Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi new to this forum

flipgirl4
October 10th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi, I'm flipgirl4 and I'm a newbie to this forum. I have a Shih-tzu x Bichon named Kiri, a budgie named Buddha and a cat named Schweppie. I stumbled across this forum as a result of a google search and was interested in the topics. I'm always looking for ways to discuss dog stuff - I'm a first time dog owner as of March 2007 and I've become obsessed with giving her the best care I can. If I ever win the lottery, I will buy a house with a big yard and have a bunch of dogs. Anyway, I'm looking forward to browsing and discussing....:ca:

aslan
October 10th, 2008, 08:57 AM
welcome to the forum flipgirl and just so you know some of the crazier members are gonna bug you for pictures of your fur and feathered babies. Soooo you got some now. now bout now.:D

AmericanBullMom
October 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Aslan is right.... We MUST have pics of the furbabies...

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
The feathered baby, too! :D Pictures of all your sweeties!

Welcome to the board, flipgirl4!

Tundra_Queen
October 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum!

flipgirl4
October 11th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome! Hmmm pictures, I'll have to figure out how to do that....And I'll have to take a pic of Buddha, I do have a pic of him but it's on my old old camera (that uses film, can you imagine?). I have pics of Schweppie the cat - his name evolved from 'Sweet Pea' but for some reason, I have a tendency to add the 'sh' sound when I love a pet so now it's Schweppie (pronounced 'Sh-w-ee-p-ee"). Strange I know...Kiri means 'mountain' in Cambodian; I thought it meant 'mighty' which I thought would be cute for a little white fluffball but mountain is quite adequate. I chose a Cambodian name because my dad was Cambodian and passed away 6 years ago. She embodies the way he lived so it is quite fitting. Living every day to the fullest, enjoying the simplest things in life, and never giving up. Buddha the budgie is actually my second bird but Bubbles, the original female passed because Buddha didn't let her eat. I did have a third bird, Princess, but Kiri got a hold of her and scared her to death. Ok, I'll get those pics up asap. I'm thinking of getting a chameleon next. Or another dog.