Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A little experiment.

ancientgirl
October 11th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I just got back from running some errands. I'd come inside and then opened the screen to get to the kitchen. I left the screen a little open and Czari was standing inside of it, in the area of the door. I decided to try something.

I opened the front door, just a little, not enough for her to get through. I looked at her and saw she was curious, then opened it a tiny bit more, still not enough for her to get through if she tried. As soon as she heard something coming from outside, she turned to go back inside. She was blocked by the screen, then found the opening and ran into the living room.:D

One day when she's more comfortable, I'll put the harness on her and hold the leash and see what she does with the door open more. But I think this was good. She apparently didn't want to go outside!http://img99.exs.cx/img99/8577/yupi3ti.gifhttp://img99.exs.cx/img99/8577/yupi3ti.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/012.jpg

babymomma
October 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
:thumbs upThats great!!!!

14+kitties
October 11th, 2008, 11:59 AM
That is wonderful!!! :highfive: Just don't relax about that though. She could change her mind quickly! I know one day my guys don't show any interest, next day they do.

Great work!!!!!!

ancientgirl
October 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Oh no, I always keep that screen up, no matter what. The only ones who try to check out what's beyond the door is Vlad and Oksana, but they are very good about coming inside when I call them or they'll run inside when they hear a particularly loud car. I'd never completely trust Czari would not just run away.

14+kitties
October 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
She looks very comfy and settled in in that pic! Love it!!! :cloud9:

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 02:21 PM
That's great news. :highfive:

She looks very comfy and settled in in that pic! Love it!!! :cloud9:

I agree....and very beautiful as well. :cloud9:

otter
October 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Life looks pretty good for her now :cloud9:

I wouldn't test it out but I bet if she got out that she would come back - steady food, warm bed, LOVE :lovestruck: she'd be back :thumbs up In the mean time you'd probably have a heart attack though :eek:

Czarina is such a beauty. I'm sooooooooo happy things are working out for her (and for you) :lovestruck::lovestruck:

ancientgirl
October 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
If I do test her in the future, I'll for sure put a harness on her and hold that leash really tightly.

And yes, I'd likely have a an anxiety attack or something. It would not be good. Right now she's in that little cubby hole. I'm glad because like children, they start to ignore toys after a while, and they really don't use that kitty tree too much. So seeing her, well any of them use it, makes me happy.

chico2
October 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Aww AG,she does not want to go out into the evil world anymore,she is perfectly happy where she is:lovestruck:
My cats do not rush the doors either,they know when they can come out with us.
That's when they get their collars on.
If any one of us leave to go inside to get a coffee or something(beer:laughing:)they get all worried.sit and look into the patio-door for us.

ancientgirl
October 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM
You know, I have collars on them just in case they get past the door. But I take the collar off of them for a few days sometimes. I know having them inside all the time, they don't need a collar, but I feel liek it's safer for them to have one on, just in case. If I had a bigger place, and could make it so getting into the door would totally block them from getting out, so I'd not put any collar on them.

I took her in to get her nails cut and she's gained almost 2 pounds since I first took her in. You can really tell, she's got a lazy kitty belly. :D

chico2
October 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Aww she's got a little belly,so cute:lovestruck:and a very lucky girl,I would say.
She certainly found her guardian angel:thumbs up

krdahmer
October 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
You know, I have collars on them just in case they get past the door. But I take the collar off of them for a few days sometimes. I know having them inside all the time, they don't need a collar, but I feel liek it's safer for them to have one on, just in case. If I had a bigger place, and could make it so getting into the door would totally block them from getting out, so I'd not put any collar on them.

I took her in to get her nails cut and she's gained almost 2 pounds since I first took her in. You can really tell, she's got a lazy kitty belly. :D

My guys wear their collars all the time, you never know what might happen, an open door, a broken window when you're not home.... fire, wind, etc. I just feel safer if they wear them all the time, plus if I take them off they get used to not wearing them and kick them off when I do put them on (those breakaway ones come open pretty quick after a few kicks). And for Buddy and Palomine, they head for the door every chance they get, and although at first if you hang back they look disinterested but give it a minute or two and they don't think I'm watching and they are suddenly very interested in getting out. :shrug:

Her belly is cute! It's a happy-ah-I'm-safe-now belly! A well deserved one! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
October 11th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Krd, yeah I feel the same way. But if I know I'm going to be home all weekend, I'll take their collars off for a couple of days. I don't leave them off for too long because I don't want them to get used to not having one.

LOL, I have to cut back on my girls treats. She's got a small frame, I can't let her get too heavy.

Chico, like all of us who have pets, I feel I'm the lucky one.

onster
October 11th, 2008, 11:35 PM
awww..glad to hear how much she's come to love indoors.