Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

urination, dirty clothes, and the cat

black6061
October 15th, 2008, 04:48 PM
ok everyone i am new to this but i need some help here i have a male 1 year old cat who has been fixed therfore he no-longer sprays me but now he urinates on my husbands clothes they can be clean or dirty he still urinates on them at first i thought it was because of his litter box but i have been working overtime to keep it clean so can anyone answer why he seems to love to pee on my oldmans clothes as i stated before they can be clean or dirty he dont care

Winston
October 15th, 2008, 04:53 PM
welcome....sorry to hear about your kitty...but I would recomend a vet visit...just to rule out anything medical....usually when they urinate outside the box there is a reason...you have come to the right place for help....one thing you could try is a different type of litter...I think there is one called cat attract or something along those lines....I use the pheramone diffusers (Feliway) for my female cate who is 12...and they are really helping us out..

Would love to see some pics!

chico2
October 15th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I agree with Winston,first take him to the vet check for UTI(urinary tract infection)which is a painful condition in a cat,also he might not show any discomfort,so do not go by that.
Another thing,since I have a cat who sprays,try to make it a habit NOT to have clothes lying around,whether dirty or clean.
I too use a couple of Feli-Way diffusers and it's worked wonders:cat:

2badcats
October 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Put an old shirt or something in the litter box, make sure there's nothing else accessible to him, and see if that gets him into the box.
Our 2.5-year old pees on clothes rarely, but it seems to be when he's upset about something.

Daizy
October 16th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I was wondering, Winston ~ you say you use Feliway, do you put it in with the litter and this is what helps?

sugarcatmom
October 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I was wondering, Winston ~ you say you use Feliway, do you put it in with the litter and this is what helps?

Feliway is a synthetic pheromone that mimics the pheromones cats leave when they rub their cheeks or chins on stuff. It's a happy pheromone and can make cats feel calm, like all is good in their world. Feliway comes in either a room diffuser that fills the room with the scent (which people aren't supposed to be able to smell), or else you can get it in spray form. With the spray, you can spritz it in areas where cats might be stressin' (like cat carriers), or making their stress known (like where they urine mark). Don't spray it in their litter box, you might make the problem worse.

AmericanBullMom
October 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I wouldnt put a shirt in the little box...that inforcing his marking on clothes... Foose will pee on bath rugs... I dont know WHAT it is...but if I leave the bath rug on the floor, he goes straight for it...

He needs to see a vet to be checked for a UTI.... That can be very bad!

Like someone else said, just dont leave ANY clothes on the floor... and also trying a new litter would be good too.

Daizy
October 16th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks Sugar Cat Mom