Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Adopting a kitten in Toronto

JennieV
October 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Hi all!
Well, to make a long story short, my brother is finally ready for a pet (he was working weird hours away from home for days...so he couldn't before), plus his GF has finally moved in in the beginning of September and now they would like to get a kitten. As soon as he said that to me I blasted him with:"do not buy one!...go rescue/adopt one etc...". He looked at Humaine Society, but online they have only grown up cats and they really want a kitten (possibly 2 :pray:). So I told him I would ask around and see if anyone is in need of finding a home for kittens on this website, before he continues on with his search. I made him promise he would not buy one...LOL :D I told him to check out petfinder website.
Anyways, please contact me if you need to place a kitten (or two) and I will pass the info to him. I thought of Toonces' kittens, but not sure if it will be possible, since she is in Belleville.

Rainy
October 13th, 2008, 07:07 PM
The spca will most definately have kittens.Not every animal is on the website.Also I see kittens daily on craigslist for free because of accidental,or just advertising the allready outdoor litters.........Good luck!

meg4050
October 13th, 2008, 07:41 PM
The Toronto Humane Society has tons of kittens. I was there last Thursday for a volunteer appreciation night and they let us play with them all. It was all I could do not to take one home :cloud9:

Joeyjoejoe
October 14th, 2008, 12:32 AM
The Toronto Humane Society has tons of kittens. I was there last Thursday for a volunteer appreciation night and they let us play with them all. It was all I could do not to take one home :cloud9:

THS just doesn't have the capacity to list all their kittens on their website. Part of the problem is because they move quickly (as in they won't sit still for photos and they get adopted quickly!). You really need to go there and see for yourself. Ask for help because they have multiple rooms and you might miss some of them. Also, go when they open during a weekday (I think they open at 11am). It'll be less busy and you get your pick(s) of the litter!

Spatx
October 14th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I used to foster kittens for the Toronto Humane Society - there is definitely no shortage of rescue kittens. They come in every imaginable colour and fur type :lovestruck: Most humane societies do not get a chance to post kittens, the only way to go and see what is available is to stop by the shelters.

Toronto Animal Services has multiple locations, and they usually have kittens available as well.

There are also several cat rescues in Toronto. I'm trying to remember all the names :) Here are a few I can think of.

Toronto Cat Rescue
Annex Cat Rescue
North Toronto Cat Rescue
Abbey Cat Adoptions

JennieV
October 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you everyone, I figured he wouldn't have a problem finding a kitten...But wanted to post here, in case someone here was trying to home one.
He will be in touch with the rescues, he found them on Petfinder, so he has all the coordinates to contact them...And he said he will probably be taking 2!:thumbs up

Love4himies
October 14th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I think 14+ may have a couple of kittens that are ready for adoption.

KarenC
October 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Jennie V did you brother ever find his kittens??

I have two right now..Grey males. They are not at a rescue though these are the babies of the barn cat that my friend's neighbour won't spay.