I have this puppy pic. All my dogs are rescues , older dogs so I never know where they come from .....

diandpat
October 17th, 2008, 01:15 PM
What a sweet face, even back then. It is funny that this picture means so much for you. Since we adopted Ginger when she was already seven I have always said that I would have LOVED to see her as a puppy...don't know why :shrug: Just a feeling.

If she was in this litter she would be the one in the back chewing on the toy...absolutely NO interest in having her picture taken :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Frenchy, I am so happy this picture gives you some comfort. Isn't it nice that he did came from love and left us in love too...that is already so much more than most dogs get.

pitgrrl
October 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Sam was the most beautiful puppy! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
October 17th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Puppy Sam :lovestruck: That face was much loved.

MommaKat
October 17th, 2008, 04:08 PM
This is a super cute pic :lovestruck:. I'm sorry about Sam, Frenchy:sad:. His breeder must have been heart broken when she heard he was in a shelter. I think it's great that you guys kept in touch. Maybe you could encourage her to do rescue work?:D so many shelters/rescues need foster parents .

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Sam just gave you another gift. The bestest gift he could! He gave you a picture of him as a baby that you can treasure the rest of your days. :cloud9:
Told you he's watching out for you! :highfive:

Dog Dancer
October 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Awww, please pass the kleenex! I agree the picture was Sam's gift to you Frenchy. How great is that.

meg4050
October 17th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Awwwwwww Frenchy what a cutie! :cloud9:

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 05:05 PM
you should get it framed.. You could even get it so its just him in the picture and you can have it blown up and put on a wal!

Smiley14
October 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Oh Frenchy, what an amazing gift!!!! :lovestruck: You're right, it's nearly impossible to get puppy pictures of our adult/senior rescues! How incredible that you were able to track her down and that she had a picture of him! That is SO COOL! I am so excited for you!!! :grouphug:

dmc123
October 17th, 2008, 06:06 PM
what a great picture! glad it made you smile.

Diane

rainbow
October 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
What an adorable pic of Puppy Sam. :lovestruck:

I am so glad that the breeder still had this pic top send to you.....it must really warm your heart. :cloud9: :goodvibes:

onster
October 17th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Awwww Sam's baby pic is SOOOO adorable.

I'm so very glad the breeder had it and that its making you smile....it would be hard not to smile! :goodvibes::grouphug:

the gang
October 17th, 2008, 07:34 PM
frenchy!!! im thinking of you---:grouphug:, good thoughts!!!! brenda and the pins

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM
If she was in this litter she would be the one in the back chewing on the toy...absolutely NO interest in having her picture taken :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing:

Sam was probably thinking : it's either getting some loving or treats so I must look good :D

you should get it framed.. You could even get it so its just him in the picture and you can have it blown up and put on a wal!

My brother use to work in a photo lab. I will ask him to photoshop it or whatever , to make it just Sam , and of course frame it ! :cloud9:

Bina
October 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM
A baby pic like that can always brighten someone's day! Gorgeous.

Boubou
October 17th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I'm so happy the breeder understood what does happen to even the nicest dogs more often than not and stopped breeding. What an adorable puppy Sam was! I cropped the picture to see his little face a little closer...

clm
October 17th, 2008, 11:32 PM
That same adorable face only in miniature. He was a sweet puppy. Reminds me of the first pic that the breeder sent us of Baxter. Front and centre standing up. We picked him because of his looking larger than the rest and his sweet face, I'm afraid I would have chosen Sam for the same reason.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
October 17th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Aww Frenchy :grouphug: that pic is so adorable :cloud9: I'm glad she had one for you, it's nice to see them so little & imagine how they were at that age :cloud9:

What a sweet face, even back then. It is funny that this picture means so much for you. Since we adopted Ginger when she was already seven I have always said that I would have LOVED to see her as a puppy...don't know why :shrug: Just a feeling.

I know the feeling :) When I got :rip: Cally from his previous owners he was 6yrs old & I asked for a puppy pic and got a couple :lovestruck: it was very special to see the older dog I loved so much when he was a baby :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 17th, 2008, 11:53 PM
clm - adorable pic :cloud9:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM
A baby pic like that can always brighten someone's day! Gorgeous.

it was very special to see the older dog I loved so much when he was a baby :cloud9:

I can't begin to tell you how happy it made me . I was surprise to react this way , it didn't get me sad , just happy to see Sam as a pup. :cloud9:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Reminds me of the first pic that the breeder sent us of Baxter.

:laughing: omg look at his face ! Baxter saying : hey new mom , when are you picking me up to go home ? :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I keep coming back to look at puppy Sam! That was such a beautiful litter--and he was the happiest and handsomest, of course! :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I cropped the picture to see his little face a little closer...

By resizing it , the quality is so so but I know my bro will do better.

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I keep coming back to look at puppy Sam! That was such a beautiful litter--and he was the happiest and handsomest, of course! :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Me too Hazel , I just can't believe I have this picture !!! :cloud9:

luckypenny
October 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Just as beautiful as he was at the end, he was at the beginning :cloud9:. And to have touched and changed so many lives for the better :angel:.

Diamondsmum
October 18th, 2008, 09:52 PM
ohhhhh frenchy !! I too keep looking at it

Those eyes .. they already said soo much:cloud9:

he was gorgous 8wks here right?

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 09:55 PM
he was gorgous 8wks here right?

Yep :lovestruck: with the bigger picture , I recognize Sam's eyes , they didn't change. :lovestruck: and that serious look he had :lovestruck:

clm
October 19th, 2008, 12:55 AM
It sounds like his breeder was a good one. She must have been happy to find out Sam spent his last years with you. He really was an adorable looking puppy.
Have you ever had a puppy Frenchy? I know Nelly is the youngest dog you've had in a while, but have you ever raised a dog from a little pup?

Cindy

TeriM
October 19th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Awwww, what a sweet picture of Sam :lovestruck:. His eyes were so kind even back then :cloud9:.

ancientgirl
October 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Frenchy, you can really see the gentleness he had in his through those little eyes. What a beautiful little boy he was.

wdawson
October 19th, 2008, 08:25 AM
ahh puppy sam pics......:cloud9:

Frenchy
October 19th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Have you ever had a puppy Frenchy? I know Nelly is the youngest dog you've had in a while, but have you ever raised a dog from a little pup?

Cindy

Nope :eek: well yes but I was like 9-10 years old when my father finally let us have a dog. We got a cocker spaniel but after about 2 years my sister (who's older) moved out with her BF and took Puppy with them (yes , that's was his name :laughing:) which was ok because they moved to the country and would take Puppy everywhere with them. That is why my BIL loves Chloe so much , she looks so much like our Puppy and he still misses him. :sad: they have 2 goldens now.

TulipRoxy
October 19th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Aww... what a cutie! I wish I had pictures of my guys when they were puppies!