Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Has anybody tried this ?

babymomma
October 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Has anybody tryed this product? Its called the Peticure..The reason i ask is because keely had a bad experiance with nail clipping Last month (It was her first time getting them cut and the groomer hasnt done them since) , The groomer went to clip her nail and she kicked her foot and unfortunatly the breeder cut the quick and it bled alot! And im afraid of that happening agian and her nails grow VERY fast and hey need to be done again , BAD! I thought this product would be a simple and easy way of doing them.. Have any of you guys tryed this before and have any positive/negative feedback? Before ordering it i would like to know if it works.. I will post the link at the bottom of the page for those of you that do not know the product that i am referring to...

Thanks alot!

Jessica and Keely!

Link----> http://www.peticure.com/

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 08:34 PM
ohoh, someone on here just bought one babymomma, crap can't remember who, they love it tho, i will check and get back to you.

babymomma
October 6th, 2008, 08:40 PM
ohh Thank you soo much Aslan!! That would be a greeat help! :thumbs up

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 08:41 PM
www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=56056&highlight=clipping+nails

it's by crochetdiva.:D

babymomma
October 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks ALOT Aslan, I think i will get my dad to order us one!

Chaser
October 6th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Geez, I think I will order one too! We've gotten Chase to a point where we can manage, but it's still a pain....and I HATE when we make him bleed :sad: Kailey's an angel about it, but this product looks SO much safer.

TulipRoxy
October 6th, 2008, 10:53 PM
We use a similar product, a Dremel, at work and it works great... The only thing is some dogs don't like the sound. I'm not sure if this product is quieter... But it makes for a well filed nice looking nail

Spatx
October 6th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Cody just tolerates me cutting his nails. He lies there, but continually moans, whines, and is over-dramatic. I just cut his nails tonight, and he freaked out once and acted like I'd cut his toe off.. I checked and I didn't actually do anything to him. His nail is fine, nowhere near even being short enough still :rolleyes:

Something like the Peticure or a Dremel (I've heard of both) would probably be much safer. If they do make noise, it can be worked with by exposing them to the noise until they are comfortable around it. Nail cutting time isn't very fun (not like its supposed to be, though), but it shouldn't be stressful for our pets or us. I'm so scared of making them bleed, I did that to Nova last time I cut her nails and apologized profusely to her because I felt so bad. It bled like crazy and took a lot of time to stop. Poor girl.

Smiley14
October 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
If you haven't ordered yet, get the CORDED one. I have both the Elite and the corded model and the Elite's battery died after about 7 months of use. I got both last January. I do LOVE them though, but the corded one is still going strong while the battery one has now died. The battery can't be replaced. They are quieter than other dremels, but way more expensive. I do love the nail guard though! :)

ancientgirl
October 7th, 2008, 08:07 PM
I have the Peticure petite. It's a little hard for cats because the little openings are hard to get their nails in, but all in all it works pretty well.