Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lazy Days at Hazel Run

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
It was a lazy day at Hazel Run. The sun was warm but the autumn air was chill. Perfect for moseying around and having a ball in the yard.

Even though the Garden has seen better days, it's evidently still a fascinating place.

Sheriff Cole and King Ember check out one end of the garden...

...while Princess Lil Belle checks out the other.

What is so fascinating about an empty Garden!? :confused:

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
The Hazel Run Mama starts raking in the Side Yard.

"Whatchya doin', Mom?" whines King Ember. "It doesn't look like too much fun!"

"I think it's pretty much fun," giggles Princess~Queen Cass from her hiding place in a pile of leaves.
43005 43006

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:32 PM
In the Side Yard, Esquire Brier is bored and looking for excitement. He watches with interest as Sheriff Cole moseys into the Side Yard after his inspection of the Garden.

"A-ha, Sheriff Cole," he woofs. "Take that!"
And he launches an attack.

"Mom! He's at it again!" complains the Sheriff.

The Esquire pounces on the Sheriff as Grace barks encouragement.

"Get him, Brier! Get him!" she yaps.

pbpatti
October 16th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hi Hazel, I was told that you got yourself a new camera did you get also get high speed internet too?

I love your pics of the pack. I hope to post some new pics soon myself. pbp

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
But it doesn't take Cole long to show Brier why Cole is Sheriff and Brier is just a Deputy.

Once Grace sees which way the epic battle is going, she of course switches sides. :D

"Get him, Sheriff Cole! Get him!" she yaps.

diandpat
October 16th, 2008, 09:39 PM
OMG every day is a new story with your crew Hazel...so much fun and great pics and stories too...thanks :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Finally the Deputy decides he's had enough.
"Okay, Sheriff Cole. I give."

"Hee hee...I always knew the Sheriff was going to win," giggles Grace smugly. "Especially with all the help I gave him."

aslan
October 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
lol, i see you're still holding the camera up to your eye. you get him cole.

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Now that the Deputy has been put in his place and the excitement is winding down, the Pack's thoughts turn toward afternoon naps.

Some prefer the cool breezes and the warm sun on the deck...

...while some prefer to wander indoors and enjoy a soft bed with total abandon.

And so goes another afternoon at Hazel Run.

The End

Frenchy
October 16th, 2008, 09:50 PM
"Hee hee...I always knew the Sheriff was going to win," giggles Grace smugly. "Especially with all the help I gave him."

:laughing: I love Grace , she's like Chloe , the mini me.

Great pictures , I knew they would have fun in the leaves. So , did any raking ? :laughing:

diandpat
October 16th, 2008, 09:51 PM
"total abandon" is hysterical...and very familiar ;)

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Hazel, I was told that you got yourself a new camera did you get also get high speed internet too?

Hey, good to see you again, pbpatti! :thumbs up

Nope...no high-speed...so I have to push them through when I manage to catch a mediocre connection instead of an awful one! :laughing:

I'm looking forward to your pics! :highfive:

OMG every day is a new story with your crew Hazel...so much fun and great pics and stories too...thanks :thumbs up

Well, I might take pics every day...but you guys are being spared the full onslaught by the aforementioned connection! :o I'm glad you're enjoying the ones I manage to post, though. :D

lol, i see you're still holding the camera up to your eye. you get him cole.

Nope...just smellin' it...just smellin' it! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Man this picture cracked me up when I downloaded it to the computer. Look at Grace's face! :laugh:

Frenchy
October 16th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Man this picture cracked me up when I downloaded it to the computer. Look at Grace's face! :laugh:

:laughing: I do too !

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Great pictures , I knew they would have fun in the leaves. So , did any raking ? :laughing:

I finished about half the Side Yard. The boys peed on all the piles. The girls peed where the boys did. I tried not to touch too many wet ones as I loaded them into the Leaf Hauler... :rolleyes: Did you recognize my sled? It's being used for its real purpose here, but it sure is more fun in winter when it's behavin' like a sled! :D

"total abandon" is hysterical...and very familiar ;)

We call that Lil Belle's hussy position, but they all do it! :laughing:

14+kitties
October 16th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Wonderful story again Ms. hazel! Those guys make even a lazy day at Hazel Run exciting! :thumbs up :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Wonderful story again Ms. hazel! Those guys make even a lazy day at Hazel Run exciting! :thumbs up :cloud9:

Why thank you, Ms kitties! :D They really are a fun bunch to hang around with :cloud9:

Diamondsmum
October 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM
LMAO!!!!! I love the story!

great pics hazel as usual:)

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks, DM. I'm lovin' the camera...I'm on my third set of batteries! :laughing:

otter
October 16th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Awe, just what I needed :cloud9:

Ya know, leaf sledding is fun too :thumbs up When the leaves get wet they are really slick :D (well, not Setter kinda wet, we're talking rain or hose kinda wet :thumbs up)

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Ya know, leaf sledding is fun too :thumbs up When the leaves get wet they are really slick :D (well, not Setter kinda wet, we're talking rain or hose kinda wet :thumbs up)

Nuthin' is setter kinda wet...they hate any wet at all. :laughing: However, that does sound kinda fun to the HRM. She may have to try that tomorrow if it's warm enough to run the hose! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
October 17th, 2008, 12:30 AM

:laughing: I noticed that so funny, so tiny but full of character she is :D

We call that Lil Belle's hussy position, but they all do it! :laughing:

:laughing: :cloud9: my silly grrl Lil Belle :lovestruck:

Love the pic of Cass in the leaves :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I thought it was nice of the boys not to pee on Cass's leaves. :D Dawg knows they peed on every other pile I raked up! :laughing: Boys!!

babymomma
October 17th, 2008, 05:38 AM
English seeters EVERYWHERE :flirt: Awesome story Hazel!! :thumbs up I love reading about the packs silly antics!

krdahmer
October 17th, 2008, 06:30 AM

That one is hilarious!! You really caught her enjoying the action! :lovestruck::laughing:

I thought it was nice of the boys not to pee on Cass's leaves. :D Dawg knows they peed on every other pile I raked up! :laughing: Boys!!

:eek::yuck::laughing:

Great shots of the gang as usual! Always love the stories! :thumbs up

chico2
October 17th, 2008, 07:20 AM
OMG,what a great life you have,a life full of Setters:laughing: thank's for the laughs we probably all needed:dog:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for reading their stories! :dog: The Pack aims to please so they come up with story ideas nearly daily. Then they schedule the photo shoot and have madame hazel edit everything together, et voila! hazel has a new story to post! :thumbs up

Glad you're all enjoying them. :o Let me know when you've had enough! :laughing:

kr, I think that one of Grace is going to go into my "all-time" favorite folder...

Chris21711
October 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Oh to have a new toy Hazel. Beauty pics and captions as always. The four of you have very vivid imaginations :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Oh to have a new toy Hazel. Beauty pics and captions as always. The four of you have very vivid imaginations :laughing:

Actually, between us and the Pack we're the Crazy Dozen! :crazy:

Glad you could download it, Chris! I was :fingerscr that you could!!

BenMax
October 17th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Life seems just too darn good at your house - did I tell you that I need re-homing? I can roll around in the leaves, wait for a grooming and will even lie at your feet as long as you feed me as well as you do your pups. Gosh what a great life you have given them!

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I think we have an extra dog bed for sleeping, too! :thumbs up But I gotta warn you, BenMax...Lil Belle won't give up her spot at my feet while I'm cooking. :laughing: She's come to rely on madame hazel's clumsiness for an extra tidbit or two and she's not givin' that up for nuthin'! :p

BenMax
October 17th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I think we have an extra dog bed for sleeping, too! :thumbs up But I gotta warn you, BenMax...Lil Belle won't give up her spot at my feet while I'm cooking. :laughing: She's come to rely on madame hazel's clumsiness for an extra tidbit or two and she's not givin' that up for nuthin'! :p

You'd be surprised what tricks I would perform in order to get some tasties - Lil Belle Move on over cus' auntie BenMax is mov'n on in...giddy up!

Chris21711
October 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Actually, between us and the Pack we're the Crazy Dozen! :crazy:

Glad you could download it, Chris! I was :fingerscr that you could!!

Took a spell, but was worth it. Weird because your other thread came in wham bam just like that :confused:

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Life seems just too darn good at your house - did I tell you that I need re-homing?

Take a number sista , I just sent my registration to be posted on petfinder. :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM
:mwaha:but i can work on her house if she adopts me.:D

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 12:01 PM
:mwaha:but i can work on her house if she adopts me.:D

I'll poop patrol for free , try to beat that !!!!

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oooo...house reno or poop patrol?! hazel's cup runneth over...if only she could make the decision!

Well, if you guys can convince LP to come and bring the camper along, there'll be room for everyone! :laughing:

luckypenny
October 17th, 2008, 01:10 PM
The Pack aims to please so they come up with story ideas nearly daily.

:goodvibes: So that means a story a day :D? Woohoo!!!!

Oooo...house reno or poop patrol?! hazel's cup runneth over...if only she could make the decision!

Well, if you guys can convince LP to come and bring the camper along, there'll be room for everyone! :laughing:

No convincing needed...as long as I get to sleep in the center during nap time :cloud9:.

Love the story and photos, HRP :thumbs up.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Well...maybe not every day. :D The grooming one was from the 13th...the lazy day was yesterday... But I couldn't post the grooming one till my connection got better. :o

But I'll bet I can at least get 2 to 3 of them out a week. Think you're ready for that? :laughing:

Only problem is, I'm so busy taking/editing pictures and posting threads that I'm having trouble finishing up the newsletter. :o

BenMax
October 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hazelrunpack - now I know that you should not show any favouritism on who should join your pack...I also know that you have known 'them' longer than me but I must tell you that I am a better suited match for your entourage.

Infact I have a far better complexion and longer hair (just as your lovely pack does), I speak two languages and I am pretty sure I have a far better gene pool than 'they' do. Also, I have a great track record on agility (well used to) and I served my country for 13 years thus I possess alot of stamina and I am loyal, respectful and I am ALWAYS on time.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM
:laughing: :laugh: :laughing:

Well, now I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta ask everyone else contemplating a move to Hazel Run to submit a resume! :laugh:

BenMax
October 17th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Well, now I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta ask everyone else contemplating a move to Hazel Run to submit a resume! :laugh:

Oh did I forget to mention that I have a fabulous resume already pre-prepared? See told ya I was one step ahead.....

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Hey!! Hold those horsies everyone!!!!!!!!!! A new moocher is in town!!!
I have tons of experience cleaning poop. I have been known to pick op a hammer and nail, even tiles. I can brush pup fur with the best of them! I didn't officially serve my country but I sure feel like I have some days, I've served enough customers. I know how to handle unruly kids, think I can handle doggies. :)

Last but not least.......... I come with a whole WHACKLOAD of playmates for the puppers!!!!!! :D :thumbs up

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 04:54 PM
yes but in order frenchy lp and i come equipped with bailey,chloe,nelly,paddington,M Le chat, Ava,penny,lucky, bailey,quincy and bishop.:D

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Now aslan! Don't make me name mine!!! I have a couple of puppers too!! :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Now aslan! Don't make me name mine!!! I have a couple of puppers too!! :D

fine you can come too, just so we can see our 17 dogs chasing your 30 some odd cats.:D

meg4050
October 17th, 2008, 05:16 PM

Hazel, I'll bring my dad and his scrollsaw :D

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 05:48 PM
fine you can come too, just so we can see our 17 dogs chasing your 30 some odd cats.:D

That is just mean! :sad:

Hazel, I'll bring my dad and his scrollsaw :D

Ummmm I have my own scrollsaw. :D

meg4050
October 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Ummmm I have my own scrollsaw. :D

Yeaah welll... Barkley has a mohawk..him and Cole are destined to be friends :p

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 05:56 PM
bailey and bishop both have mowhawks, and grace can't tell me i cant die bishops blue this time.:D

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Ok fine. I can't compete with a "hawk. Well, I could. It's pretty easy to do. :rolleyes: But I will bow out gracefully. I can't pack up all that stuff again anyway.

Good luck to all. Hope there's a winner soon! :thumbs up

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM
lol, aaaaw you can come too 14+, i won't let the kitties get chased.:sad:

rainbow
October 17th, 2008, 06:53 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You guys are hilarious. :laughing:

I wanna come too but all I got to offer are huckleberry pies and wild mushrooms. :o

Glad you're all enjoying them. :o Let me know when you've had enough! :laughing:

Had enough????? :eek: .....NEVER !!!! :eek: I love your picture telling stories. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM
:laugh: You guys are too funny!

fine you can come too, just so we can see our 17 dogs chasing your 30 some odd cats.

http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif That would be a little too much for hazel! :eek: More chaos than usual :laughing:

Hazel, I'll bring my dad and his scrollsaw

Now there's a tempting offer! :laughing: And the mohawk thing...

hmmmm.... I think we're gonna hafta expand! :laughing: We're up to what? 5? 6? Plus all the fuzzbutts? :cloud9:

You guys are hilarious. :laughing:

I wanna come too but all I got to offer are huckleberry pies and wild mushrooms.

:eek: When can you be here? http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif

rainbow gets the bed! :laughing:

:laughing:

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 08:26 PM
:goodvibes: So that means a story a day :D? Woohoo!!!!

No convincing needed...as long as I get to sleep in the center during nap time :cloud9:.

Love the story and photos, HRP :thumbs up.

Now does this not sound like she wants to sleep between me and frenchy.:sleepy:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Okay, now no perv talk here, aslan...madame hazel won't let me come back in here! :laughing:

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 08:47 PM
:eek:i said sleep missy, who's the perv now. jeeeesh some peoples kids.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 08:50 PM
:laughing: :p

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 08:52 PM
i mean really if the three of us have to share a bed, i think centre spot should be rotated 'cause that's the warmest spot.

Diamondsmum
October 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
If I bring Diamond can I come too? :D

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
i mean really if the three of us have to share a bed, i think centre spot should be rotated 'cause that's the warmest spot.

Even with just eight dogs piling on, do you really think you have to jockey for a warm spot? :p Imagine with all the fuzzbutts around! The problem won't be keeping warm, but finding a bed that can hold all the bodies! :laughing:

If I bring Diamond can I come too? :D

Sure! The more the merrier! And the warmer it gets! :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:02 PM
ok now we need to build one big room with a huge mattress in it. hmmm one problem, we have to get satelite.

Diamondsmum
October 17th, 2008, 09:10 PM
aslan Your perfect it to build it too:lovestruck: LOL

your soo talented :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM
now if that isn't a huge suck up...... So does this mean i get first dibs on snuggling lil belle.:D

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 09:22 PM
ok now we need to build one big room with a huge mattress in it. hmmm one problem, we have to get satelite.

Not a problem! We get the indoor-outdoor kennels out of the shed, run in some plumbing and contract with the satellite company! :thumbs up As long as you can do the plumbing, aslan, it'll be easy-peasy! :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:23 PM
ummmm can't i just fix up the prison and run plumbing and stuff, hmmm guess there wouldn't be alot of action in the tjt if we're all at one place huh.

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM
ummmm can't i just fix up the prison and run plumbing and stuff, hmmm guess there wouldn't be alot of action in the tjt if we're all at one place huh.

The kennel building is the prison! :laughing: Right now it has the cells in it, though...but they're removable. :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
oh ok, sure then we're happenin, i aint running to the house in 4' of snow to piddle. Little paint, insulation, etc. sure ok great lets do it.:D

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Okay, then, ladies...with a little modification, this will be your new home :D

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
woohoo it has a solarium too:D

Diamondsmum
October 17th, 2008, 09:47 PM
ohhhhhhhh

ok I am there :)

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Okay, then, ladies...with a little modification, this will be your new home :D

Well no problem , it looks better than my house :laughing:

so ahem , ladies , there's no competition , I mean come on , I'm freaking adorable !!! For sure Hazel will pick me.

:shrug:

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Well no problem , it looks better than my house :laughing:

so ahem , ladies , there's no competition , I mean come on , I'm freaking adorable !!! For sure Hazel will pick me.

:shrug:

:loser: she's letting us all come, jeeez lol aren't we special...

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
:loser: she's letting us all come, jeeez lol aren't we special...

:sad: so I'm not the special one ? :cry2:

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
:sad: so I'm not the special one ? :cry2:

oh you're definately special my friend, uhuh uhuh.:rolleyes:

Frenchy
October 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
oh you're definately special my friend, uhuh uhuh.:rolleyes:

you seem to think special in this way : http://bestsmileys.com/sick/9.gif

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 10:00 PM
So a thread that started out titled "Lazy Days at Hazel Run" has now changed to "Fighting For a Spot in The Prison At Hazel Run". :rolleyes:

Good thing I dropped out of the running. That place just isn't big enough for all the doggers and the kitties too. :sad: But it is a very nice place! Good luck all.

Only problem is........... dial up! :eek:

aslan
October 17th, 2008, 10:00 PM
rotfl, well now that you mention it, ummm did you ride the short school bus when you were little.

pfffft, we're getting satelite 14+, well if your not coming now atleast there will be someone on here for us to talk to.

14+kitties
October 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I did write that but took it out. Didn't want to leave out anyone. Wd and ancient and kr and onster and............. lots more that frequent the TJT.
I don't think there's enough room for all. :sad:

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Hmmm...maybe we should open it as a guest house and let everyone use it for vacations! :D Rotating entertainment for the Pack! :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
October 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
So does this mean i get first dibs on snuggling lil belle.:D

Get in line sista! I got dibs on Lil Belle from way back :p :laughing:

rainbow
October 18th, 2008, 01:22 AM
rainbow gets the bed! :laughing: :laughing:

WOOO HOOO :thumbs up

:D

So, according to Hazel..... :p :p :p to everyone else. :laughing:

Get in line sista! I got dibs on Lil Belle from way back :p :laughing:

And, I won Cole a long time ago. :cloud9:

chico2
October 18th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Hazel,I am older and wiser than the whole bunch,have great patience,love your puppers,although my fading memory does not allow for all those names:laughing:
I love the"jail"it looks better than my house too:laughing:
I'll bring my tiger Rocky along,he can handle 8 puppers for sure....when do you want me there??
Looking at the map,you are not too far away...:highfive:

hazelrunpack
October 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
:laughing: I told the Pack that Rocky was coming and to be very, very afraid. They're not buying it! :D

Won't they be surprised the first time he disciplines the unruly canines? :laughing:

And the Pack assures me that they're willing to share, so if they need to get attention from more than one visitor at a time, well...it's a dirty job but someone has to do it! Might as well be them! :dog: :D

clm
October 19th, 2008, 01:05 AM
I love the first pic in the afternoon nap on the deck series. I've neve known an English Setter, just an Irish setter and she was the nicest tempered dog. Had a bad habit of trying to escape from her yard though, and was quite successful a number of times. That nose of hers made her want to follow scents everywhere. Yours look like they're all a bunch of sweeties too. Setters have very soulful looking faces. You just want to snuggle up to them.

Cindy

TeriM
October 19th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Hehe, gotta love that sh** disturber Brier :lovestruck:. Also love the shot of the pups on the deck :cloud9: and ........... if we are calling dibbs again :rolleyes: then I claim Ms. Macie :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
October 19th, 2008, 09:08 AM
That nose of hers made her want to follow scents everywhere.

Yeah, sometimes they put their noses to the ground or up in the air and turn off their ears. :rolleyes: Ours are pretty good about not wanting to leave the yard, though. Especially when the bears or the wolves are roaming close. The Pack thankfully shows a great deal of discretion! :pray:

Yours look like they're all a bunch of sweeties too. Setters have very soulful looking faces. You just want to snuggle up to them.

It's the hanging lips. :laughing: Makes them look wise. Looks can be decieving! :D But they love the extra snuggling it gets them.

Hehe, gotta love that sh** disturber Brier :lovestruck:. Also love the shot of the pups on the deck :cloud9: and ........... if we are calling dibbs again :rolleyes: then I claim Ms. Macie :lovestruck:.

That pretty much pegs Brier right on! :laughing:

shhhh....I can't play favorites but Ms Macie is one of mine, too!