Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

St Bernard for adoption "in about a year"

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Guess what??!!!

The neighbours that dumped poor Buster (the cute little black dog, that the good people of this forum helped me find a home for)
Well they are getting a Saint Bernard puppy!!:yell::mad: last week they wanted a BMD on friday the wanted a neapolitan mastiff, but now they are getting the saint bernard because, get this " it's the cheapest one they could find on kijiji" :wall:

I lost it, said you dumped Buster, why are you getting another dog!!? they said Buster was to hyper, I said it was becuase he was never walked, so the husband said, "I couldn't walk him, I have a bad back" !!??:eek: I said, if you can't walk a 40lb dog, there is no way you will be able to walk a 120lb one !!??........................STUPID STUPID IGNORANT IDIOTS :yell:

I told the whole family, "your puppy people, when this one grows up, you'll dump it too, like all the rest!!! "

And she's a gardener, and has gardens EVERYWHERE, so the dog will have no place to go.........it will get beaten if it goes in her flowers!!! :wall::wall:

Love4himies
October 7th, 2008, 07:18 AM
OMG, I remember Buster. What a bunch of idiots, WTH, do they think it is going to take to raise a St Bernard :wall: :loser:

DougG
October 7th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Some people should not be allowed to have pets. :wall:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Tell me about it!!!! They couldn't bring the pup home last night, becuase they haven't paid him off yet !! they are making payments!!! Idiots that are selling this pup should be kicked in the A$$ too, who would sell a pup in payments??!!! If they can't afford to "buy" him, they can't afford the freakin vet either.....hell they can't afford the 4 freakin kids they have!!!! They beg all through the neighbourhood for food, cars, trucks, and everything else they can sucker the kind hearted into giving them!!!!

Sorry for the rant.......but this just makes me so angry!!!!!

14+kitties
October 7th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Another problem. They can't afford to feed themselves. How can they afford to feed a dog that size that requires massive amounts of food? :loser:s
Wish there was a way they could be reported. :loser:

bendyfoot
October 7th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Oh gawd, not these losers again. :wall:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
yup :wall:

Sad part is, they are teaching their 4 kids everything they know!!! So the kids think it's okay!!!

One of the kids was telling me all about how cute his new puppy is........I lost it and said "you didn't give a crap when Buddy went, you even wanted money for him, so what the heck makes you think your gonna give a rats a$$ about this dog" You'll get bored in about 6 months, and dump him too, you and your family shouldn't be allowed to own pets" !!:yell:

Gail P
October 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Is there any way for you to find/contact the seller of the pup, and let them know the circumstances? Can you find the ad on Kijiji? Of course the seller may not care as long as they get paid, but it might be worth a shot, stressing that the pup will not have a long-term home or proper care.

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Sorry you have to deal with these :loser:s, happycats. :grouphug: Some people have absolutely no common sense, and the animals suffer for it. :sad:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Is there any way for you to find/contact the seller of the pup, and let them know the circumstances? Can you find the ad on Kijiji? Of course the seller may not care as long as they get paid, but it might be worth a shot, stressing that the pup will not have a long-term home or proper care.

I found the ad, but they only care about the $$$$$$ heres the ad
http://oshawa.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-ST-BERNARD-WERE-READY-FOR-OUR-NEW-HOMES-W0QQAdIdZ78867759

Frenchy
October 7th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Happycat , please tell these loosers that St-Bernard adults will get between 150 and 200 lbs ! Do they know how much food this will cost them ? How much vet care it costs for extra-large dogs ? And he has a bad back ???? Then tell him he better get good insurances to pay for his future chiropractor !

:wall: :wall: :wall:

diandpat
October 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM
OMG that just breaks my heart! :sad:

Imagine what kind of homes the other six must have go to...:evil:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Happycat , please tell these loosers that St-Bernard adults will get between 150 and 200 lbs ! Do they know how much food this will cost them ? How much vet care it costs for extra-large dogs ? And he has a bad back ???? Then tell him he better get good insurances to pay for his future chiropractor !

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I did I did !!! I basically pleaded with them last night, told them everything you posted, as well as their yard is small and they have a pool in the middle and gardens all around, with no place for any dog let alone a huge one!!!

My DH said he is going to freak on them when he see's them!!

Within one week, they have picked out 4 different breeds!!! and picked this one because of the price!!! LOSERS!!! How the hell will I survive living next door to them !!! Maybe I should tell their landlord......No he won't give a rats a$$ either since they pay rent, and thats all he cares about!

krdahmer
October 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
:wall: Too many :loser: don't give having a pet one thought past 'oh he's so cute'.... and that is just wrong! I feel for you Happycats... it's torture to watch, and so hard when you know that it should be stopped before it happens to protect the poor trusting pet! :sad:

I would try and contact the kijiji people selling this dog, you never know, they might give a crap (unlikely if they're taking payments and advertising on kijiji, but you never know).

Frenchy
October 7th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I would try and contact the kijiji people selling this dog, you never know, they might give a crap (unlikely if they're taking payments and advertising on kijiji, but you never know).

:lightbulb: :thumbs up

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Then they will either get the Golden, BMD or Neapolatin that are all also listed on Kijiji in our area :wall: It doesn't matter, the are hell bent on getting a puppy!!! A HUGE puppy :sad:

They have seen how sweet and well behaved Buddy is, and think they can train a dog to be like him.....!!!!!! I have told him repeatedly, that I have never beaten or raised my voice to Buddy, and Buddy was already sweet and well mannered to begin with!!
He beats his dogs, as well as teaching the kids and wife to beat the dogs as well.............that's the only way to train em he says !!! :loser:

JennieV
October 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Happycats, TELL THE LANDLORD! tell him its a HUGE dog, that will destroy propery, chew and slobber on everything, basically paint him a very unattractive picture. and who knows, he may care enough to tell them no. Rent or no rent, he must care about his property, no?
:sad: very sad to hear about people like these... Very sad...and just :wall::wall:

kandy
October 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I think contacting the landlord is probably your best bet. If you can convince him that this dog will end up destroying property due to lack of exercise/supervision, etc, he might take a stand.

This poor dog. The big dogs are harder to adopt out anyway and if the breeder is accepting payments, then I would guess they wouldn't be taking the dog back when the people figure out that the cute giant breed puppy is going to grow into a giant breed adult. I guarantee that the first time this pup flings slobber onto one of them, they aren't going to think he's so cute.

Other than that, if they get the pup - maybe you should hang out with a video camera. Catch them in the act of beating the dog and turn them in for animal abuse.

MommaKat
October 7th, 2008, 02:06 PM
They beat their dogs? :yuck:

You should tell them that your not helping this time WHEN they decide to re-home the dog because he slobbers or destroys things. I don't know why people do this :shrug: The folks that gave me Maggie got a kitten 2 months ago and then gave it up last week :wall:

Oh, and I looked at your thread for buster (cute pooch) and I thought they gave him up because of allergies?

:sad:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM
They beat their dogs? :yuck:

You should tell them that your not helping this time WHEN they decide to re-home the dog because he slobbers or destroys things. I don't know why people do this :shrug: The folks that gave me Maggie got a kitten 2 months ago and then gave it up last week :wall:

Oh, and I looked at your thread for buster (cute pooch) and I thought they gave him up because of allergies?

:sad:

LMAO that's exactly what I said "your allergies won't be able to handle a saint bernard"!! they said they are getting the short haired one, so it won't be a problem!!!!
OMG what freakin liars!!
My DH is going to tell them exactly what you posted........"Don't come here in a year when you dump this one!!"

They know I'm a big sucker, and although I hate them for this, they know I will take the dog when they threaten to take him to the pound (our pound PTS in 3 days if the dog isn't adopted):sad: they will use my emotions against me.........I will feel sorry for the dog and feed him and pet him through the fence just like I did with Buster.........GOD I'm such a wussssss :frustrated:

Busters new owner told me the vet told them he was malnourished!! And I fed him.............I thought I was supplementing his meals, I was probably the only one feeding him :cry:

Spatx
October 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
These people are unbelievable... I've met my share of people who shouldn't have pets, but to live next door to someone like that... ugh.

I really wonder WHY they want a dog? I know a few people on my street that really wanted a dog, got one, and never took it for walks or even bothered to neuter/spay or take it to the vet. They say they are dog people - but it seems like their dogs are just there for show. I can't imagine having dogs and then not doing anything with them... Walks, playing, cuddling, training classes... I don't understand people :shrug:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM
These people are unbelievable... I've met my share of people who shouldn't have pets, but to live next door to someone like that... ugh.

I really wonder WHY they want a dog? I know a few people on my street that really wanted a dog, got one, and never took it for walks or even bothered to neuter/spay or take it to the vet. They say they are dog people - but it seems like their dogs are just there for show. I can't imagine having dogs and then not doing anything with them... Walks, playing, cuddling, training classes... I don't understand people :shrug:

JMO but after serious thinking about why my neighbour does it......well I know it's him (the husband) he is never ever happy, and is always complaining, and belly acheing about how hard he has it, and always says how he should just dissappear or die :yuck: ( I too wish he would)
I believe he is using dogs to fill a void in his life, not knowing or not learning from the past that "IT"S YOU YOU STUPID F%*K that has problems and no dog, kid, wife, kid or money will change anything!! he's nuts and needs mental help not a dog!!! I think I just may tell him that too!!:D

Chris21711
October 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Happycats I can't imagine living next door to an ignorant A-hole like you do, wanting to strip him up and down the middle, but since you know the guy is a pshyco, maybe you should be careful what you say to him, lest he in some way tries to take it out on Buddy.

Smiley14
October 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
OH MY WORD. That is the most frustrating thing!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

That poor, poor dog. :sad:

Chaser
October 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Crap....I shouldn't have opened this thread after a bad day....now I'm in tears :cry:

I would end up breaking down and helping the poor pup too happycats....I can't even imagine how awful it would be to see a malnourished St. Bernard puppy walking around, and it sounds like that is just what will happen :sad:

:grouphug:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Crap....I shouldn't have opened this thread after a bad day....now I'm in tears :cry:

I would end up breaking down and helping the poor pup too happycats....I can't even imagine how awful it would be to see a malnourished St. Bernard puppy walking around, and it sounds like that is just what will happen :sad:

:grouphug:

Don't worry DH and I have decided that if this one is abused, or not fed, we are "abdogting" it :D
(DH idea :lovestruck:)

Just when you think it can't get any worse, they have decided to get a female, because they want to get into breeding AGAIN!!! :wall::yell::frustrated:

Spatx
October 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hold me - I'm scared. :eek:

Bearsmom
October 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Holy Lord, this is just terrible! We own our rescued Saint, Molly, and these people think a short haired won't shed????? Molly sheds a LOT, and drools a LOT and eats a LOT, but we LOVE her.

Visitors to our home are warned that if they fear getting shed upon, or the recipient of some "Saint slime".

Give me a shout when you adopt this Saint, they are a wonderful breed!

PS I'm also open to assisting with a dognapping or two.

happycats
October 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Holy Lord, this is just terrible! We own our rescued Saint, Molly, and these people think a short haired won't shed????? Molly sheds a LOT, and drools a LOT and eats a LOT, but we LOVE her.

Visitors to our home are warned that if they fear getting shed upon, or the recipient of some "Saint slime".

Give me a shout when you adopt this Saint, they are a wonderful breed!

PS I'm also open to assisting with a dognapping or two.

Thank you!!!

The wife is allergic to dogs, but they believe a short haired saint will be fine....besides the idiot BYB told them she shouldn't have any problems with her allergies with the short haired one!! :wall:

Frenchy
October 10th, 2008, 11:14 PM
.besides the idiot BYB told them she shouldn't have any problems with her allergies with the short haired one!! :wall:

WHAT ? :confused:

:wall:

happycats
October 10th, 2008, 11:18 PM

YUP! Like I said, give it a year, and they will be desperate to dump it, her allergies won't survive it :sad::mad:
This is like their 10th freakin dog.......ARE THEY THAT STUPID??!! Do they relly think her allergies are cured after dumping each one??
Or was she just lying about allergies as an excuse to dump the dogs?

14+kitties
October 10th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Telling the landlord won't help. He has allowed them to have other dogs and not done anything. Also, in Ont you can't evict for having a pet unless the pet is causing problems.
You are a saint for putting up with this! I think the idea of having a camera around for when he is beating this poor pup into submission is a great idea. Maybe then there will be some kind of consequence. :shrug: Poor pup. :sad:
:loser: neighbour!

otter
October 10th, 2008, 11:31 PM
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :wall::wall::wall:

What a horrible story :sad: and looking at that Kijiji site it terrifying as well - look at all those BYB "designer" dogs :eek:

I'm gonna have nightmares :frustrated:.

Thank dog you are there happycats, at least this dog will have a chance with you watching out for her :thumbs up:goodvibes:

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 03:21 AM
These neighbours of yours are beyond morons. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I honestly don't even think it will take a year. Have you started picking out names yet? :o

Bearsmom
October 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Aaaaand, I've got a big truck with dark tinted windows, perfect for hiding a Saint.....*hint hint hint*

Frenchy
October 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Aaaaand, I've got a big truck with dark tinted windows, perfect for hiding a Saint.....*hint hint hint*

:thumbs up need an assistant ? I have this little black outfit I've been waiting to wear :laughing: (play Mission Impossible theme in the background)

TulipRoxy
October 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM

I groom one, a huge male, named Duke, and he sheds tons!

Wow... these people are so ignorant. Its sad to think that there are many in the world just like them. People should really have to have a license to own a dog, but instead they can get them from any ignorant person who decides to breed their dog. You say these people want to breed this dog, too. OMG!!!
Yeah so if you need help dog napping, I'm in :) won't be the first time!

happycats
October 11th, 2008, 08:21 PM

Howfar is Orangeville from here? :D

happycats
October 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Telling the landlord won't help. He has allowed them to have other dogs and not done anything. Also, in Ont you can't evict for having a pet unless the pet is causing problems.
You are a saint for putting up with this! I think the idea of having a camera around for when he is beating this poor pup into submission is a great idea. Maybe then there will be some kind of consequence. :shrug: Poor pup. :sad:
:loser: neighbour!

We will looke over this poor little saint, and make sure nothing bad happens to it :)

Frenchy
October 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I think the dog should be relocated to Quebec after the dognapping so none of you guys would get in trouble.

:whistle:

happycats
October 11th, 2008, 08:26 PM
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :wall::wall::wall:

What a horrible story :sad: and looking at that Kijiji site it terrifying as well - look at all those BYB "designer" dogs :eek:

I'm gonna have nightmares :frustrated:.

Thank dog you are there happycats, at least this dog will have a chance with you watching out for her :thumbs up:goodvibes:

is't disgusting how many animals are sold and "for free" on Kijiji. I quite often send these fools nasty emails. I also send pleading emails (and it's worked many times) But there are so many, it's impossible to email them all!!

happycats
October 11th, 2008, 08:29 PM
These neighbours of yours are beyond morons. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I honestly don't even think it will take a year. Have you started picking out names yet? :o

The people who eventually adopt it will have to pick out the name :) As much as I would love to keep this poor dog, Buddy's my boy, and he wouldn't want to share my attention, he's a little greedy that way :D

happycats
October 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I think the dog should be relocated to Quebec after the dognapping so none of you guys would get in trouble.

:whistle:

That sounds like a great idea.......and GG has already volunteered to meet half way!!! (do you want to foster this one Frenchy ;) )

Frenchy
October 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM
That sounds like a great idea.......and GG has already volunteered to meet half way!!! (do you want to foster this one Frenchy ;) )

yessssssssss !

Bearsmom
October 11th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Howfar is Orangeville from here? :D

From where?

Bearsmom
October 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
:thumbs up need an assistant ? I have this little black outfit I've been waiting to wear :laughing: (play Mission Impossible theme in the background)

Ooh, I've always wanted to wear one of those Angelina Jolie Lara-Croft-tomb-raider get ups....

Frenchy
October 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Ooh, I've always wanted to wear one of those Angelina Jolie Lara-Croft-tomb-raider get ups....

:laughing: well there you go ! :thumbs up

happycats
October 12th, 2008, 10:21 PM
From where?

oops sorry, Oshawa :)

happycats
October 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM
yessssssssss !

LOL !!

OMG, your not gonna believe this!! I was just talking to the oldest son (he's 18) he said they are making him pay for the dog ( $100 a week :eek:) Because they have no money. They said it's the least he could do for them, since they let him live there!! WTF !!??

I told the son, how expensive dogs are, just the revolution alone is 100 bucks, and Buddys food is 70 bucks a bag, so imagine how much it will cost to feed a saint !! Funny thing is, the son agrees with us, he said his parents are freakin stupid, and never have any money, so he has no idea how they are going to look after the dog. He said his Stepdad is boss (and wan'ts this dog) and him, and the others (siblings and mother) have no say, as he has hit all of them :eek:
but the son said not to worry, he's not going to be hitting anybody, including the dog anymore (the son is now 6 foot 7 and 260 lbs)

At least there is some hope this dog won't be beaten. :shrug:

Frenchy
October 12th, 2008, 10:48 PM
That is somewhat good news but the son will move out one day :sad:

14+kitties
October 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Maybe with Happycats help and guidance the son can raise this pup. Then when he moves he can claim it. After all, he's paying for it. It should be his. :fingerscr

happycats
October 12th, 2008, 11:01 PM

Yeah I know...............the stepdad already kicked him out once (on his 16th birthday) said your 16, so legally I don't have to look after you anymore!!

Hopefully the son will be able to kick the stupid stepdad out one day!!

Frenchy
October 12th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hopefully the son will be able to kick the stupid stepdad out one day!!

You know who I would like to kick ? The woman ! To let her kids live with this man angers me so :censored: much !

happycats
October 13th, 2008, 07:34 PM
You know who I would like to kick ? The woman ! To let her kids live with this man angers me so :censored: much !

Thats exactly how I feel!! How can any women let her man abuse her kids and animals??!!! Now don't anyone tell me the "she's scared sh!t" I don't care how "scared" I am, i'd never let any man abuse my kid or pets. :mad:

Frenchy
October 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Thats exactly how I feel!! How can any women let her man abuse her kids and animals??!!! Now don't anyone tell me the "she's scared sh!t" I don't care how "scared" I am, i'd never let any man abuse my kid or pets. :mad:

There's always places to go and ask for help. And why go out with such a :loser: in the first place ? :wall:

happycats
October 13th, 2008, 09:07 PM
There's always places to go and ask for help. And why go out with such a :loser: in the first place ? :wall:

EXACTLY!! :thumbs up

t.pettet
October 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Some women are so 'gutless', allowing themselves, their kids and pets to be bulied and live in fear. Sounds like a wonderful home environment to live in! This is not the 1950's, theres resources for single women with kids. As soon as that pup arrives arrangements should be made for it to disappear. It shouldn't be subjected to that low-life man's domain.

rainbow
October 14th, 2008, 02:21 AM
happycats, have you ever talked to the woman?Maybe she just needa someone to give her the courage to leave this :loser: and go to a woman's shelter. :shrug:

happycats
October 14th, 2008, 07:49 AM
happycats, have you ever talked to the woman?Maybe she just needa someone to give her the courage to leave this :loser: and go to a woman's shelter. :shrug:

It's useless, she has disowned 2 older daughters and grandkids, for this loser!
Her daughters have begged her on many occasions to leave this idiot, and she picked him over them.........how sad and disgusting!! She's not allowed to see or speak to her older daughters. (the first 4 kids are from another man)