Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

White cat found!

Mudgee
October 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hello,

A few weeks ago, I found a cat in Cambridge, Ontario near hespeler road.

The cat is white, Has no tattoo's to identify it, nor is it chipped. It is spayed and declawed. The cat is also a female.

It has amazing blue eyes and a rather wide nose.

If any one is missing such a cat, Please reply!

babymomma
October 15th, 2008, 08:57 PM
would it be possible for you to post a picture. That may help if somebody is looking for her!

I hope her owners will be found..

Any ideas on what you will do if she isnt reclaimed?!

NoahGrey
October 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I would contact the Cambridge Humane Society and take a found report. That way if someone calls or has calls, they will have the information.

Are you keeping the cat till you find the owner? I would also place a ad in newspaper.

Another good idea I think is posting a found report up at the HUGE zehers on Dunbar road. I think everyone in cambridge goes there *L* Where in hespler road did you find her? You should put postings up in that area as well.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ACO22

mona_b
October 16th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this cat is also deaf.White cats with blue eyes are prone to being born deaf.I know this cause I have one that is.:)

These cats should not be outdoors.

Also,put up fliers in your area and at all vet offices.

Mudgee
October 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
So far, I have left a report at the local humane society and have been asking around..

But I'm upset, Because I can't keep her. She's been defecating and peeing all over the house, And my cats I already have are stressing from her sudden appearance...

I have to take her to the humane society tomorrow, Which makes me feel like a horrible person. But I just can't keep her...

But, I am going to take pictures of her first, and make flyers and possibly a newspaper add, directing the owners to the humane society.

It's the best I can do :(

Mudgee
October 16th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Oh, And I know she isn't deaf, because she responds to me calling her.

badger
October 16th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Is the Cambridge shelter no-kill?

Please try to find a rescue first, they will help you and the cat will be well-treated.

Try this place. If they can't help you, they will point you to someone who can.
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/ON280.html

In the meantime, can I make a couple of suggestions?

The first thing, ideally, would be to take her to the vet, to make sure nothing is physically wrong. She probably needs to be wormed. (parasites can affect bathroom habits).

You said she pees and poops all over the house. Is it possible that she can't get to the litterbox safely or she feels unsafe in some way? It is never a good idea to throw cats who don't know each other into the same space and expect them to get along. You need to introduce them slowly and carefully until they have worked through their fear.

If you have the space, even a big bathroom, I strongly suggest you separate her from the others, tonight if possible, with her own litterbox and dishes. That way all the cats will be less stressed and I am willing to bet that she will start using the litterbox. For a cat in a new situation, it really is a jungle out there! There's no need to introduce her to your cats until you decide what to do.

Can you give her just a little more time, to see if this works? A few days?

But call that rescue group tomorrow. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Good luck.

BenMax
October 17th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I agree with Badger. The cat should not mingle with yours at this point. If you put her in a room with the cat litter I am sure that she will be less stressed and will use the litter box.

If you do bring this cat to the shelter I would not tell them that she deficated and urinated all over the place. This will seal her fate as they will not give her a chance to relax and use the litter box. I am in no way saying to lie but I am saying that this behaviour may only be a temporary set back for her as she is probably scared and confused. She will adjust. It just would be an unfair assessment of who she may really be.

Anyways - try contacting a rescue before you go to the shelter.

I wish you luck and thanks for taking in this little one.

Mudgee
October 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I actually most likely found a loving home for her..

I will get the number of this new home, and give it to the humane society, should the owner come looking.

badger
October 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm assuming you took her to the SPCA Cambridge. They've only got 14 cats up for adoption on their website so maybe they've got room to keep her for awhile :fingerscr I don't see anything on their website indicating they are no-kill, which I would expect.

Unfortunately, the person you found to adopt her will probably have to pay. Here in Montreal I think the price is around 160$ :eek: But usually it includes a spay/neuter or a coupon if the cat is too young to be done. If the owner isn't found, will the SPCA contact her?