Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Will these people never learn??!

onster
October 9th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ok so you guys may all remember my adventure with Sasha :lovestruck:

I found her right before I travelled (July 1) just running down the street. Thankfully she had a tag and collar on so I wouldve found her home eventually (was holiday or something when I found her) but she ended up walking me to her house :thumbs up

Well when I did take her home it wasnt actually her owners but rather her neighbours that recognized her and, although a bit apprehensive, I gave her to them cuz clearly she recognized the house next to it (her house). Her neighbours said "oh ya thats Sasha she always escapes" :wall:

Then a while ago I thought I found Sasha again near my yard but it was another neighbours doggy that looked v similar.

Today, for an unrelated reason, I was looking on kiijii for lost dog ads (more on this later) and look what I found http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-Black-and-white-Bourder-colley-W0QQAdIdZ69016136

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-found-lost-dog-W0QQAdIdZ68879215

Im almost 100% sure this is Sasha. This is literally 3 minutes away from my house. Giving her away for a freaking dollar. I dunno whatever happened with htat because the poster didn't update. I almost want to email now (2 months later) to tell them Im pretty sure I know the dog. Maybe this time she didnt have a collar?? I dunno at the same time though if they didnt find her home and maybe now she was rehomed???

:shrug:

All very frustrating. I was seriously thinking of knocking on their door and asking them if they wouldnt mind I would walk/play with Sasha every day (tho they have no idea who I am, they might think im insane or get offended) because clearly she is a dog that is bored out of her mind and maybe thats why she escapes. I never ever see her being walked and she staaaank which makes me think she spends most of her time outdoors. Yet...so well trained :confused:

Honestly if they dont want her Ill take her!!!!!! That much of a sweetie.

The reason I was looking on the site was cuz yesterday when I left the library on campus for a class, tied to the bike rack with a piece of crappy thin rope was this black and white dog that kinda looked like Nova, with the saddest eyes Ive ever seen. It was raining and the doggie was drenched, none of the other students seemed to notice or care just making their way in and out of the library. He/she didnt make any noise just sat there watching ppl go by with such saaaad eyes. At first I didnt realize s/he was tied up but then I saw the dirty thin rope and it was attached to one of those metal clip things you use to attach things to your bag (say a water bottle). So I dunno..either it was a stray dog someone found and then went into the library?? Or an abandoned dog??? (we never see dogs on campus) Or..a poor persons dog??? (im not discriminating). I stood there in the rain for 5 minutes but I had to go thinking if shes tied up her owner/person who found her or something may be in the library, what can i do?? ...of course the whole class I was thinking about her, didnt hear a word the prof was saying. I went back after in between my other class but she was gone. I was looking on Kijiji to see if there was a lost dog description likes hers or something.....:sad:

Frenchy
October 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Honestly if they dont want her Ill take her!!!!!! That much of a sweetie.
you would ? :thumbs up
He/she didnt make any noise just sat there watching ppl go by with such saaaad eyes.

It always amazes me how can people turn the other way :frustrated: this lady was having troubles outside of the grocery store the other day , looked like she was about to puke and pass out , I'm the only one who stopped and asked her if she was alright. :confused:

Maybe you could e-mail the add to ask questions to find out if it's the same dog ?

:grouphug:

krdahmer
October 9th, 2008, 09:54 PM
:sad: That's really sad that no one else stopped in both situations... it's just common decency... something I think the world is severely lacking right now! All I can say is that I hope whoevers dog that was they were either reunited or the dog found a nice new forever home! :pray:

ancientgirl
October 10th, 2008, 08:46 AM
This utter disconnect our society is turning to is disturbing. No one wants to take the time to do the right and decent thing anymore. :sad:

Chris21711
October 10th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Go with your gut instinct Onster if you think it could be her, no harm done going to the house to scope it out, maybe they do want to rehome her. What would MUM say about you getting a dog? :dog:

rainbow
October 10th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I agree with Chris :thumbs up .......and good luck, Onster. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
October 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I agree A-G,this"none of my business"society today is really sad.:sad:
I am a busy-body:DI would never leave an animal or human be,who needs help,much to hubbys frustration,but he usually relents and will do anything to help too.

onster
October 11th, 2008, 10:36 PM
K so I emailed and he said he found the dog a home 5 weeks ago...guess the owners never claimed her :sad: