Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The best lap warmer :)

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Even better than a pile of blankets.......:cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9:

krdahmer
October 8th, 2008, 05:54 PM
And she purrs for a massage effect too I bet!

Ms. Duffy you are one pretty kitty... that mommy of yours is pretty lucky and she knows it! ;) :lovestruck::cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
She does :cloud9:

Oh yeah I know I'm the luckiest gal around! :lovestruck::cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I had to get up for a few minutes so here's what she's doing now :cloud9:

Diamondsmum
October 8th, 2008, 07:07 PM
awwwwwwww Growler

I wouldnt wanna move either with her on my lap! lol

What a cutie!

Chaser
October 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM
:cloud9:

I'm now on a mission to rescue two tortie littermates once we move in a few months, and it's all Duffy and Czarina's fault! :p :laughing: So flippin' cute....:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
October 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM
:cloud9:

I'm now on a mission to rescue two tortie littermates once we move in a few months, and it's all Duffy and Czarina's fault! :p :laughing: So flippin' cute....:lovestruck:

Growler, our evil plan is working!

I have to say, I'd never heard of torties until I came here and saw pictures of Duffy and Asker. Then I saw Czarina. They are such beautiful cats.

I mean come on, look at that face in those first pictures!:lovestruck:

Frenchy
October 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I have to say, I'd never heard of torties

My next cat will be one :cloud9:

And Duffy would be better off here , I would never move if she was asleep on my legs :D

BrightEyes
October 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
What a snuggly dollbaby she looks to be....all comfy cozy there. :cloud9:

Chaser
October 8th, 2008, 08:29 PM

I have to say, I'd never heard of torties until I came here and saw pictures of Duffy and Asker. Then I saw Czarina. They are such beautiful cats.

Agreed!!! I'm obsessed now :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Duffy thanks you all for the compliments :D

:thumbs up

:highfive: it's working total Tortie domination

Unfortuanately alot of people don't like the look of Torties & Calicos, they're all purrty to me :cloud9:

And Duffy would be better off here , I would never move if she was asleep on my legs

Torties are wonderful :lovestruck: some with more 'tude than others

I had to move though I really really needed to pee :o not that she minded too much, she then had the blanket over her :D & didn't wake up til I got back from the store

Chaser
October 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Unfortuanately alot of people don't like the look of Torties & Calicos, they're all purrty to me :cloud9:

They're crazy then! I've always thought calicos were the prettiest cats ever - and now that I've discovered torties I'm smitten with them too :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 11:04 PM
There is nothing more relaxing than having a cat purring warmly in your lap. :cloud9:

And it's all the better when it's a purrdy cat like Ms Duffy!

Are you serious that a lot of people don't like the looks of calicos or Torties? :eek: But but but...they're so beeeyoooootiful! How could someone not like that look? :confused:

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Duffy is as regal as always. Even snoozing.
Personally, I have yet to find a cat I don't like the looks of. They are all special in their own unique way. :cloud9:

otter
October 8th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Agreed!!! I'm obsessed now :cloud9:

I want one toooooooo! :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck: One Duffy, One Peanut, One Czarina, One..... (I can't remember all the ones I want :frustrated:)

My kitties make good lap warmers too :lovestruck: - but in never fails as soon as one of them gets comfy (and the puurrer and heater running) the phone rings or someone comes to the door or I have to get up for some other silly reason :frustrated:. I've actually not answered the phone cause I had a cat on my lap :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Are you serious that a lot of people don't like the looks of calicos or Torties? :eek: But but but...they're so beeeyoooootiful! How could someone not like that look? :confused:

:shrug: people are weird

Duffy is as regal as always. Even snoozing.
Personally, I have yet to find a cat I don't like the looks of. They are all special in their own unique way. :cloud9:

They are all purrty :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 11:31 PM
What a snuggly dollbaby she looks to be....all comfy cozy there. :cloud9:

Duffy does comfy all the time :laughing:

I want one toooooooo! :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

:laughing: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 11:48 PM
:shrug: people are weird

Ah, yes...that's madame hazel's philosophy, y'know. Ask her a question about almost anything, and she'll tell ya, "People are weird." So I shoulda known that answer! :laugh:

krdahmer
October 9th, 2008, 12:13 AM

Yep have to agree with you there! As you can see by all the colours here... although I am partial to tabby's, torties and tuxedos (but that's only because I haven't yet had a calico, or solid coloured cat yet!!! hehe yet! ;) )

There is nothing more relaxing than having a cat purring warmly in your lap. :cloud9:

And it's all the better when it's a purrdy cat like Ms Duffy!

You said it Hazel... nothing better than something warm and fuzzy and lovable on your lap! And my parents thought their Cordelia was weird looking when I first brought her home.... and now they know she's just the prettiest thing on the planet! :D

Smiley14
October 9th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Ohhh, she is so pretty!!! And so cuddly!!! :lovestruck:

rainbow
October 9th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Awwww....I just want to snuggle right in there with purrty Ms Duffy. :cloud9:

My cats rarely climb on my lap :sad: ....the only time they cuddle is when I go to bed. :o

growler~GateKeeper
October 9th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Ohhh, she is so pretty!!! And so cuddly!!! :lovestruck:

Thanks Smiley :D

Awwww....I just want to snuggle right in there with purrty Ms Duffy. :cloud9:

My cats rarely climb on my lap :sad: ....the only time they cuddle is when I go to bed. :o

Try a super soft warm fleece blanket :cloud9:

rainbow
October 9th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Try a super soft warm fleece blanket :cloud9:

I have wrapped myself in an afghan sitting in the chair watching tv and they don't come on my lap but as soon as I lay down on the couch they cuddle right up close. :shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
October 9th, 2008, 03:44 AM
:laughing: I guess they figure if you're lying down you are less likely to get up & by doing so disturb them :cat:

rainbow
October 9th, 2008, 04:10 AM
LOL.....never thought of that. :o

And, you're probably right since I have to get up and down so much with the dogs. :rolleyes:

Love4himies
October 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Not only is she the best lap warmer, she is the purtiest one too :lovestruck: :cloud9:.

chico2
October 9th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Aww Duffy,she's soo sweet:lovestruck:great pics!
But it's true,some people don't seem to like Torties or brown Tabbies,IMO they probably don't like cats for the right reasons.
A cat is a cat,no matter what colour:cat:
Duffy is a beautiful example:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
October 9th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Chico, that is very true. Except for two of my cats, they are all so different and I love them each because they each have something I love. I wish I could have one of each color, breed and temperament! I love them all.

jiorji
October 10th, 2008, 09:58 PM
AWWW!!! Duffy!!:cloud9:

I like her curled up in her blanky. Twiggy did that too the other day :D it's too cold out now. Kitties need their blankies :lovestruck:

dogcatharmony
October 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
She is just adorable. And curled up in the blanket....just too cute.

Mine always end up finding the most comfortable for them, most uncomfortable for me, spot to curl up. Maybe they just go for the most uncomfortable for me aspect.....:shrug: Like laying on your leg but putting all their body weight plus some other catcosmic force on one of their toes that is pressing up against the main artery that pumps blood to your feet........and you don't dare move because kitty is giving you that comfy look......meanwhile your feet are turning blue and the cat knows it and is secretly grinning inside.:rolleyes:

Gotta love' em anyways!!

growler~GateKeeper
October 11th, 2008, 01:09 AM
AWWW!!! Duffy!!:cloud9:

I like her curled up in her blanky. Twiggy did that too the other day :D it's too cold out now. Kitties need their blankies :lovestruck:

Awwww :lovestruck: do we get Twiggy blankie pics???

Duffy looooves blankies :cloud9: curled up on my feet right now :cloud9: she's a great foot warmer too :D

She is just adorable. And curled up in the blanket....just too cute.

Mine always end up finding the most comfortable for them, most uncomfortable for me, spot to curl up. Maybe they just go for the most uncomfortable for me aspect.....:shrug: Like laying on your leg but putting all their body weight plus some other catcosmic force on one of their toes that is pressing up against the main artery that pumps blood to your feet........and you don't dare move because kitty is giving you that comfy look......meanwhile your feet are turning blue and the cat knows it and is secretly grinning inside.:rolleyes:

Gotta love' em anyways!!

I know :laughing: or jumps up on you & settles on your full bladder and you just can't make them move cuz it's the first time all day they've come to visit :rolleyes::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 11th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Same spot, different blanket, different position & a head rush? :laughing:

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Awwww....purrty Duffy is just the most cuddliest kitty. :cloud9: