Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Confused kitties in heat

In KirklandLake
October 11th, 2008, 05:53 AM
We have 5 indoor cats. The 2 males are fixed, while the 3 females are not.

What I don't get is this. When one of the females go into heat, one or both of the "females" mount her! :eek:

Does anyone know why this is? I don't need a cure, as no fur flies and it tends to subdue the female in heat. Just curious about it though.

Thanks

Shelly

kathryn
October 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM
It's just nature... hormones are going crazy. Any chance you can get them fixed? I'd be worried about them getting out the door. I have 2 male foster kittens that are 5 months and I need to get them neutered. They are brothers and they mount each other. Cats don't care... well animals in general don't care.

Frenchy
October 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
It would be a good idea to get the females spayed.

In KirklandLake
October 11th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately we just can't afford to get our 2 two girls and mom fixed. We did what we could afford to do and got the dad fixed.

We have double doors and a porch, so there is no chance of them getting out. When we lived in Niagara, our cats were allowed to roam freely outside, as we lived in a gated area. Here in Kirkland Lake, I managed to make them completely indoor, unless on a leash. The oldest 3 prefer to stay indoors 24/7.

I wrote in great detail about our lives, if you want to follow the link on here http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57358

I'm not trying to be rude, I just didn't want to post our circumstances in a second thread.

Also how does one add a signature line? Thanks

Shelly

sugarcatmom
October 11th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Also how does one add a signature line?

Hi Shelly, welcome to pets.ca!

To add a signature, click where it says "User CP" on the left side of the blue bar above. Then under Settings & Options on the left, click on Edit Signature. Viola!

In KirklandLake
October 12th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Perhaps because I am new, that is not one of my options.

Thanks for trying to help though.

This is all I have:

Settings & Options
Edit Avatar
Edit Email & Password
Edit Options
Edit Ignore List

Shelly

14+kitties
October 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Maybe it's been changed to try to keep spammers out.