Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am just sooo angry!

Soter
October 14th, 2008, 03:49 AM
We know this family, who wanted to adopt a dog. So they went out and adopted this lovley collie dog, but he was terrified of anybody being loud, touching him, big noises, cars ect..
But all they were doing was crowding round him the second he got home (i was there, so i was watching) and he was absolutley terrified. He cowered in the corner of the shed, but he was tied up so he couldn't get away, and they were all stroking him and cooing over him, but i felt so sorry for him, he was just so scared!!!! Then a few days later, we heard ....
They thought he was too afraid of cars to go down to the road, so they untied him and let him wander around the garden. Then he got hit by a car because they left the gate open, assuming:wall: that he wouldn't go down there. He died, it was just so sad, but I wish they had taked proper car of him in the first place! :yell: All that dog needed was a one to one owner who could help him to settle down, and not be so afraid of humans, and not be so silly as to let him wander down to a main road!

Sorry I just needed to get that out. Oh it is so frstrating!! People like that shouldn't have dogs, unless they first educate themselves on basic care and welfare!

:frustrated::yell::frustrated::wall:

Jim Hall
October 14th, 2008, 08:46 AM
it i s amazing how cluless some people are maybe they should by a goldfish insteadd

Love4himies
October 14th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Or a stuffed animal :evil: :grouphug:

BenMax
October 14th, 2008, 09:07 AM
How very sad. I could go on about proper introduction with a timid unsocialized dog - but really it is on deaf ears since this person is not within this forum.

RIP pup - I am truly sorry that you had the wrong family.:rip:

kathryn
October 14th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Or a stuffed animal :evil: :grouphug:

a lady at my shelter told a family that asked for a hypoallergenic dog to get a stuffed animal... some people are just not meant to be pet owners.

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM
My boss has a shih-poo, he said it's hypo-allergenic. Um...no. I watched his kids not long ago and was playing with the dog and began to have a major allergic reaction. As soon as the wife came home, I was out of there, I could barely breathe. I think that's just a myth.

They should have done more research. People should think about getting a pet as long as they do about having children. The responsibilities are REAL and are many. It's not just feeding and walking them for dogs, or feeding and cleaning litter!

growler~GateKeeper
October 15th, 2008, 02:15 AM
:rip: puppy :candle:

Kai'smom
October 15th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Thats such a sad story. Even removing the social behaviour problems the dog had, even if it was Lassie, you still dont let a dog wander onto a road. You wouldnt let your 2 year do it. You guys are right, some people are just on another planet!

Soter
October 15th, 2008, 09:28 AM
it i s amazing how cluless some people are maybe they should by a goldfish insteadd

Not even a goldfish, people like that would probably kill one of them too!:frustrated:

babymomma
October 15th, 2008, 06:14 PM
This really makes me angry. My family was turned down for adoption at a local shelter, Just because the lady running it didnt like us. Nothing to do with us not being able to care for an animal properly. And still for all these peaople were allowed to Adopt a dog ?! It disgusts me. NOt only that, But my uncle ( A man i have always hated from the bottom of my soul) Adopted a dog from the shelter i Tried to get a dog from (Hes a druggy that beats his wife and daughter, and only got the dog to get his child to shut the hell up) When he had enough of the dog (A 9 month old, beautiful lab x that was the most gentle and loving dog in the world) He went out back and shot her?! And still for all, My family wasntt allowed to adopt?! :wall: :shrug:

flipgirl4
October 16th, 2008, 02:28 AM
From where did this family adopt this dog? I shudder to think that it was from a shelter or rescue...pet shop I can understand because they don't care where the dogs go. If you find out, go to that shelter or rescue and give them h*ll. Would it be too late to call animal control? My blood is boiling.

I have a friend who doesn't care for his dog - well not that he doesn't care for him but doesn't provide for him in terms of giving him the best food he can (he is not lacking in the money department), doesn't train him and yells at him when he doesn't come or obey him and doesn't play with him. So this poor dog lacks confidence, (he was afraid to go in my backyard until I showed him that hey, he can play in my backyard), has a smelly and greasy coat, his breath stinks and he doesn't have any life in him. Anyway, my point in telling this story is that I'm so angry at my friend that I want to dognap him. And then to read this story that these people didn't give a rat's a** about whether the dog got hit by a car? There are no words to describe how angry I am reading this story.

I don't know, I guess I just think that we are the ones who choose to bring dogs into our lives, just as we do children so it behooves us to give them the best care we can. And to think that if this poor dog came from a rescue or shelter, he probably had a bad life before....OMG, I'm going to cry...:yell:

carlamaria
October 16th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Hi soter...what a heartbreaker! maybe some one should leave the gate open to the freeway for those morons!
keep on caring!
Carlamaria

lotus
October 16th, 2008, 06:27 AM
That is so sad. When I went to get Sugar the HS went over and over about how scared she is and how I should got about socializing her. Some people should never be aloud to own animals:mad: