Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A day in the life of the Hazel Run Pack

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 10:50 PM
First comes breakfast. Gotta wait till the restaurant opens...

...then order the food and wait for it to be served...

"Yum!! Well worth the wait!"

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 10:57 PM
After breakfast the Pack takes a two-hour nap...

...but it's hard to rest because they know it's getting toward Autumn...cool...pretty colors...

42588 42589

...funky scents...the urge to run and play...

...and eventually, the two hours passes and they all gather at the door in anticipation.

The door opens...

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:11 PM
...and out they charge!!

First stop...the Big Yard where the local Varmints are sponsoring a Rabbit Raisin Hunt :rolleyes:

Next, it's time to show Grace how popular she is...

...although Grace isn't sure she likes having everyone bark at her. :o

And there's always time for a short conversation among friends on the Hazel Run Deck.

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:18 PM
The Sheriff never shirks his duty. While the others enjoy a friendly chat, Cole patrols the deck for Hidden Menaces.

"Aha!!! There's one!"

"Hey...aren't you guys gonna come back me up here?"

"Nah, that's okay, Sheriff. We'll let you handle that one..." :dog:

Diamondsmum
October 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
awwwwwwwwwww hazel!

I love the story!! They are all sooo pretty poor grace & the popularity LOL

They are just beauties!!

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Risking nose and limb, the Sheriff finally vanquishes the Villainous Wasp (it flew off, leaving him unscathed) and wanders off the deck and down to the garden, looking for Snake or White-footed Mouse...

"Not fussy...whatever..."

By this time, Grace is starting to get goofy.

She always does by late morning. She's high on life and just can't resist cutting a caper or two...

Brier has other ideas. :D

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Grace takes up the challenge and they're off!

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:46 PM
After a while, the Hazel Run Mama calls out the side door.

"Hey, do you sillies wanna come in and take your afternoon naps?"

"Sounds like a good idea to me, Brier!"

They climb the steps, prance through the door and head spar all the way down the hall.

Grace jumps up on her chair, turns around three times and curls up for a snooze...

42604 42605

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Brier plops down on an Orvis Nest and is asleep before his head hits the pillow.

The King and Queen arrange themselves artfully on the loveseat.

There is a place for every dog and every dog is in his or her place...

And peace returns to Hazel Run.

The End

I'll bet you thought it would never come! :laughing: :p

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
awwwwwwwwwww hazel!

I love the story!! They are all sooo pretty poor grace & the popularity LOL

They are just beauties!!

Thanks, DM. :o And it only took an hour to push through my modem! :laughing:

The trouble with this new camera....I have way too many pics to post at this speed! :p (Which is probably quite lucky for the good folk of pets.ca! :laugh:)

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/liebe/love-smiley-009.gif Love Pack Stories :lovestruck:

Macie roorooing you for breakfast?? :lovestruck:

Nice view of the trees beyond the fence :cloud9: purrty colours :cloud9:

Cute :cloud9: Coley nose pointing the wasp :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Macie was licking her nose. Ember was already salivating. Grace was growling at Cole behind me (part of her insane morning ritual :eek:). The next thing that usually happens is that Macie runs a few laps around the dining room table! Then Ember begins to bounce...all four feet off the ground, blowing saliva bubbles out of the corner of his mouth... :laughing:

Ahhhh....the restful morning routine! :laugh:

Hard to catch all that on camera in a confined space, though, so you'll have to settle for Macie licking her nose and Ember drooling. :D

And I can't believe that the Sheriff didn't get stung on the nose!! :eek: He sure did try hard enough to! :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 12:29 AM
:laugh: The Morning Routine needs to be video taped :laugh: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Lucky for Coley the waspys seem to be getting into the dopey stoopid season now & just laze around not stinging :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 12:37 AM
I've tried to videotape the morning routine, but it's always too dark and I miss more than half of it. :frustrated: Very frustrating. :o

Ya...I 'spect that's what saved Cole's nose. It was too cold for the wasp to get too aggressive... Whew! :D

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 12:42 AM
The thing I don't get is this:

Grace being insane. She's 33 pounds...34 on a 'fat' day :laughing:...and Cole is 60 pounds. Every morning, she sits in front of him while we're getting the bowls ready and stares pugnaciously in his face, growling softly. Cole may know what her point is, but us lowly Humans sure can't figure it out! :laughing:

BrightEyes
October 8th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Hazel, I love the story and the pics! The pack seems to know their routine well, which I'm sure makes things a little easier on you.... well, as easy as it can be with 8 puppers. Gracie is probably warning Cole every morning to mind his p's and q's and that she may be half his weight, but she can still give him what's for out in the yard :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 01:34 AM
The thing I don't get is this:

Grace being insane. She's 33 pounds...34 on a 'fat' day :laughing:...and Cole is 60 pounds. Every morning, she sits in front of him while we're getting the bowls ready and stares pugnaciously in his face, growling softly. Cole may know what her point is, but us lowly Humans sure can't figure it out! :laughing:

:laughing: Does she do that no matter where he is? or is it just when he's on that bed/is he always on that bed waiting for breakfast?

Cole eats before Grace right?

Maybe she's warning him away from Ridge's bowl so she can sneak in & steal it :laughing:

Spatx
October 8th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Thats one good looking group you have! And their breakfast looks better than mine. Can I come for a vacation just to be around all those gorgeous pups? I could use a vacation about now! :D

I love the stories you post of them, if you had better internet we'd probably force you to post more often, so maybe its better for you that you don't :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Gracie is probably warning Cole every morning to mind his p's and q's and that she may be half his weight, but she can still give him what's for out in the yard :laughing:

She really is full of herself, so that may be it! :laughing:

:laughing: Does she do that no matter where he is? or is it just when he's on that bed/is he always on that bed waiting for breakfast?

She's tenacious...she follows him wherever he goes. Once in a while, he'll vent a bit--grab her by the scruff and growl back...doesn't phase her one bit cuz she's pretty sure he wouldn't hurt her. He is the Sheriff after all. :D

Cole eats before Grace right?

They eat in separate rooms but pretty much at the same time if both Humans are around.

Maybe she's warning him away from Ridge's bowl so she can sneak in & steal it :laughing:

Now that's a thought! :laughing: Could very well be!

Thats one good looking group you have! And their breakfast looks better than mine. Can I come for a vacation just to be around all those gorgeous pups? I could use a vacation about now! :D

Anytime! We have three fenced yards for the puppers and they love company! :D Maybe you'd have better luck filming the morning routine than hazel has! :laughing:

We're glad you all enjoyed the story. The Pack was worried that the plot was a little thin. :dog:

Spatx
October 8th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Now the only problem is how do I get there? :D I better start hiking there soon if I want to make it before 2009 :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I'll send Lil Belle for you in the bus...

:laughing:

It's okay! She's licensed! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 02:24 AM
:laughing:

Spatx
October 8th, 2008, 02:28 AM
:laughing::laughing: Just what I needed before finally heading to bed :D

aslan
October 8th, 2008, 05:49 AM
yaaaay another great pack story....i don't think the smaller dogs realize they are smaller, bailey kicks butt in our house. Since lil belle is coming to get spatx can she pick me up too we live around each other.:D

happycats
October 8th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Awwww what beautiful pics!! :cloud9:

I think Grace just wants Coles bed. or maybe she's telling Cole to get up!

Melinda
October 8th, 2008, 07:16 AM
what a wonderful story!!! I still think you should make all your "picture" books into childrens stories, my daycare just love the pictures of your babies!!

Love4himies
October 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
What a great story along with beautiful pics, hazel :lovestruck: :cloud9:

breeze
October 8th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Great story Hazel !! love your story telling..and your pictures !!

the picture of the fall colors is beautiful :lovestruck:

chico2
October 8th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I'll never again complain about having 3 cat-dishes to fill evenly:laughing:
OMG,8 large dishes:dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:
The Hazelrun pack is amazing,you are amazing,great pics:thumbs up
What's the white stuff on top of the food??Yogurt???

14+kitties
October 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Wonderful pics! And the story was very intense as usual. Kept me on the edge of my seat! :thumbs up(Well, actually it was Timmy sharing "my" chair that kept me on the edge of my seat but.....) Love the changing of the leaves. Ours right now are yellow. Just yellow. :sad:

diandpat
October 8th, 2008, 08:57 AM
What a fun story and what a beautiful pack of dogs. I love all their markings.

Lil Belle in the bus :laughing::laughing::laughing: I wasn't expecting that one...very funny!!!

Love the fall colors there too.

SIL
October 8th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hazel...I'm glad you're getting good use out of the digital cam, I love the pics of your pack :cloud9: and your stories. Keep up the good work :thumbs up

ancientgirl
October 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I have to say, their breakfast looked a whole lot yummier than mind did this morning.

So that was Ember who still looks all sleepy eyed?:D "Mom, you woke me up and my breakfast isn't ready?"

Chris21711
October 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Yesterday the pics came in snap, crackle and pop, I guess today being hump day they had to clear the hump Hazel. Took a spell but well worth it :cloud9: You are getting pretty nifty with that camera :laughing:

Dog Dancer
October 8th, 2008, 11:37 AM
What great fun. Excellent pics and story line. Too funny. With my two (yeah just two) the younger one (Halo) will stand and growl at Shadow quite often, normally because she wants her to move from the softer of the blankets, or Shadow has a cookie she hasn't eaten and Halo wants it. Always, Shadow moves and lets Halo have her way. Drives me crazy that she's so giving to Halo because Shadow is the dominant dog in the house, albeit getting older now. Grace sounds like Halo.

krdahmer
October 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM
:lovestruck::cloud9:

Frenchy
October 8th, 2008, 12:42 PM
First stop...the Big Yard where the local Varmints are sponsoring a Rabbit Raisin Hunt :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ohhhh I love that yard (with the pack in it of course !)

Same question as Chico2 Hazel , what's the white stuff in their bowls ?

Maybe Grace is singing a little song to Cole , like : wakey wakey my little friend .... :shrug:

phoozles
October 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Love the story :lovestruck: especially nap time with all of them scattered throughout the room :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments. :D The Pack loves to entertain so they're happy tonight! :thumbs up

diandpat, Lil Belle loves to get behind the wheel of whichever vehicle she's in. :dog:

What's the white stuff on top of the food??Yogurt???

Yep, yogurt combined with glucosamine/chondroitin powder and some probiotic! :thumbs up Yum... :yuck: :o

Wonderful pics! And the story was very intense as usual. Kept me on the edge of my seat! (Well, actually it was Timmy sharing "my" chair that kept me on the edge of my seat but.....) Love the changing of the leaves. Ours right now are yellow. Just yellow.

Aw...so nice of you to share your chair with Timmy. :cloud9: I'll bet it would have made a cute picture!

Our color is actually pretty drab this year, too. The maples are the ones that usually put on the brilliant show--but this year they stayed green a month longer than usual, then changed color quickly and dropped in just a few days. :shrug: The oaks are starting to brighten up now, though! :thumbs up

Hazel...I'm glad you're getting good use out of the digital cam, I love the pics of your pack :cloud9: and your stories. Keep up the good work

Thanks, SIL. I am having a ball with it. I spent most of today clearing out corrupted files on my computer, though, so I'm having camera withdrawal right now! :eek: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Chris, I'm having trouble with pics today, too... Actually, I'm having trouble with email and phone service today, as well. :rolleyes: I'm glad you could finally download them!

So that was Ember who still looks all sleepy eyed?:D "Mom, you woke me up and my breakfast isn't ready?"

Is it the dog on top of the kennel? If so, that's Grace... Ember is an orange (white with auburn spots). He's in the forground of the first pic, waiting for the restaurant to open. :D

With my two (yeah just two) the younger one (Halo) will stand and growl at Shadow quite often, normally because she wants her to move from the softer of the blankets, or Shadow has a cookie she hasn't eaten and Halo wants it. Always, Shadow moves and lets Halo have her way. Drives me crazy that she's so giving to Halo because Shadow is the dominant dog in the house, albeit getting older now. Grace sounds like Halo.

We have some other characters, too. Cass will come up to Ridge when Ridge is comfy on the couch and just stare at her. Ridge knows that Cass wants her spot and growls at her, getting louder and louder...and just when you think all heck is gonna break loose and you're reaching for the spray bottle...Ridge slowly comes off the couch and lets Cass have her spot. :shrug: Cass never has to make a peep! :laughing:

Maybe Grace is singing a little song to Cole , like : wakey wakey my little friend .... :shrug:

Close as we've been able to make it out it's more like "I'm small, but I can take you! No. Really! I can take you! Be afraid, Sheriff Cole. Very. Very. Afraid."

If Cole could thumb his nose at her, he would! :laughing: He's not impressed. :rolleyes:

Chaser
October 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Awesome pictures!:thumbs up I love how they have naptime....and all together too! :lovestruck: Spending days with the Pack sounds absolutely perfect! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 8th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Oh,yes...napping is one of their favorite group activities! :laughing: Some days, hazel wishes they'd do more of it! :p

Smiley14
October 9th, 2008, 01:58 AM
OH, this is awesome! Gorgeous pics and the captions are hilarious! :laughing: :lovestruck: I love your new camera by the way! :thumbs up

rainbow
October 9th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I love the pics :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck: and you are the bestest story teller. :thumbs up

But, I want to know "how" do you get all eight dogs to take a nap at the same time twice a day? :D

Kai'smom
October 9th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Your dogs are so beautful and look so graceful and majestic. They brought the first smile to my lips since yesterday. Thank you

bendyfoot
October 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM
You are my hero.

hazelrunpack
October 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
OH, this is awesome! Gorgeous pics and the captions are hilarious! :laughing: :lovestruck: I love your new camera by the way! :thumbs up

Thanks, Smiley! And me too! :D

But, I want to know "how" do you get all eight dogs to take a nap at the same time twice a day? :D

I don't remember how we got the first few trained to rest after they eat. But the newbies all take their cues from the veterans, so now they teach each other. The afternoon naps they arranged on their own. :D They're all getting to or over the age where setters turn into couch potatoes unless they're outside. :thumbs up

Your dogs are so beautful and look so graceful and majestic. They brought the first smile to my lips since yesterday. Thank you

:grouphug:

You are my hero.

You can haz more...if you wanna trial run first, you can comz to Hazel Run! :laughing:

Frenchy
October 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Close as we've been able to make it out it's more like "I'm small, but I can take you! No. Really! I can take you! Be afraid, Sheriff Cole. Very. Very. Afraid."

If Cole could thumb his nose at her, he would! :laughing: He's not impressed. :rolleyes:

She does have that little smart a** look :laughing: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 10th, 2008, 12:07 AM
She does have that little smart a** look :laughing: :lovestruck:

She definitely does have an Alexander complex... :dog: Short but ready to conquer the world! :D