Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's the one thing your Pet will RUN for?

Sneaky2006
July 21st, 2004, 11:34 AM
One thing all my cats run for is the laser pointer. Of course they chase the laser but just the sound it makes (it's a keychain) when bringing it out makes them come from all floors of the house cause they love it so much!

Catnip is Snooky's most favorite thing, no matter what he's doing he will break his neck and come running full force when he hears the container being opened or if we shake it.

So what makes your guys come running? Besides regular food or feeding time.

TalonsMa
July 21st, 2004, 11:37 AM
The can opener for both of them :) And if I start talking on the phone Sades will come running from anywhere to sit on my lap, cuz she knows she'll get tons of lovin :)

JKC27
July 21st, 2004, 12:10 PM
Funny, my kitty Tucker, he comes running to the door when I get home. He also loves his Feline T/D treats the vet gave me a sample of. Now with the new buddy he has (8 wk old kitten) he follows him around and runs when he hears he's up to something.

Donna Marie
July 21st, 2004, 12:32 PM
When we come home from work, Cleo will come running down the stairs to the front door. She also runs for bugs and has quite the appetite for moths. She will usually come if you call her....but you have to be super sweet sounding when you do..."Cleooooooo....come on my baby girl....come on sweetheart....where is my lovey girl? (etc)"

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 12:33 PM
It's kinda funny actually, until this week Briggs was pretty much oblivious to all birds, rabbits, squirrels etc. Now, when she sees them, she immediately tries to run for them. I gotta be pretty quick now, she's caught me off gaurd a couple of times!!! :eek: She goes crazy for cat treats too! :D

TalonsMa
July 21st, 2004, 01:25 PM
Oh yes! Sades likes bugs too :-)) Especially grasshoppers!! It sounds really gross when she's crunching away on one! And heaven forbid there is a fly out of her reach, she will run over to us and cry to be lifted up so she can reach it :) They also both run to to the door to "greet" us :) Although they usually look like they've just woken up ;) Ahhh the life of a loved animal :)

shan
July 21st, 2004, 01:37 PM
Annie always comes running when I sit down on the floor to blow dry my hair every morning. She doesnt really like the blow dryer after a bath but she loves it when I blow it on her a bit so she can swat at it. Then she just curls up in my lap. Silly dog...

glasslass
July 21st, 2004, 01:53 PM
When I put clean sheets on the bed! Both Den-Den and Puss-Puss like to jump up to "help"! :p

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 02:06 PM
LOL, when I flip the matress, I barely even get it off the box spring and Connor jumps right on!! :p Let's just hope I don't miss him there one day and drop the matress!!! :eek:

buriedinfur
July 21st, 2004, 02:24 PM
The cats all come running when I change the litter - I think it is a competition to see who can mess it up first ;)
My one cat also comes to crinkling up paper - she loves to chase it and will retrieve it, if in the mood.
My dog has become fixated on chasing birds out of the yard - you would think that she was chasing out a robber the way she barks and lunges at them. She also has learned to even spell W A L K so we have to be inventive in saying that word around her.

Sneaky2006
July 21st, 2004, 02:30 PM
Oh yes, running to the fresh litter. ALL of my cats do that too, little buggers can't leave it clean for one minute!! :D

Princesss04
July 21st, 2004, 02:35 PM
That is how Cry Baby is the minute I dump the box than he can not wait to go and STINK in up! :D

daisy18216
July 21st, 2004, 02:41 PM
My dogs come running when they hear the keys on the key chain, when you put your sneakers and jacket on.

Or if you say Outside and Food.

MBRA518
July 21st, 2004, 02:44 PM
Oh yes, running to the fresh litter. ALL of my cats do that too, little buggers can't leave it clean for one minute!! :D

Peanut does that too...

Both love the laser - although poor peanut kitty (they one the lazer pointer was bought for) rarely gets to play with it what with the 80lbs rottie chasing after it like a fool :D A cat could get hurt you know.

Rosie will run to basically anything edible :rolleyes: ... and both run fastest in the other direction when the vacuum comes out... LOL

Sneaky2006
July 21st, 2004, 02:51 PM
Mine too!! They HATE the vacuum!!

glasslass
July 21st, 2004, 03:26 PM
The evil vacuum monster! Know all about HIM!! :D

Cinnabear
July 21st, 2004, 03:26 PM
My cats will run when someone opens their food bin. Glutton ones even if they have food in their dish.

My dogs will run when their hear leashes. You can tell I walk all the time to and from school to pick up my dd. My dog will tell me it is time yet. Its has to be time to walk now. Come on lets go now. I'm waiting. Come on you're going to be late if we don't go now. Yep he walks all the time, spoiled little fella.

Excellent thread :)

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 03:45 PM
Monster!!! Can't think of any animal I know that likes that vacuum!!!! LMAO :D

jindo4life
July 21st, 2004, 08:40 PM
Jin chews on old snow gloves 24/7

Luba
July 21st, 2004, 08:43 PM
Oh those are all great, crack me up!!

Sadie runs for other dogs like a mad woman (esp male dogs...what a tramp)

There's so many other things...but especially her leash she knows 'walkies' :D

glasslass
July 21st, 2004, 09:22 PM
Den-Den pulls at the leash walking through Petsmart's parking lot toward the store. He can't wait to get inside and smell all the ends and corners of the display shelves. People probably think he needs to learn to heel, which he can do beautifully. He's just so happy, I allow it. :p

Jackie467
July 21st, 2004, 09:38 PM
My dog BJ will go running to the back window if you say the word squirrel. even if you just say it in passing he will run from any room in the house to that same window that faces the back yard cuz there are always squirrels on the fence. he just goes nuts. he will also run all over the house looking for his toy chicken if you tell him to get the chicken.

MBRA518
July 22nd, 2004, 11:16 AM
Monster!!! Can't think of any animal I know that likes that vacuum!!!! LMAO :D

Actually my old dog Kody loved the vacuum - when you tried to clean up he wouldn't leave you alone until you vacuumed him :rolleyes: He also liked the hose though (all other I know dogs hate it) - he would play around the sprinkler for hours (I actually bought it for him), one day he picked it up and ran in the open sliding door with it.... no more open sliding door when the sprinkler was on :D ... aww... I miss Kody :(

Cactus Flower
July 22nd, 2004, 01:04 PM
There is one thing Raja (Great Dane) will run for, and that is her pet boy.

When she sees my son, she breaks into a full gallop and zoooooooooms up to him, then passes him at the last second- missing him by only an inch. Then turns, and zoooooooooooms past again....back and forth.......back and forth- all with a huge excited smile on her face!

maxim1
July 22nd, 2004, 01:42 PM
I used to think my cat Annabel was lazy till I read this post. I started thinking what she ran for or from and it seems that's all she does.

She loves the laser pointer, if she hears me open her cupboard (it squeaks) if we shake her treat tin, the toaster (she loves toast with peanut butter), and if I tell her the birdies are at the window.
She hates the vacuum, our new kitten, and her cat carrier (she thinks she's going to the vet)

anniebananie
July 22nd, 2004, 07:57 PM
My two JR's run for the vacuum cleaner (they both love that) and the lawn mower (same we on;y have to mention *black shoes* and they get all excited)) and when they are in digging mode will come running for *bacon, bacon, bacon*. The cats run if they hear the tin opener. One runs if I yell red dot - that's the lazer pointer (bought especially for them). One dog has a thing about squirells - hates them with a passion - because she got a tiny plant pot (one that seedlings come in) thrown at her by one squirrel years ago. So if shr thinks one might be in the gaarden she jumps up and down (boinging we call it) all the trees in the garden
:D

Luba
July 22nd, 2004, 08:14 PM
her pet boy lmao good one ;)