Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The garbage disposal strikes again!!

Apainta
October 15th, 2008, 09:49 AM
So last night when I let Ruby out before bed I could hear she and Mick outside making noise. This is not uncommon because they wrestle of play "tag" all the time. I then remembered that I had seen a frog on the porch that morning. We opened the door to let them in and let the frog go back to his safespot but as soon as we opened the door Ruby grabbed whatever they were playing with. I think it was a frog but my bf thinks it was a mouse (we live in the country) Whatever it was we couldn't tell if Ruby swallowed it whole or if it got away. I watched her most the night and she seemed fine and begged to go out several times. While outside she seemed to be searching the yard for something but never found anything but her normal toys. Should I be worried enough to take her to the vet? She has eaten tons of stuff and she has been fine, I just don't know how bad swallowing a frog or mouse is for her.
Thanks!!!

Apainta
October 15th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Whew.... Worry over!! I just found the mouse alive in the yard right around where Ruby was last seen with it! I helped the mouse out of the yard and into the neighbor's yard. (Sorry neighbor!!)

Frenchy
October 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
:yuck:

the only thing you can worry about is if your dog eats a mouse , he can get worms from it , and then fleas. :yuck:

JamersRN
October 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Glad to hear ALL are well ;-)

Etown_Chick
October 15th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Cats eat mice all the time with no ill effects. I wouldn't worry about it, unless there is chance someone has poisoned the mice.

rainbow
October 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Cats eat mice all the time with no ill effects. I wouldn't worry about it, unless there is chance someone has poisoned the mice.

Cats that eat mice and other rodents or birds must be wormed regularly.