Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pee-You!!! Cat Pee, that is.

danaekitty
October 14th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Any tricks out there to getting rid of the smell? Olive pees places when we don't clean her litter often enough (I know, shame on us!).

This time, she peed in her fave place to sleep during the day, which I thought was weird. Anyway, I'm alternating dousing it (a chair w/o removable cushions) in hot dishsoapy water and Lysol antibacterial spray...

Anyone have any surefire cures? And please don't say "clean the litter box more," because obviously I know that, ha ha. We clean it every other day, she's just super picky.

Diamondsmum
October 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
natures miracle :thumbs up

You can buy it at a pet store

Winston
October 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
You need something for pet enzymes....only thing that will help with the smell.....you may not be able to smell it but the kitties sure can!

danaekitty
October 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
What do you mean, Winston? It's the enzymes that smell and the cats will still smell it even after I spray them?
I don't think I really care if they can still smell it, at the moment. I'm too mad.

Diamondsmum
October 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
What do you mean, Winston? It's the enzymes that smell and the cats will still smell it even after I spray them?
I don't think I really care if they can still smell it, at the moment. I'm too mad.

yup If you dont use something the take the enzymes out The cat will use it over & over again.

Alot of stuff just covers the odor not completely take it out.

(We use the natures miracle in puppy potty training)

BUT I have used it for my cats as they sometimes miss the litter box:o

danaekitty
October 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM
OOOOOHHHHHHHH, I get it!
Great. Will send Mike out for some NM today.
Thanks guys!

14+kitties
October 15th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Yeah, so I will be the first one to say............ litter boxes need cleaned EVERY day, most times twice. I clean mine three times a day. You can't go two days. Olive is obviously a kitty who likes a very clean box. Or - get a bigger box so she isn't always stepping in her junk.

mona_b
October 15th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Another great thing to use is "nok Out"...I have to say I like it better now then NM..

At times Caspers pee goes outside of the box,this stuff is amazing.I got mine at Pet Valu.

http://www.doggyloo.ca/odor-eliminator-4-prd1.html

http://www.onlysports.ca/index.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=index&Itemid=37&cPath=3