Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

National Do Not Call Registry

14+kitties
October 7th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi y'all. The National Do Not Call site is up and running if you want to register your number to stop the annoying phone calls.
It's really easy to use. You type in your number and the conformation letters/numbers and you are done.
Hope I haven't broken any rules posting this. If I have then mods, feel free to remove it.

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

aslan
October 7th, 2008, 08:46 PM
is this so the ever annoying telemarketers can't call.

Schwinn
October 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Yup. I registered our home number the day it was live at 6:30 am. I had the Breakfast TV playing on the TV, and while I was registering some other numbers (cell, work) they mentioned the website. ZAP! It went down right before my eyes...there it was, gone...

Just remember, it's going to take something like 30 days to be excluded. I'm surprised, though. I thought we'd get a tonne more calls in the meantime from all the telemarketing companies trying to get as many calls in before they had to stop, but nope.

14+kitties
October 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Just remember, it's going to take something like 30 days to be excluded. I'm surprised, though. I thought we'd get a tonne more calls in the meantime from all the telemarketing companies trying to get as many calls in before they had to stop, but nope.

Yep, 31 days from the day you register. Still better than none. My daughter just reminded me about it tonight. She works for a bank in the background.

is this so the ever annoying telemarketers can't call.

Yep, yep!! :D

BusterBoo
October 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the reminder! In the past two days I have had a call from a company offering me a very low interest rate on my credit cards (all I need to do is supply them with my name, address and card number :wall:) and tonight a call from a french only company talking about my credit also.

For once I wish an actual human would be at the other end of the conversation so I could tell them to :censored::censored::censored::censored:

:D

Frenchy
October 7th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I heard about it when it crashed :laughing:

Don't forget that newspapers can still call , election people , and the ones you are already customers with.

I usually get out of it , when you pick up , there's usually a silence before they start talking so I hand up :D

aslan
October 7th, 2008, 09:09 PM
lol, best one is to tell them to hold on and set the phone down and go about your business.

Frenchy
October 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM
lol, best one is to tell them to hold on and set the phone down and go about your business.

If I don't have time to hang up on them , I tell them my 2 year old daughter is alone in the bath :D

it goes like this : omg so sorry , can't talk right now , I have a 2 yr old in the tub ... click .....

14+kitties
October 7th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Yep, they can still call. And the people asking for donations. But I don't get nearly as many calls from them as I do the window/carpet/ductcleaners/etc people. :frustrated: Still worthwhile adding your number to the list.