Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hazel got a new toy today...

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM
And the whole Pack suffered for it! :laughing:

No story today, just pics...my first on the new camera. :thumbs up

Ember heard the rumor that Mom had a new camera and he waited patiently for her to come out so he could check it out... Hey! It even takes pics through screens! :thumbs up

Grace joined him to check out Mom's new toy:

And Brier moseyed on over to check it out, too:

Diamondsmum
October 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
YAY!!! pack Pics!!!

OMG hazel they are Beautiful!:lovestruck:

Chaser
October 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
WOW! What a difference....your pack is looking mighty fine with that new camera! :lovestruck:

luckypenny
October 6th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Woohoo!!!!:crazy:

More, more, more :yell:.

:D

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I trimmed all the dogs' feathers over the weekend. By the time I was done, the Side Yard looked like a dog had exploded in it! :laughing: Hair everywhere!

The Sheriff actually came over to check that there hadn't been some sort of dogicide! :eek:

The King checked it out, too.

Both of them concluded that the Side Yard was pretty hairy but no charges were filed. :D

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 10:38 PM
yaaaaaay, first pic gave me a scare tho, thought wtf...

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Ms Macie condescended to pose for a picture, but she was pretty busy and couldn't stay. So many chipmunks, so little time, y'know! :laughing:

And I wanted to put the camera through its paces indoors, so she continued her patrolling and I went inside...

"Mom is spending way too much time with that camera!" :frustrated: :dog: :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 10:48 PM
The Esquire wonders why the heck Mom keeps smelling that camera. Didn't smell so great to him! :dog:

Grace is wondering if Mom's gonna take a lot of pictures of her.

"Of course, Grace! Let's shake on it!" :laughing:

meg4050
October 6th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Awwwww :lovestruck:

I love the pic of Brier and Grace

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 10:53 PM
And finally, a couple of posts of face shots. Notice the newly trimmed ears! (The old feathers are now part of the exploded dog in the Side Yard! :laughing:)

King Ember looking pretty natty.

Princess Lil Belle is not amused.

You gonna get that thing outta my face, Ma, or am I gonna hafta assert my authoritah? :frustrated:

luckypenny
October 6th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Weeeeee! We'll now get to see tons of pics of the pack every day http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/7.gif

:goodvibes:

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 10:56 PM
:flirt::flirt:crap eyes are welling up again..

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Last post (for tonight! :p)

The Princess-Queen poses for the camera in a dark corner to check the flash :thumbs up

Sheriff Cole sits in the light of the French doors to see how the camera handles natural light indoors! Also a :thumbs up

Notice he's going green. :D hubby mowed this weekend and Cole spent a lot of time rolling in the clippings! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 6th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Yipppppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing: :goodvibes: :D

Love the last shot of Lil Belle :cloud9: :lovestruck: so cute :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
October 6th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Awww Coley goin' green :cloud9: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
YAY!!! pack Pics!!!

OMG hazel they are Beautiful!:lovestruck:

WOW! What a difference....your pack is looking mighty fine with that new camera! :lovestruck:

I hope you both still think so at the end of the week after days and days of pics! :laughing:

Nah...you're safe...my connection won't let me overload you too badly! :p

yaaaaaay, first pic gave me a scare tho, thought wtf...

That was the first one I showed hubby--he had the same reaction! :laughing: hazel, on the other hand, was quite impressed that something with automatic focus handled the screen that well! :thumbs up

Awwwww :lovestruck:

I love the pic of Brier and Grace

My too little nudniks. :flirt: He's almost our biggest. She's our dinkiest. She's constantly giving him heck out in the yard! :laughing: What a feisty girl she is! :thumbs up

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
lol, hazel i didn't read what you wrote before the pictures, me being me wanted to make sure it was taking good pics, sooo picture kinda scared me, then i saw the rest and read what you wrote, phew.

14+kitties
October 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Awww, hazel's getting camera happy!! :thumbs up
Now stop and make a new thread hazel or you won't be able to get into this one!!!
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Smiley14
October 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM
OHHH, YAY for the new camera!!!! Did you get a digital one now? It takes beautiful pics! I LOVE these!!!! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Weeeeee! We'll now get to see tons of pics of the pack every day http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/7.gif

:goodvibes:

I gotta get me a bigger supply of batteries! :laughing: I had trouble putting it down this afternoon.

:flirt:crap eyes are welling up again..

:grouphug: You didn't get some of that exploded dog in them, did you? :eek: Setter hair is a real pain to get out of your eyes!

Yipppppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Love the last shot of Lil Belle :cloud9: so cute :lovestruck:

She really wasn't amused... :o

Awww Coley goin' green

He looks stunning in green, doesn't he? :D He's been hearing so much about going green on the news that he's been trying to do his part as often as he can! :laughing: We don't mow often enough to satisfy him, though. :o

otter
October 6th, 2008, 11:15 PM
OMG What wonderful pictures! :thumbs up

We want more, more, more, more, more :D:D:D:D

I'm so excited :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Awww, hazel's getting camera happy!! :thumbs up
Now stop and make a new thread hazel or you won't be able to get into this one!!!

I wasn't sure the last post was going to come in :eek:...but it finally downloaded! :D

OHHH, YAY for the new camera!!!! Did you get a digital one now? It takes beautiful pics! I LOVE these!!!!

Yep, a digital. :cloud9: So no one is safe from the Pack...they're gonna be all over the place! :laughing: The only thing between you and total overload is my crappy connection! :p

lol, hazel i didn't read what you wrote before the pictures, me being me wanted to make sure it was taking good pics, sooo picture kinda scared me, then i saw the rest and read what you wrote, phew.

:laughing: That'll teach you to skip the story line and go straight to the pictures! :p

But all's good! :thumbs up :cloud9:

:thankyou:

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 11:20 PM
:2huggers: glad all is good, wait til you discover you can change to black and white, or sepia, or red, or......

i've got my temporary setter fix now, i can go to bed happy. Lil belle is officially my fave now.

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 11:21 PM
OMG What wonderful pictures! :thumbs up

We want more, more, more, more, more :D:D:D:D

I'm so excited :goodvibes:

Before I post any more pics, I have to fix the computer. Something on it wigged out--blew away hubby's account and profile! :shrug: Not sure how or what did it, but I have to rebuild his account tomorrow. Then I should be good to go again.... :D

I can't wait for morning now. There's an action setting...and the Pack plays lots in the morning! :thumbs up

This camera takes some getting used to, though. I keep trying to look through the viewfinder...which, of course, doesn't exist! :laughing: It's hard to get used to holding it out in front and looking at the screen... :o

hazel meets the 21st century--21st century wins hands down! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
:2huggers: glad all is good, wait til you discover you can change to black and white, or sepia, or red, or......

i've got my temporary setter fix now, i can go to bed happy. Lil belle is officially my fave now.

Ooooo...I saw the b-and-w and sepia settings...but I can accent a color, too? :cloud9: Gotta check that out in the morning, too! :thumbs up

clm
October 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Great pics Hazel, not a bad one among them. What kind of camera did you get?

Cindy

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM
It's a Kodak EasyShare C613, 6.2 megapixels with a 3x built in zoom. :D It's perfect :cloud9:--not too intimidating for a first venture into the 21st century, and it has a lot of features to play with...well, at least, compared to my old manual 35 mm SLR it does. I don't have anything modern to compare it to! :laughing:

It's amazing to me that you can edit the pictures right in the camera! :eek: It even has a setting for Kodak Perfect Touch automatic editing for the pictures--I always send out my 35 mm film for Perfect Touch digital processing! :thumbs up So it was sort of a comfy, familiar feeling when I found that! :o

krdahmer
October 6th, 2008, 11:53 PM
:laughing: Slow down their retina's are burning!!! :rolleyes::laughing:

So nice to see so many pics of that beautiful pack of yours!!! Now you have to get them dressed up for halloween for the challenge!!!:eek::laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2008, 11:56 PM
:laughing: Slow down their retina's are burning!!! :rolleyes::laughing:

So nice to see so many pics of that beautiful pack of yours!!! Now you have to get them dressed up for halloween for the challenge!!!:eek::laughing:

Lucky for them, I can't get into the halloween challenge thread! :laughing: They really don't like to dress up much, although they did seem to enjoy the John Deere cap! :D

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I just realized I forgot to post pics of Ridge! And now she's asleep next to Cole...so I can't get a good one. But here's one of the two of them. Cole is still thinking that Mom is spending too much time with that camera...and Ridge is still showing no respect for the Sheriff (notice the foot she has draped over his back! :laughing:)

The Sheriff showing his softer look...

growler~GateKeeper
October 7th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Too cute :cloud9: love Ridgey's foot on the Sheriff :lovestruck::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 7th, 2008, 12:30 AM
What did hubby say? :D

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 12:34 AM
What did hubby say? :D

He worried about everyone's sanity. :laughing: "They did what?! And why did they do that?!" :eek: Then he giggled a lot. :shrug: Men! :rolleyes: :laughing:

He's looking forward to using it, though... I haven't told him yet in so many words that it's off limits! :p Time for that tomorrow. :D

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Too cute :cloud9: love Ridgey's foot on the Sheriff :lovestruck::laughing:

She's not happy unless she's draped over someone! Lucky for the Sheriff he's so big--if she tries to lie on him, she slides off. The littler girls are not so lucky! :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 7th, 2008, 12:46 AM
:laughing: to Hubby's response

and :laughing: about Ridgey's snuggling :cloud9:

BrightEyes
October 7th, 2008, 12:55 AM
HAZEL!! I love the pics! (I'm like you, I'm on dial-up, sucks doesn't it? sometimes I feel I could run to everyone's house and look at the pics sooner :laughing:)

With 8 dogs and all the feather cuttings, you could knit a throw rug, I'm sure. hehehe

Thanks for having fun with the new camera and welcome to the new millineum. Looking forward to many more pics of the pack! I have a Kodak Easy Share also, however, it's 5 yrs old....I'm looking to upgrade to something else that will give me crisper shots. But then again, I put it on the "sports" setting, cuz sometimes I have days where my hands shake, so really, lately the pics haven't been too bad.

TeriM
October 7th, 2008, 01:22 AM

Love how they are all curious :laughing: :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 01:57 AM
HAZEL!! I love the pics! (I'm like you, I'm on dial-up, sucks doesn't it? sometimes I feel I could run to everyone's house and look at the pics sooner :laughing:)

Oh, ya! Know the feeling! :laughing:

Thanks for having fun with the new camera and welcome to the new millineum. Looking forward to many more pics of the pack! I have a Kodak Easy Share also, however, it's 5 yrs old....I'm looking to upgrade to something else that will give me crisper shots. But then again, I put it on the "sports" setting, cuz sometimes I have days where my hands shake, so really, lately the pics haven't been too bad.

That's the setting I'm hoping works for play time tomorrow! :thumbs up The tough part will be learning how to follow the action if I'm not looking through a viewfinder. I'm not coordinated enough to keep them centered on the screen when they're moving! :o

Love how they are all curious :laughing: :lovestruck:.

Don't be fooled....for a while they thought it was edible. They lost interest soon after they realized it wasn't... :laughing:

happycats
October 7th, 2008, 07:06 AM
OMG, now I can see how beautiful your pack really is, those pics are so nice and clear :D :)

Now don't crash pets.ca with a picture overload !:laughing:

Love4himies
October 7th, 2008, 07:26 AM
WAHOO setter pics overload :cloud9: :lovestruck: They are so beautiful, hazel ;).

Good for Cole going green how conscientious of him :angel:

sugarcatmom
October 7th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Love all the pics! Now keep 'em coming......

Such cute puppy-wuppies :lovestruck:.

breeze
October 7th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Great shots Hazel !! :thumbs up

Hazel is getting clicker happy WOOHOOOO

takes greats shots and the colors are amazing.. welcome to the camera world.

post some more pics please..

http://www.smileycons.com/img/hobby/17.gif

http://www.smileycons.com/img/hobby/15.gif

Chris21711
October 7th, 2008, 10:24 AM
He worried about everyone's sanity. :laughing: "They did what?! And why did they do that?!" :eek: Then he giggled a lot. :shrug: Men! :rolleyes: :laughing:

Sanity! What sanity, it's overrated ask madame Hazel.

Those pics came in quick succession Hazel no waiting time for me, hmmm :confused: What program are you using to post them, I'm having a heck of a time posting pics, the wait for them to upload goes way beyond my patience. :yell:

Great photos of the pack Hazel, I love their silky ears :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Aw, thanks, guys. The Pack is blushin' with all the compliments. :dog:

I think I'm more likely to crash my modem and computer than pets.ca, happycats. :laughing: If I get a fast enough connection to post pics two or three times a week, I'm lucky. :o But I'll try...

L4H, they're all pretty environmentally conscious. They monitor all the wildlife and glean for acorns and mushrooms all the time. They know that if they trash the place, they'll have nothing to watch or nibble on in the yards. So they take care of their world. :angel:

Funny you should ask, SCM and breeze--I have a few more to post already, but I'll wait till after the Pack goes out to play. I want to try the action setting! :thumbs up

Chris, I loaded these out to the computer and reduced their size to about 20% using HP Image Zone (it came with my scanner and it's pretty good but it runs really big...I have to close out just about everything else to use it :o). Then I open the picture with Microsoft Picture Manager. It has a compress feature under the edit commands--I compress the pictures using the setting for web pages and that usually cuts the pic down to under 50KB for posting. :shrug: I've also had good luck with Microsoft Picture It! which is cheaper that Image Zone if you buy it. I keep Picture It around because it has some features that Image Zone doesn't...but if I accidentally open them both together I have to pull the plug on the computer to end the paralysis! :laughing:

Frenchy
October 7th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Those pics came in quick succession Hazel

Here too ! :thumbs up

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepics of the pack , all the time now :cloud9: :lovestruck:

they look so unimpressed :laughing:

Ford Girl
October 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Awww, the packs as wonderful as ever. Couldnt wait to see pics.

LOL - the trying to look thru the view finder...most people do that Hazel when the switch over. :)

wdawson
October 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
great pics hazel......welcome to the world of digital.....as for the action shots just aim the cam in the direction of the pack at play and snap away....your bound to get some good ones...and besides its digital so what turns out bad...DELETE....no cost involved:D

thanks for the great pack pics:thumbs up

Sylvie
October 7th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Great pictures

I can't pick a favourite, they are all so lovelyyyyyy :lovestruck:

Keep them coming :D

ancientgirl
October 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Fantastic pictures.

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
great pics hazel......welcome to the world of digital.....as for the action shots just aim the cam in the direction of the pack at play and snap away....your bound to get some good ones...and besides its digital so what turns out bad...DELETE....no cost involved:D

So I discovered today! :laughing: Nothing like a good delete button when you need one! :thumbs up

It was gloomy, so the action shots were difficult to get, but there are a few that are sorta fun... So off to post a thread...I hope :fingerscr if the connection holds out... :p

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Awwww....pics of the pack :lovestruck: ....I'm in heaven. :cloud9:

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I just noticed the date.....how come you haven't posted any more pics yet? :yell:

chico2
October 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Aww Hazel,I somehow missed all these pics:shrug:I am amazed every time I see the pack:lovestruck:
I think I'm in love with Sheriff,he looks so dignified and proud,but then there are the rest,I think I love them all:laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I think I was adding pics indiscriminately, chico! :laughing:

I took the Pack out today to get more pics for rainbow, but the lady bugs drove us back inside and then I had to do housework. :frustrated: It's supposed to get cold by M or T, and then the bugs will be gone, so I'll try again then. :o