Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bitten in the foot

t.pettet
October 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM
A large young mix breed (maybe 8 mos.) who was playing at the park mistook my foot for the socceer ball that I had kicked his way. He was completely alone except for the ball, no collar - nothing. He was delighted to have some company but I think he needs glasses as he chomped on my foot in his frenzy to over-take the ball so now am on crutches for a while as foot is swollen and bruised. Hobbled home and went for an x-ray, thankfully nothing broken but now can't drive or walk my beasties, crap! The pup followed me home but I couldn't herd him into the house and last saw him headed down to the river. Put some food out and hope he'll be back so I can find his owners and have a little talk with them. Keep thinking of all the dogs missing and heres this guy just dying for some companionship and a loving, responsible home.

otter
October 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry, what a horrible experience for you. And that poor pup, so desperate for Love :sad:

I hope your foot heals quick :goodvibes: - your pups need you. I hope you find those owners too :frustrated: (just remember not to kick them with your sore foot :laughing:)

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I hope he finds his way home. :fingerscr

And I hope your foot recovers quickly! Glad nothing was broken! :goodvibes:

Frenchy
October 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
That is double crap t.pettet :sad: I hope you recover soon ! :fingerscr and that doggy finds his way home , I mean to a good home.

14+kitties
October 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM
:loser: owners letting a pup out by itself. Let's hope he found his way back to where he should be.
Ouch for your foot!!

onster
October 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
ouch :eek:

:grouphug:

hope it heals fast and that the pup finds his home

BusterBoo
October 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Ouch! Hope your foot heals quickly......when he bit you, did he break the skin? Sure hope he is UTD with all his shots!!! :grouphug:

t.pettet
October 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
No skin wasn't broken but foot did feel crushed. Hosp. asked what happened and I just said my own pup did the damage otherwise there would be a huge hunt on to determine if it had rabies being that it would be deemed a stray. He didn't come back and food wasn't touched so I can only hope he went back home or some kind person picked him up and he'll have a positive future.

jealma
October 12th, 2008, 09:53 PM
t.pettie,, that was so kind of you. Your so right. Chances are this pup bit you totally by accident in his over excitement to play and the authorities would be on a dog hunt and treat him as dangerous. I do hope the pet owners walk by someday with dog in hand and you can talk to them.. I do hope your foot heals quickly , it's a shame that someone so nice as you got hurt.

Frenchy
October 12th, 2008, 11:10 PM
How is your foot today t.pettet ?

rainbow
October 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I just read this thread now....I hope your foot is feeling much better. :fingerscr

t.pettet
October 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Am so frustrated being laid-up like this as are my dogs - no walkies for awhile and they're scared of the crutches. Its swollen and black and blue and sore but ice seems to help. I was hoping to go to Montreal to look at some poms from the 2nd. raid, unfortunately will have to cancel. That pup was so excited to have someone to play with that he just got wound-up and I know didn't mean to be so rough - just puppy exhuberance. I think he's rotti-shepherd and what a smile he had. Some friends went to the park to see if he was hanging around but no such luck.

Frenchy
October 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I was hoping to go to Montreal to look at some poms from the 2nd. raid, unfortunately will have to cancel.

oh no :sad: maybe you'll be better by then ? :fingerscr