Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Today of all days I get this email - my blood is boiling

Kai'smom
October 9th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Guys

Please could you send this to anyone you know that might be interested. these magnificent animals need a new home....

Please help where you can

Here are 4 beautiful Siberian Huskies up for adoption. They all need to be homed together though!!
Starting from the left:

West Kain Hayley Mishka
Grey and white Black and white Blond Grey and white
Brown eyes Brown eyes Blue eyes Brown eyes
Male Male Female Female
2.5 years 3.5 years 1.5 years 3.5 years
Pack leader

All dogs are in excellent health, micro-chipped, sterilized, well behaved, good with children but not cats.
The owners are moving over seas and cant take the dogs with. They have offered to transport the dogs anywhere is SA if need be.

Kai'smom
October 9th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Whats the chances these animals will be homed together - what planet do these people live on? I know loads of people who have moved overseas and taken their dogs with them.

Love4himies
October 9th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, I know somebody that moved to New Zealand and took their dog with them.

It will much too difficult to rehome all four together. Maybe in pairs if they are lucky.

Where is SA???

bendyfoot
October 9th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Where are they located?

aslan
October 9th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Love4 south africe= SA. Kai's mom, unless this came from someone you know it could possibly be a hoax too, happens over here all the time. some day, maybe in a few months, or maybe a year or two. Kai is going to put a doggie in your path that really needs your love and who's love you really need.

Love4himies
October 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Love4 south africe= SA. Kai's mom, unless this came from someone you know it could possibly be a hoax too, happens over here all the time. some day, maybe in a few months, or maybe a year or two. Kai is going to put a doggie in your path that really needs your love and who's love you really need.

Thanks Aslan, I was wondering because my co worker has huskeys and sleds them, she has a lot of connections for rehoming huskeys.

Frenchy
October 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Whats the chances these animals will be homed together - what planet do these people live on? I know loads of people who have moved overseas and taken their dogs with them.

Holy crap it's hard enough to place 2 dogs together .... now 4 ? :eek:

clm
October 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
They're certainly beautiful dogs. Placing 4 together in SouthAfrica.....gotta be close to impossible. At least here you might have a chance if they were sled dogs.
Why did they send you the e:mail Kai's mom? Like others have said before, if it's not someone you know I'd be wary. If it is someone you know, are they hoping you'll foster them if they don't get a home before they move?

Cindy

joeysmama
October 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I hope I don't sound completely ignorant here but shouldn't huskies be in a cooler climate? They are looking to rehome 4 huskies together in South Africa ???

Kai'smom
October 10th, 2008, 03:24 AM
hi guys - sorry the time difference between Cape Town and Canada is hectic so im never on line when you guys are.
Huskys are really popular dogs here. They have acclimatised really well. However!!!! You have to know and understand their needs. The need loads of shade, walked early morning and after 6pm, loads of shade and most people have pools so they lay on the steps in the pool if we get very hot days. Cape Town has an average climate of about 24 degrees. We have several dog sledding clubs and we have lots of forest and bush. They love to sled the sand dunes! Africas answer to snow! I also had a hosepipe that i made tiny holes in and hung it from two diagonal trees and turned the tap on, so it was like rain for him, if we ever had hum dinger days, but mostly he lay on the cool tiles in the house. Some huskies arent so lucky.
This email was sent to a non profit org -African Tails who rehome pups from the townships and squatter camps. This mail was sent to them and Yael who runs the group knew i had a husky so she forwarded it on. Shame she wasnt to know that Kai had gone.