Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitties and Lemon Balm

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I harvested some of my lemon balm the other day. From some reason you would think it was cat nip, not lemon balm. (Makes great tea btw)
Circling around..yummy
At the back of the table Teegan is licking his lips. He had just grabbed a stem and bit into it. I think he liked it.
Dayle decided to go explore it closer after I hung it to dry.

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 11:18 AM
#1 TT is trying to figure out how his sister got up that high and if he could join her. He didn't.
More of Tinka. She is such a sweetie! :cloud9: What, more pics?
Hi Mom!

Love4himies
October 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Isn't anything put on the table fair game to eat? :laughing:

krdahmer
October 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
:eek: I take it it smells and tastes nothing like lemon then... :laughing:

Hey I was just thinking, would you be interested in getting collars for all your guys? And tags? For the indoor & the catuary gang too? I found a few collars sitting around here (that I just change for colour, nothing wrong with them) and I'm sure others do the same too and have spares sitting around.... I think it would be great so that if they were to get out someone would easily recognize that they are yours (say all the tags are one colour and same shape)! Just wondering cause I'd love to help out with a project like that... I know a place online to get tags for $5, shipping and engraving included.

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 11:35 AM
:eek: I take it it smells and tastes nothing like lemon then... :laughing:

Hey I was just thinking, would you be interested in getting collars for all your guys? And tags? For the indoor & the catuary gang too? I found a few collars sitting around here (that I just change for colour, nothing wrong with them) and I'm sure others do the same too and have spares sitting around.... I think it would be great so that if they were to get out someone would easily recognize that they are yours (say all the tags are one colour and same shape)! Just wondering cause I'd love to help out with a project like that... I know a place online to get tags for $5, shipping and engraving included.

Actually, it does taste like lemon kr. Just not bitter. It's really good tea. Next time you are here I will make you a cup.

That is so sweet of you to offer that!! :grouphug: I keep the collars off the ones in the catuary though. I don't like the thought of one getting caught up in something and the collar not releasing. I have seen it happen. Thank Gawd I was there to get the cat. With the trees and climbing onto the roof I just don't want to take the chance. But thank you so much for thinking of it! :grouphug:

krdahmer
October 8th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ok... I can understand that,you can't watch the catuary cats all the time and some of the cheaper 'release' collars don't release I've seen it here too, so there is one brand from petsmart that I get because they always let go (a little too easily in Fagan's case :frustrated: but at least I know they work!)

I'll bring you my other ones next time I'm in Grimsby... and I still have that huge bag o toys for the kitties too!

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
:laughing: Love the pic of TT looking up @ Dale :lovestruck: so cute

:eek: you might wanna look into securing those plate a little extra - I can just see crash!

Tinka :cloud9: cutie :D Are Tinka & Bandit integrated in w/Dale, Teegan, TT & Mittens now?

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
:laughing: Love the pic of TT looking up @ Dale :lovestruck: so cute

:eek: you might wanna look into securing those plate a little extra - I can just see crash!

Tinka :cloud9: cutie :D Are Tinka & Bandit integrated in w/Dale, Teegan, TT & Mittens now?

Yep, thinking about taking the plates down. They haven't hit them yet but..

Tinka and Bandit are in the house with Mylee, Mittens, TT, Teegan, Dayle and Jade. Up to 8 again. :rolleyes: Hubby isn't happy.

ancientgirl
October 8th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I LOVE Dale's markings. :cloud9:

Lemon balm? I thought cats didn't like citrusy stuff?

BrightEyes
October 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
"Hey look guys, mom's brought bushes in the house for us!" :party::party:
hehe

Ok, I've gotta know... so how DID Dale get up there :confused:

Chaser
October 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM
They're all so cute!!! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM

very carefully

:p :laugh:

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
"Hey look guys, mom's brought bushes in the house for us!" :party::party:
hehe

:laughing::laughing: At the other end of that area is a wardrobe. She get up on it from the window ledge and then climbs on top of the valance and balances herself. It doesn't have a top on it. Just the sides. The other day there were three of them up there! :eek:

TulipRoxy
October 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I harvested some of my lemon balm the other day. From the reason you would think it was cat nip, not lemon balm. (Makes great tea btw)
Circling around..yummy
At the back of the table Teegan is licking his lips. He had just grabbed a stem and bit into it. I think he liked it.
Dale decided to go explore it closer after I hung it to dry.

Wow..the ones on the table look so similar its like seeing quadruple!!

TulipRoxy
October 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM

He looks like a marble bengal... beautiful!

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 09:42 PM
:laughing: TulipRoxy, you are fairly new. You will find all of my little ones pretty much look alike. That's because they are all related one way or another. 4 mommas, lots of babies.
Dayle (gotta remember I changed the spelling of her name :rolleyes:) is actually a classic tabby. But you are right, she has gorgeous markings. :thumbs up

meg4050
October 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Ohhh Tinka is adorable!! :cloud9:

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM

Lemon balm? I thought cats didn't like citrusy stuff?

ancient - the lemon balm is a very mild sweet tasting plant. It is so wonderful to smell. You crush a leaf between your fingers and yummy. You should see if they have some at your markets you go to and make a tea out of it. I think you would love it. I infuse it for about 5 minutes. It is supposed to be very calming. If that's the case I need to drink it all the time!! :rolleyes:
There are tons of recipes for different teas on line but for lemon balm I just use the plant.

want4rain
October 8th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Nuria, i betcha you could grow that in a box. its a LOVELY smell. considered a weed down here in our neck of the woods. im constantly mowing it down cause it spread all over the yard from one of my flower beds.

:o i just eat it off the plant... friends always wonder why i have little green patches all over... WELL i LOVE the smell of lemon balm and lemon verbena... lemon thyme... yeah... i have a problem!!

-ash

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Ohhh Tinka is adorable!! :cloud9:

She is very dainty. Lighter than the rest of the tabbies. Her chest is almost blond/white. Very pretty

Nuria, i betcha you could grow that in a box. its a LOVELY smell. considered a weed down here in our neck of the woods. im constantly mowing it down cause it spread all over the yard from one of my flower beds.

:o i just eat it off the plant... friends always wonder why i have little green patches all over... WELL i LOVE the smell of lemon balm and lemon verbena... lemon thyme... yeah... i have a problem!!

-ash

I do the same thing. Lots of different scents. If I ever find time I want my spice garden. But that's a big if!

otter
October 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Oooo, i'm a big lemon balm fan too (and so is Misery :D)

Your kitties are soooooooo beautiful. I love the expression on the one in front in the first picture - like "what the heck??... oh I guess i'll just try a bite"

Good to know that lemon balm is OK for kitties too, I wasn't sure.

I've got the lemon thyme and lemon basil to go with it too!:thumbs up

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Oooo, i'm a big lemon balm fan too (and so is Misery :D)

Your kitties are soooooooo beautiful. I love the expression on the one in front in the first picture - like "what the heck??... oh I guess i'll just try a bite"

That's Tiny Tim

Good to know that lemon balm is OK for kitties too, I wasn't sure.

I've got the lemon thyme and lemon basil to go with it too!:thumbs up

Yep, safe for kitties. :thumbs up

http://www.catscans.com/plants.htm

otter
October 8th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Tiny Tim :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Thanks for the list of plants 14+ :thumbs up... I had things all wrong, I had my good and bad plants mixed up (I though spider plant was bad and Ivy was OK but thats mixed up). I'm gonna print that list out and show Misery :D:D so she knows what's OK to munch on :laughing:

Smiley14
October 9th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Oh, LOL, these are hilarious! They are trying so hard to get to it! :laughing:

And I have never heard of Lemon Balm before! Thanks for the info on it! It sounds really cool! I want to see if I can find the plant around here! :)

BrightEyes
October 9th, 2008, 02:14 PM
:laughing::laughing: At the other end of that area is a wardrobe. She get up on it from the window ledge and then climbs on top of the valance and balances herself. It doesn't have a top on it. Just the sides. The other day there were three of them up there! :eek:

Aha! I knew there had to be something off the pic that they used to get up there, lol. And 3 of them up there at one time? :eek: Synchronized Valance Dance.... one mis-steps and they all go flying :laughing:

chico2
October 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Oh Lemon-Balm,something else I have to plant next year for the kitties:laughing:
I love the smell of anything lemony.
The little ones are sooo adorable,TT looking up and the others chomping away:lovestruck:

14+kitties
October 9th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Oh Lemon-Balm,something else I have to plant next year for the kitties:laughing:
I love the smell of anything lemony.
The little ones are sooo adorable,TT looking up and the others chomping away:lovestruck:

When you come for your visit remind me and I will give you some seed Chico. Anyone else wants any let me know. I have lots.

Smiley - PM me your addy and I will send you some seed.

14+kitties
October 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Ok... I can understand that,you can't watch the catuary cats all the time and some of the cheaper 'release' collars don't release I've seen it here too, so there is one brand from petsmart that I get because they always let go (a little too easily in Fagan's case :frustrated: but at least I know they work!)

I'll bring you my other ones next time I'm in Grimsby... and I still have that huge bag o toys for the kitties too!

You have toys for the kitties!!! They will LOVE you!!!! :D:highfive:

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Cute pics.....I love the one of TT looking up at Dayle. :lovestruck:

14+kitties
October 11th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks Rainbow! Nice to see you back again!!:thumbs up

Frenchy
October 11th, 2008, 01:04 PM

I was wondering the same thing , she's quite the acrobat. :cloud9: