Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PRO spaying and neutering!

Soter
October 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Just to let anybody who is wondering know that this is most definatly a PRO spaying and neutering website! No question about it...

IMO all the pros outweight the cons in just about every aspect.

Anyone agree/disagree??

hazelrunpack
October 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I don't think you're going to get much argument, Soter. :D

babymomma
October 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I do agree with S/N 100% .. I know the pros outweigh the cons, And alot of you will say its a minor procedure with very little risks. I disagree. I think anything that envolves anesthetic (I know its spelled Really wrong!) has its risks. I dont think there is a such thing as a 'simple' procedure. So many thikngs can go wrong with ANY surgery. But that is Absolutely no reason not to do it. If your Dog had to have emergancy surgery would you not do it andd let your dog suffer just because something Could Happen during the surgery that could harm/kill your pet? I'm doubtful anybody would. I just wanted to throw the whole "things can go wrong in any surgery" thing out there because sometimes it seems that people overlook it.. lol But Yes, In the words of bob barker," Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or nuetered!":D

Omg, I just thought about something. Keelys getting spayed at the end of the month:eek: Oh well, At least she wont have to go through the pain of birth and potentially die because of complications during labor:thumbs up

Spatx
October 13th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I agree completely with S/N, no argument here.

I was terrified bringing Nova in for the surgery - but I just remind myself that there are always risks, but S/N is one of the most common surgeries out there. An experienced vet has little to no complications. My vet has been in business for over 15 years, and was confident everything would go well. (And it went perfect - she healed up with no problems).

The ultimate benefit for me, is I don't have to worry about any chance of pregnancy and will never have to go through a heat cycle with my dogs. I had a lot of pressure from people to keep Nova intact because they might have wanted me to breed her in the future - but that is totally against my morals. So I did what was right, I got her spayed and eliminated the chance of adding more dogs needing homes to this world. :)

Frenchy
October 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM

I think I know why you are posting this ;) and of course , I totally agree !!!!

Tundra_Queen
October 14th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I will have to be getting our two kitten fixed very soon. I'm not worried about O'Shawnnessy too much, but I am worried about Mirabelle the female.

I don't know what to do with her while she is healing. I'm going to be a nervous wreck. Willie healed really quickly but a female is much more of a "surgery" and I hate stitches!

I'm still going to get it done though as I don't want any kittens coming from my cats.

All our dogs have always been fixed, purebreds or mutts didn't matter.

So yes, I agree spaying and neutering is the right thing to do!

Debbie

Soter
October 14th, 2008, 03:28 AM

Yes, definatly. Just letting people know :D:D

BenMax
October 14th, 2008, 08:04 AM

Me too - thanks! Actually - thank you on behalf of all rescues, shelters and animal control. It is very much appreciated!

14+kitties
October 14th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Tundra_Queen - A female isn't too bad any more. I included a picture of Dayle's recent surgery cause it's the one I have a pic of. You can watch her for the first few days and if you think she is getting too carried away then put her in her carrier for a few hours to settle. You don't have to limit ALL of her activity. She will let you know. I use large dog crates when I have one or two, usually three, recouping. They are fantastic!
You are right, boys are a lot easier. But girls aren't that bad either.

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM
No argument from me. I've had 4 done and one was already taken care of. I believe it's the best thing I've done for them and their health. And they certainly had no issue's afterward.

baxter
October 16th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hi...I'm most definitely in favor of spaying and neutering, I have a female Bichon who has an appointment to get spayed next month but i
I think shes in heat now...she's had blood in her urine for a few days no other symptoms....what should I be looking for?
She'll be 8 months on the 27th of October:dog::dog::dog:

ancientgirl
October 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM
She's a cutie!

When my kitten was in heat, she was meowing constantly, rubbing herself against places to get relief, I imagine a dog is similar. I don't know about the blood in her urine though. I never saw any when Kiska was in heat, and if your girl isn't exhibiting any kinds of signs that she needs relief she may have a different issue.

You may want to take her to the vet sooner.

14+kitties
October 16th, 2008, 02:30 PM
baxter - It would be a good idea to post this in dog health forum rather than here. It has a greater chance of being seen and addressed.
However, blood IN the urine is not a sign of heat that I know of. Bleeding from being in heat is actually drops of blood.
Below are a couple of sites that may help to explain what causes bleeding in dogs. It would be a good idea to get her in for a checkup just to be on the safe side.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Dog-Health-Blood-in-Urine&id=1247598

http://www.dog-health-guide.org/doghealthbloodinurine.html

baxter
October 16th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Baxter is my Shih Tzu 4 1/2 Sophie (just after her bath) almost 8 months

ancientgirl
October 16th, 2008, 02:35 PM
They are both adorable.

Bina
October 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Spay and Neuter?
YES YES YES :thumbs up
(I even had my husband done)

BenMax
October 16th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Spay and Neuter?

Too funny - good for you! And I am sure it did not stunt his growth...(don't answer that).

Bina
October 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Well, it stopped him from wandering.....LOL

RedRoxBoerboels
October 16th, 2008, 03:04 PM
How about responsible pet ownership and not have them go off reproduce.

Tundra_Queen
October 18th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Tundra_Queen - A female isn't too bad any more. I included a picture of Dayle's recent surgery cause it's the one I have a pic of. You can watch her for the first few days and if you think she is getting too carried away then put her in her carrier for a few hours to settle. You don't have to limit ALL of her activity. She will let you know. I use large dog crates when I have one or two, usually three, recouping. They are fantastic!
You are right, boys are a lot easier. But girls aren't that bad either.

Thank you. I don't know why I'm so worried about taking care of a female, but I will remember what u said. And thank you for the picture too.
:)
Debbie

Frenchy
October 18th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Spay and Neuter?

:laughing: good one :laughing:

rainbow
October 18th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Spay and Neuter?

Too funny - good for you! And I am sure it did not stunt his growth...(don't answer that).

Well, it stopped him from wandering.....LOL

:laughing: you guys are two funny. :D

AmericanBullMom
October 21st, 2008, 09:53 AM
I wanted to breath life back into this thread....there are some people that might need to see this.:thumbs up

BenMax
October 21st, 2008, 10:15 AM
It is absolutely an important topic. I don't think we can get enough of it.

babymomma
October 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM
Keely is getting spayed on november 21st.. Alothough i am absoultely terrified (Not because of the procedure in itself, but because of the anesthetic), I would rather her go through this surgery then have her get pregnant and Die uring labor or even just go throught the pain of it. I mean, I just cant stand the thought of my baby girl getting pregnant (For starters she would be taken away from me by her breeder , Non breeding agree ment) And would just feel bad for her having to go through pregnancy..:sad::sad:.. I stress out so much when there is a male dog around now, i cant imagine how people let there intact dogs just hang around with each other :eek:

kitty2008
October 21st, 2008, 11:04 PM
I am not arguing with sterilization at all. I am not attempting a debate at all. I agree that at the moment it is the only form of population control available to pet owners. I was just wondering if anyone could produce a piece of scholarly literature showing that there are no ill psychological or physiological effects to it?

Now please don't reply if you're going to be defensive. A group of people on this forum took over another thread in an angry mob fashion and I would like this to remain mature.

hazelrunpack
October 21st, 2008, 11:28 PM
kitty2008, there are pros and cons to every procedure. You're never going to find an absolute answer, especially if you're looking for psychological effects on another species. :shrug:

It looks like you got a fair amount of information in your other thread. I'm sorry if you don't agree with it...but perhaps then a pro-spay/neuter board isn't the best place for you to ask? The members here have seen the results of not spaying...they have to deal with it every day. You can't expect them to reply any other way. They're passionate for a reason.

Have you talked to your vet and asked for lit references so you can read up on your own?

kitty2008
October 22nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
kitty2008, there are pros and cons to every procedure. You're never going to find an absolute answer, especially if you're looking for psychological effects on another species. :shrug:

It looks like you got a fair amount of information in your other thread. I'm sorry if you don't agree with it...but perhaps then a pro-spay/neuter board isn't the best place for you to ask? The members here have seen the results of not spaying...they have to deal with it every day. You can't expect them to reply any other way. They're passionate for a reason.

Have you talked to your vet and asked for lit references so you can read up on your own?

For goodness sake! Can't you read? I don't disagree with sterilization. I also don't care for you passion if it is at the expense of being respectful. Unfortunately I don't have access to scientific journals any more so I am asking for information. So you have 2 choices:

1) Put down your pitchforks and torches, break up your angry mob, and help me.

2) Don't comment. You people ruined 1 thread, don't ruin another.

For the rest, please press Alt-F4 right now (Command-Q on a mac).

Thank you!

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 02:59 AM
From http://www.petconnection.com/blog/2008/01/08/spayneuter-what-does-the-science-say/

But with all that talk, facts have been a bit scarce. Last month, the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association took a big step towards changing that, bringing together in one article a great deal of the research on the pros and cons of spaying and neutering pet dogs and cats.

The AVMA this week published the article publicly, so that pet owners could access it without paying the usual $10 fee. They have asked that if you choose to share the article, that you do so by giving out the link to it (which is at the end of this post) rather than copying the PDF file, so please honor that request ó if not because itís the right thing to do, then because it might lead to even more articles being made public in the future.

kathryn
October 22nd, 2008, 06:07 AM
Jessica, don't be scared about Keely. Do you trust the vet that is going to spay her? I've had my 8 kitties fixed, 1 came already fixed from the shelter, and I've trapped about 10 feral or stray cats to get fixed. I've also had all but 3 of my fosters get fixed under my watch. The other 3 were adopted without going threw my shelter because they were getting adopted by people I knew and they had vets already to take them too themselves.

It's very safe. Only once recently did I encounter an issue. One of my fosters, 2 month old male, woke up and started moving around too much in the carrier on the ride home. He split his incision open and bled out. We got home and he was a bloody mess. Rushed him right back to the shelter. They fixed him right up overnight and he's completely fine now. The vet said he's never seen that happen before either :shrug: But the kitten was jumping around in his carrier and trying to get out.

So I mean, that's the worst thing I've ever even heard of. I have volunteered in the clinic before. I did not do anything with the actual surgeries, but I was in the next room filing out the paperwork and filling it and doing the rabies certificates. I'm volunteering at a mass spay/neuter clinic this weekend that will get a couple hundred cats. These clinics are held once a month and have fixed over 11,000 cats in just about 2 years :thumbs up They're sponsored by my county animal control shelter and it costs 25$ for ferals and 35$ for house cats and includes vaccines.

I can assure you, it's all safe. Just trust your vet. If a vet or two, a couple vet techs and about 20 volunteers can safely fix a few hundred cats in a few hours, your Keely will be just fine. Thanks for getting her fixed! :D

ancientgirl
October 22nd, 2008, 08:16 AM
For goodness sake! Can't you read? I don't disagree with sterilization. I also don't care for you passion if it is at the expense of being respectful. Unfortunately I don't have access to scientific journals any more so I am asking for information. So you have 2 choices:

Thank you!

Hazel's comment did not warrant the rudeness of YOUR current comment.

If you have access to the internet you have access to scientific journals.

BenMax
October 22nd, 2008, 08:24 AM
Kitty2008 - perhaps you would have a better debate while volunteering at a high kill shelter.

No one was being rude with you and I am absolutely surprised with your reaction based on your 'maturity'.

To be honest - this thread was brought up in order to avoid any further negative discussion or tone.

You have come to the wrong place if you wish to bash a member that has been here for an extended period of time, whom has reached out to others with help and valuable information.

You are so welcome here in this forum, but an effort must be made to not bash and established member.

hazelrunpack
October 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
kitty2008, when was I disrespectful to you?

I made a suggestion to ask your vet for references. I'm sorry if that stressed you out, but it's the best advice I can offer since you seem to get defensive over any suggestions made here. :shrug: You are capable of searching the net on your own as much as anyone on this board. More capable than some of us on dial-up.

Search the lit on line. Talk to your vet about references--they may be able to order you copies of papers.

But don't fault the people on this board because you're not getting the answer you want.

14+kitties
October 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
Seems to me that some people want absolute proof that spaying/castration is safe before they can commit to having it done. There is no absolute proof. Just common sense. Common sense says to me that it is much much better to have a cat/dog spayed/neutured than not.

It also seems to me that articles can be written by "anybody" on line and in those oh so lauded scientific journals. You just pay to have it published in the journal you want it in. You can search and search and eventually you will come up with "proof" that it may be harder on the pet to s/n than not. Meanwhile, for years there has been tons of proof that it is the best thing for our loved pets.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Neutering-Your-Cat---The-Pros-And-Cons&id=1116740

aslan
October 22nd, 2008, 10:27 AM
100% for s/n,,, hazel i applaud you for your support and patience, hmmm hence your little gift.

kitty2008, no one here can guarantee there is absolutely no ill affect from a s/n. At this point i will speak for all of the members here. we would much rather kitty or puppy be a half in shorter due to s/n than catch some disease from mating with an animal that doesn't get regular vet car, get hit by a car while searching out sex for the week, dying from complications of delivering or in some cases not delivering their litter. etc, etc

I personally have had all of my pets done and will continue to do so. two of my boys have lived to 14 and 17 yrs old so if neutering them shortened their lives a little i don't think they missed much.

LavenderRott
October 22nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Well, I believe in spaying and neutering in most cases but I certainly expect a person to be educated about ANY surgery that they might put their pets through. There most certainly are risks when you have your pet spayed and to completely discount them is irresponsible.

I must say - there have been a couple of threads lately where people have been down right rude to new posters about the issue and I do feel that THAT is completely uncalled for.

This forum is about educating and sharing. While passion about something is a wonderful thing, brow beating someone into believing your position on something rarely works and being rude to someone completely invalidates your arguement.

clm
October 22nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Poor Hazel was only trying to help. I don't understand why you blew up at her. Flaming a loved member of the board isn't going to win you any points, you attract bees with honey, not vinegar Kitty2008.

As for spaying and neutering. We're talking pet animals only here obviously, kennel clubs and cat clubs still haven't come around to allow neutered or spayed animals participate fully as show animals.
I've had all of my cats neutered or spayed. I don't want female cats yowling and trying to get out every chance they get while in heat. All 3 of my female cats are indoor cats only, and I still preferred they be spayed. I can't see how being in heat can be a comfortable state for them either. Spaying them seemed like the best thing to do.
My indoor/outdoor male cat who is an adopted stray has been neutered. Any cat that is going to be spending any time outdoors not on a harness must be spayed or neutered IMO. If you can't control the cats sexual activities, then the animal must be fixed. Safer for them so they don't contract STD's or bring more kittens into this world that is already overflowing with shelter cats.
Your chances of a male cat not spraying indoors is better if you have them neutered as well and they don't wander as far from home looking for a mate. That's good enough for me....ever smell cat urine. :yuck:

My dogs. I've only ever had male dogs. Do I think neutering a male dog is necessary. Tough question, there can be lots of variables. An unneutered dog may be sexually aggressive (humping other dogs and peoples legs), would be a tempting target for a dog thief for a puppy mill (don't laugh, it happens a lot more than you think), costs you more for a license, will be attracted to any female dog in heat, has a risk of developing testicular cancer later on in life.
A neutered dog will calm down sexually, some say it helps curb aggression although I think the jury is still out on that one, a lot less expensive to license, no chance of developing testicular cancer later on in life. Now I've kept unneutered and neutered male dogs both for their entire lives, both lived to be the same age. I consider myself a responsible dog owner. The unneutered male had absolutely no opportunity to mate with another dog and would never have that opportunity. Our dogs are totally supervised when outdoors, no opportunity to be stolen, no opportunity to mate.
A female dog may be different in my eyes. A female in heat will attract other dogs......I don't know that I would want to have to worry about other dogs hanging around our house during that time. An intact female is the absolute prize for the dog theives too.
The bleeding during heat would be a minor issue for me, but if you had carpeting and cloth furnature to worry about, it wouldn't be good, but still an issue and again, how comfortable is it for that female to keep going through heat cycles and not being able to mate. Is she going to develop a false pregnancy.....it happens a lot. Do you want to eliminate the chances of mammary tumours.....worth while I think to get a female spayed.
You have to weigh and balance the pros and cons. Top of list if you are not going to get a pet animal fixed......YOU MUST BE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO ENSURE THAT ANIMAL NEVER HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROCREATE!!!

Cindy

Love4himies
October 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
Even if you have your unspayed kitty inside, she will still attract stray males into the neighbourhood. This can cause issues for owners of cats who exhibit redirected aggression, urine spraying, etc. and result in owners euthanizing/rehoming their cat. So in my eyes, part of responsible kitty ownership is keeping harmony in the community too.

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM

Thank you!

kitty2008, I never read your post last night as it wasn't there before I started mine and, since I was reading the article I referred to in my post, I ended up missing your remarks.

Your reply to hazelrunpack was totally uncalled for. You were rude and arrogant and that never gets you anywhere with anyone.

Did you read the website I posted? ....

http://www.petconnection.com/blog/20...e-science-say/

The AVMA article that they are referring to takes awhile to locate but it is here....scroll down to the bottom of the page and it's the only one marked "free". There are two PDF files that you can read....

http://avmajournals.avma.org/action/doSearch?action=runSearch&type=advanced&result=true&prevSearch=%2Bauthorsfield%3A(Scarlett%2C+Janet+M. )

Soter
October 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
I must say there have been a couple of threads lately where people have been down right rude to new posters about the issue and I do feel that THAT is completely uncalled for.

I must say, quite true. I only posted the thread to let newcomers know, so no arguments or being rude would occur. :rolleyes:

14+kitties
October 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM

Thank you!

Our passion is what built this forum into what it is. A Pro S/N site.

aslan
October 22nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
soter maybe i'm mistaken, but hazel answered kitty 2008 politely it was kitty2008 who answered rudely.

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM

And we are very proud of it. :thumbs up

soter maybe i'm mistaken, but hazel answered kitty 2008 politely it was kitty2008 who answered rudely.

Exactly. :thumbs up

LavenderRott
October 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
kitty2008, I never read your post last night as it wasn't there before I started mine and, since I was reading the article I referred to in my post, I ended up missing your remarks.

Your reply to hazelrunpack was totally uncalled for. You were rude and arrogant and that never gets you anywhere with anyone.

Apparently, you didn't read poor kitty2008's thread where she innocently asked about her cat's behaviour and was bad mouthed all over the place. The amount of rudeness in that thread was appalling and her defending of herself was just that - self defense.

I have been around here for a llllooonnnggggg time and I can promise you that it has always been a pro spay/neuter board. But it hasn't always been a "say whatever you want no matter who's feelings you trample to make your point" board.

kitty2008
October 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
kitty2008, when was I disrespectful to you?

I made a suggestion to ask your vet for references. I'm sorry if that stressed you out, but it's the best advice I can offer since you seem to get defensive over any suggestions made here. :shrug: You are capable of searching the net on your own as much as anyone on this board. More capable than some of us on dial-up.

We both know that your reply was really unnecessary. Besides the fact that you told me that a pro-spay board was not the right place to get information about spaying (do you see the irony?) you were also trying to instill debate. I'm just frustrated and wish the lot of you would stop badgering me.

Search the lit on line. Talk to your vet about references--they may be able to order you copies of papers.

But don't fault the people on this board because you're not getting the answer you want.

I'm faulting the people on this board for being rude without reason. I mean just look at this thread. I honestly feel like I'm in some Linux forum surrounded by 14 year old boys. Honestly, that is the level of this forum. I'm surprised no one has called me a noob yet. You people bash the newcomer in droves when all they want is info. I hope one day some of you at least reflect on your actions here and realize how poorly you've served a member of the cat community.

BTW anyone who wants to say I started it, or I deserved it...I'd just like the point out that those are the two most common excuses provided by abusive husbands for beating their wives...

kitty2008
October 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Apparently, you didn't read poor kitty2008's thread where she innocently asked about her cat's behaviour and was bad mouthed all over the place. The amount of rudeness in that thread was appalling and her defending of herself was just that - self defense.

I have been around here for a llllooonnnggggg time and I can promise you that it has always been a pro spay/neuter board. But it hasn't always been a "say whatever you want no matter who's feelings you trample to make your point" board.

Thank you LavenderRott! At least someone likes to see new people on this forum!

kitty2008
October 22nd, 2008, 05:50 PM

Turning new people away will make this forum broke. Admin...can you explain to these people that your income is generated by unique individuals visiting this site? I know I'm only 1 person but I wonder how many other new people are going to read how the "passionate" members of this board treat newcomers and are going to get scared away. I know I've posted my experiences on the other boards I've found since being hissed at here.

kitty2008
October 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hazel's comment did not warrant the rudeness of YOUR current comment.

She had no place replying, just like you. I asked for no one to reply unless they were going to help, she just badgered and then told me to go talk to my vet. That isn't helping.

If you have access to the internet you have access to scientific journals.

Sigh...reputable journals have very limited internet access.

kitty2008
October 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Just to let anybody who is wondering know that this is most definatly a PRO spaying and neutering website! No question about it...

Anyone agree/disagree??

You're encouraging an argument by asking if anyone disagrees! Unfortunately, the "passionate" people on this forum love to argue.

babymomma
October 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Jessica, don't be scared about Keely. Do you trust the vet that is going to spay her? I've had my 8 kitties fixed, 1 came already fixed from the shelter, and I've trapped about 10 feral or stray cats to get fixed. I've also had all but 3 of my fosters get fixed under my watch. The other 3 were adopted without going threw my shelter because they were getting adopted by people I knew and they had vets already to take them too themselves.

It's very safe. Only once recently did I encounter an issue. One of my fosters, 2 month old male, woke up and started moving around too much in the carrier on the ride home. He split his incision open and bled out. We got home and he was a bloody mess. Rushed him right back to the shelter. They fixed him right up overnight and he's completely fine now. The vet said he's never seen that happen before either :shrug: But the kitten was jumping around in his carrier and trying to get out.

So I mean, that's the worst thing I've ever even heard of. I have volunteered in the clinic before. I did not do anything with the actual surgeries, but I was in the next room filing out the paperwork and filling it and doing the rabies certificates. I'm volunteering at a mass spay/neuter clinic this weekend that will get a couple hundred cats. These clinics are held once a month and have fixed over 11,000 cats in just about 2 years :thumbs up They're sponsored by my county animal control shelter and it costs 25$ for ferals and 35$ for house cats and includes vaccines.

I can assure you, it's all safe. Just trust your vet. If a vet or two, a couple vet techs and about 20 volunteers can safely fix a few hundred cats in a few hours, your Keely will be just fine. Thanks for getting her fixed! :D

Thanks Kathryn for your reassurance :) :thumbs up I totaly trust my vet. Honestly, i would trust her with my life. But theres still that little thing in the back of my mind with the What ifs:o lol.. Dont worry, I would have her spayed no matter what, And i think unless you are a certified breeder everybody should spay/nueter. I wish there was a law for it.

14+kitties
October 22nd, 2008, 06:12 PM
BTW anyone who wants to say I started it, or I deserved it...I'd just like the point out that those are the two most common excuses provided by abusive husbands for beating their wives...

??????? :confused: What does this have to do what being pro spay/neuter?

Once again, I am sorry you can not find any useful information here. We have tried to present our side. We can't seem to make you happy sir. I don't believe anyone has said "he started it".
We are not the scientific community you seem to crave. We are a normal bunch of people who do what we can to make life better for the few animals we can help. We have tried to help you by using search engines to find the most readily available information we can find. We can't do any more.
Perhaps our good Dr Lee can step in and help out by PMing you? He is a registered vet practicing in the US. Would that help you at all? :shrug:

babymomma
October 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
She had no place replying, just like you. I asked for no one to reply unless they were going to help, she just badgered and then told me to go talk to my vet. That isn't helping.

Last i checked this was a Public forum:shrug: And Soters thread? So, if you say something, be prepared to hear peoples opinions, wheather you like them or not. We are all entitled to our opinions. As are you. BUT, although sometimes we do speak hastely , You may want to look at what your typing. Because hon, You have absolutely NO right to call any of US rude. LOOK AT YOUR OWN POSTS!

And BTW- I am a 15 year old. I have teenager friends. And Almost all of them are ALOT more mature than you. So before you start saying how you feel like we are all a bunch of "teenagers" On this forum, Maybe you should think again, Because i have yet to see a teenager with such a think skull.

Sorry, But you are being rude, And immature, and unwilling to take anybodys advise, or even just politely say that you arent looking for a specific peice of info that they suggested. But no, Instead, you sit there, and say things that are completely uncalled for and very rude, while calling US rude. Im sorry you are ill educated, and while trying to get educated you are to stubborn to listen to anybody. I truley am.

Sorry marko , I may have said a few things out of line, but can you honestly, deep inside, blame me?!:wall:

Capt. Jack
October 22nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Swearing and being deliberately rude to other members is not permitted on this site.

As quoted from the posted rules that you can find here http://www.pets.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=10&a=12

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57597

Actually, I did read the beginning until post #6 where the OP didn't like the answers he was getting from a pro spay/neuter board and started replying with rude answers. I did not return to finish reading the thread until after it was closed.

Obviously, that gets everyone's dander up, and he was the most confrontational rudest person with his answers.

As far as your remark "say whatever you want no matter who's feelings you trample to make your point" I think he was just as guilty as anyone else. He didn't like the answers he was getting on a pro spay/neuter board so he got argumentative and rude imo.

babymomma
October 22nd, 2008, 06:37 PM
* Nodding head* Agree with rainbow, 100%

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 06:42 PM
Once again, I am sorry you can not find any useful information here. We have tried to present our side. We can't seem to make you happy sir. I don't believe anyone has said "he started it".
We are not the scientific community you seem to crave. We are a normal bunch of people who do what we can to make life better for the few animals we can help. We have tried to help you by using search engines to find the most readily available information we can find. We can't do any more.
Perhaps our good Dr Lee can step in and help out by PMing you? He is a registered vet practicing in the US. Would that help you at all? :shrug:

Well said 14+kitties. :thumbs up

rainbow
October 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Sigh...reputable journals have very limited internet access.

Just wondering if you bothered to read the AVMA article (two PDF files) that I included in my post#39?

LavenderRott
October 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57597

Actually, I did read the beginning until post #6 where the OP didn't like the answers he was getting from a pro spay/neuter board and started replying with rude answers. I did not return to finish reading the thread until after it was closed.

Obviously, that gets everyone's dander up, and he was the most confrontational rudest person with his answers.

As far as your remark "say whatever you want no matter who's feelings you trample to make your point" I think he was just as guilty as anyone else. He didn't like the answers he was getting on a pro spay/neuter board so he got argumentative and rude imo.

Read the link you provided again. He posted that he never said anything about getting his cat spayed and that he bred his cat that he had had from a kitten. Then he was attacked and lambasted and felt the need to defend himself. Sorry, but his post WAS NOT the first rude post and I certainly can't blame him for defending himself.

For all we know, his cat is a Grand Champion of a rare breed that he has taken great care to breed. Not one person asked. And he did say that he was intending to get his cat spayed. And yet, almost without exception, every single long standing member of this forum had something snide, rude and nasty to say to this man from post 8 to post 44.

And the thread referenced above is most certainly NOT the only thread that this has happened in lately. Let's just take a look at this thread...http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57682. Give it 24 hours and it will be just as nasty as the one referenced above AND this thread.

babymomma
October 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Umm. Cat is 6 and first litter. Thats bad in itself? Any responsible breeder wouldnt breed a cat at this age, especially as the first litter?..

aslan
October 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
lol, oh the fine art of editing a post after people have read it.

Shall i remind everyone the topic here is pro spay or neuter not who is mean to whom.:2cents:

kitty2008
October 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
??????? :confused: What does this have to do what being pro spay/neuter?

I guess I'm guilty of the same thing you are.

We are not the scientific community you seem to crave.

I'm not looking for a debate. I do not need your side to be presented as I do not disagree with your side. I also do not need to be told to volunteer at a pet shelter. If you cannot help me...you need not reply.

We are a normal bunch of people who do what we can to make life better for the few animals we can help. We have tried to help you by using search engines to find the most readily available information we can find. We can't do any more.

Well, then please don't plug up the forum by trying to "present [your] side:.

If all the responses by you and your friends haven't already turned him away from this thread.

Carnac
October 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
This thread has run its course and will now be closed.

marko
October 23rd, 2008, 08:11 AM
I'd like to add as I always do that rudeness and unfriendliness only chases people away. Some people are on the fence about these things and when we keep our posts and tone civil people may listen. They will never listen if we 'yell' or are rude. They will only block their ears or yell back.,,,,