Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Zoe's boyfriend......

dogcatharmony
October 10th, 2008, 06:43 PM
.....he just loves her so much he would even help her hunt squirrels. I missed the full nose to nose kiss and the chest bump.....but this is what i did catch...

And that is Barney, the neighbourhood tomcat (can you still call a fixed kitty a tom??) The ol' boy is 18 years old, and still runs when his old bones allow him, to give Zoe kisses everytime he sees her. He sometimes on a sunny day will follow us down the street and walk awhile with his girlfriend. Then he kisses her goodbye and goes back to his warm patch in the sun. I think Zoe wishes he would come home with us, he is so much more into her than the kitties she lives with.

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Awww, how sweet. Barney is such a handsome guy.

Frenchy
October 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
ahhh too cute ! Maybe he could teach the other kitties to be nice to Zoe :D

erykah1310
October 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Thats sweet

kathryn
October 10th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Awww what a cute kitty. Nice he's a fixed tom cat! :thumbs up Love to hear that!

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Awwww...they make such a lovely couple! :cloud9:

dogcatharmony
October 10th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks everyone.

I just wanted to get a good pic of Barney and her together....apparently I need to bring my camera on our walks a bit more and hope for a few more sunny days.

Funny thing is he is suppost to be the big bad tomcat, and we even have people on the street stop and watch, waiting for the "fight". All they see is a kiss........mind you Zoe was a bit rude tonight, she had squirrels on the brain (3 of them harvesting the acorns in the big oak tree) and she didn't pay poor Barney that much attention. Usually she lays down and gets to his level and snuggles with him.

I hope he winters well, his owner's keep him inside all winter only allowed out in the warmer months now, and we see him in the spring ready to go again.

14+kitties
October 10th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Awww, what a sweetie! Such a regal looking old chap.
That's adorable that he treats Zoe so well! And Zoe he! :cloud9:

krdahmer
October 10th, 2008, 11:42 PM
:goodvibes: and :pray: for a few more years of summering with her 'older' man! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
October 11th, 2008, 12:38 AM
So cute together :lovestruck:

Has your new neighbour seen these :lovestruck: encounters yet? perhaps this might open her eyes abit more on how sweet Zoe is ;)

:goodvibes: for many more warm summers for Barney & Zoe to cuddle :cloud9:

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Barney is one handsome old boy. :lovestruck:

I love seeing dogs and cats getting along so well. :cloud9:

Does Zoey get along with your cats like that as well? :)