Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Hazel Run Beauty Salon is open!

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 12:55 AM
About noon every day, the Hazel Run Pack jumps up on the deck and finds the grooming tools waiting for them.

The Pack loves to be groomed...mainly because grooming means Treats. The Pack is very fond of Treats. :D

First comes the Sheriff. Brush the fur...
...then the teeth. And of course toothbrushes must be cleaned afterward.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Next up is King Ember. First the fur, then the teeth.

The rest of the Pack waits patiently.

Part of grooming the fur includes checking the ears.

When she's done getting groomed, the Princess~Queen likes to clean her own toothbrush.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie condescends to break off her patrol and come over for her grooming...
...and then she runs back off the deck to patrol for more Pesky Squirrels and Villainous Varmints.

Princess Lil Belle is a very hairy girl. It takes a long time to brush her fur so when her hair is finally styled and it comes time to brush her teeth, everyone is relieved.
"More than halfway done now! Soon it will be time for Good Dog Treats!"

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Lady (in Waiting) Ridge stands cooperatively for her brushing...

...and loves to get her teeth brushed. She's the Hazel Run Mama's best toothbrushin' girl.

Now there's just Esquire Brier and Amazing Grace left to do.

The Esquire has always been very good about getting groomed.

Grace, on the other hand, is amazingly impatient with all this 'gussying up' stuff.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Tomboy that she is, Good Grooming is just not on Grace's list of Fun Things To Do.

"Aw, c'mon Grace! Let me brush you!"

"Okay, good enough. Now are you going to let me brush your teeth like a good girl?"
"No, not really, Mom."

But after a short chase and some creative jaw-holds, even Grace's teeth come out amazingly clean!

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Which means it's time for Good Dog Treats!

"Well, Mom? We were Good Dogs! Gonna give us our Treats?"

"Okay. Good Dogs!"

The End

growler~GateKeeper
October 17th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Wow what good doggies waiting their turns & (mostly) sitting nicely for treats :thumbs up

Ridge is so cute getting her teefs brushed :lovestruck:

Smiley14
October 17th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Oh my goodness, Hazel! That looks overwhelming! :eek: I'm really impressed! :laughing: What good pups you have though! :lovestruck:

diandpat
October 17th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Did you say "everyday"????? OMG, how long does this ritual take???? lol

I am going to make Ginger and Hobo read this story, when they wake up ;)

What a beautiful, I just can't get over how sweet they all are! :cloud9:

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Oh my goodness... I envy you sooooooo much! I loooove grooming dogs and you have 8 beautiful doggies surrounding you everyday! :flirt: Did I mention how gorgous they are?!:D

Love4himies
October 17th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Oh, Hazel, not only do you have the most beautiful pups, you have such well behaved ones too!! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

krdahmer
October 17th, 2008, 07:24 AM
You're too cute they all have their own colour toothbrush! What good doggies! :lovestruck:

Now for those creative 'jaw-holds' think they'd work on a cat? :laughing:

chico2
October 17th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hazel,amazing:thumbs up
Dahmer,me think's not:laughing:

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 08:26 AM
ummmm hazel the 3 stooges are on their way to learn how to be so polite.

oh and you got all 8 in not 1 but 2 photo's good work:thumbs up

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Wonderful story again!! The colours (toothbrushes), the animation (brush flying through fur), the characters!!!!! All beautiful!!!!
Aslan - I was going to say the same thing. All eight in 2 pics!! :sad: Does that mean I have to try to get another pic of all of mine? :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:18 AM
i don't think so 14+ dogs are soooo much easier to bribe.

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
hehe, Its soooo easy for me to get All of mine into the same pictures.. (lols, i has them)....[yep, seriously gotta stay out of those lol cats and dogs threads]

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Did you say "everyday"????? OMG, how long does this ritual take???? lol

Yep...part of our daily routine. :D For just coat brushing and toothbrushing, if I don't run into any matts, it takes about 30-40 minutes. That day, though, I'd already trimmed all their nails so it took almost 2 hours. If it's an ear cleaning day, as well, it can take over 2 hours.

I wish they were taller...it's really hard on the back! :p

Oh my goodness... I envy you sooooooo much! I loooove grooming dogs and you have 8 beautiful doggies surrounding you everyday! :flirt: Did I mention how gorgous they are?!:D

I could use some help--when can you be here? :laughing:

Now for those creative 'jaw-holds' think they'd work on a cat? :laughing:

Depends on how much you value your fingers, I suspect! :p Probably they wouldn't--since in setters, creative jaw holds involve wrapping huge upper lips around the molars so said setter can't chew on the brush. I'm not sure that cats have enough skin there. :D

Oh, and they don't like to share their toothbrushes :o so I have to color code them. When we got Grace we ran out of colors...had to settle for a blue one like Cole's, only it has yellow bristles instead of white.

oh and you got all 8 in not 1 but 2 photo's good work:thumbs up

hubby did...but it's always easier when you have food-mongers! :laughing:

Yes, 14+...the Pack says it's only fair that you get some more.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Wonderful story again!! The colours (toothbrushes), the animation (brush flying through fur), the characters!!!!!

:laughing: :laugh: :laughing:

And for those of you who are marveling at their good behavior :rolleyes:, they're all really just jockeying for position. Everyone gets little chunks of treat after fur-brushing, ear-cleaning, and toenail-trimming, so they know the timing of the treats. They all try to get between my hand and the proper mouth, so as to steal the treat, y'see... :dog:

Lil Belle is hilariously annoying. She'll try to get between me and whomever I happen to be brushing so she gets the attention. "Do me now, Mom! Do me!" She's right there at my feet and behind me when I turn around. "I'm here, Mom! Is it time for me, yet?" Finally it gets to be her turn. She's got so much hair...takes so long... "So let's just skip that part, Mom, and get right to the Treat, eh? Whaddya say?" :laughing: She's a goof. :lovestruck:

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I could use some help--when can you be here? :laughing:

Well , i cannot afford to take a plane, bus,train or boat and my tire is flat on my bike, soo, id have to walk, therefore ill see ya in about ten years! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Got any in-line skates? We might be able to cut that travel time in half! :thumbs up :laughing:

BenMax
October 17th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hazelrunpack - you should see my hair - I personally could use a good haircut...my teeth are ok but I could use a little whitening....can you help??

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Hazelrunpack - you should see my hair - I personally could use a good haircut...my teeth are ok but I could use a little whitening....can you help??

:laughing: Sure! We have some lovely poultry flavored toothpaste you might enjoy...and it makes a great hair mousse, too! :thumbs up

You might want to bring your own toothbrush, though! :o

:laughing:

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 12:19 PM
:laughing: omg I love this thread ! :thumbs up they all seem so well behave , other than Grace but she's a mini and so darn cute :shrug:

No wonder the pack looks so good ! They're groomier than many people I know :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 01:27 PM
The most difficult part was getting TDFO's and madame hazel's permissions to put our picture in the thread! :crazy: :laughing:

At first it was sort of a pain to get into the routine, but it's the perfect opportunity for some one-on-one interaction with each of the dogs. Makes them (and me) feel special. :cloud9: Plus, grooming them every day, laying hands on them every day, checking their teeth every day, puts us in an excellent position to catch problems early! :thumbs up

Grace isn't really bad...she's just a little less touch-feely than the others...at least during the day. Doesn't like hugs until she goes to bed. Then she's a supersweet cuddler who can't get enough belly rubs, and if you snoochy her face she starts this cute little moany-groany routine... :lovestruck:

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
awww, cutey grace :)

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 08:31 PM
She's my little doll. :lovestruck:

rainbow
October 18th, 2008, 12:58 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

How did you ever get all of them to behave so well???

Can I PLEASE send Logan to your house? :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 18th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Lil Belle is hilariously annoying. She'll try to get between me and whomever I happen to be brushing so she gets the attention. "Do me now, Mom! Do me!" She's right there at my feet and behind me when I turn around. "I'm here, Mom! Is it time for me, yet?" Finally it gets to be her turn. She's got so much hair...takes so long... "So let's just skip that part, Mom, and get right to the Treat, eh? Whaddya say?" :laughing: She's a goof. :lovestruck:

:cloud9::lovestruck: awww that's my grrl how cute :lovestruck::cloud9:

Do they always get done in the same order, like dinner time?

I'm closer :D :pray: :D

hazelrunpack
October 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM
How did you ever get all of them to behave so well???

:I'm closer :D :pray: :D

:laughing: Sounds like I have competition for Logan! :D Sure, he can come here, but I suspect he'll come home with new bad manners! :rolleyes: The Pack isn't so well behaved as all that! They just know they have to wait their turns because Mom is only 4 people, after all! :crazy:

gads, madame hazel, you slay me! :laugh: :o

:Do they always get done in the same order, like dinner time?

Yep, currently the order is the Sheriff, the King, the Princess-Queen, Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie, Princess Lil Belle, Lady (in Waiting) Ridge, and then either Esquire Brier or Amazing Grace in some order depending on which of the two newbies is more eager to get brushed on a particular day. :D

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 10:41 PM
They just know they have to wait their turns because Mom is only 4 people, after all! :crazy:

gads, madame hazel, you slay me! :laugh: :o

:laughing: :laughing:

clm
October 19th, 2008, 02:01 AM
All those dogs, so well behaved......you need to have a Bentley in the mix to show the pack how to be bad. :laughing: He's getting better when it comes to being groomed, but he'd much rather be doing something else.
I love the last 2 pics. They're such beautiful dogs.

Cindy

TeriM
October 19th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Every day :eek:. Crap, I've been meaning to clean Lucy's ears for a week and still haven't got to it :o.

Love the group shots :cloud9:.

wdawson
October 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
thats too funny....great pics hazel :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM
All those dogs, so well behaved......you need to have a Bentley in the mix to show the pack how to be bad. :laughing: He's getting better when it comes to being groomed, but he'd much rather be doing something else.
I love the last 2 pics. They're such beautiful dogs.

Grace and Bentley would get along pretty well. Grace just sticks around cuz she's a food hound and would hate to miss having the chance to get some food! :laughing:

Every day :eek:. Crap, I've been meaning to clean Lucy's ears for a week and still haven't got to it :o.

Yep...every day. If I miss a day, I get twice as many hair balls inside! :eek: I start losing stuff I drop on the floor because it's swallowed up in clouds of fur. :crazy:

thats too funny....great pics hazel :thumbs up

Thanks, Wayne. :D Should I do a nail-clipping thread next? :laughing:

Now that would be really boring!

Thanks for all the lovely compliments. :cloud9: