Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Current style I REALLY hate!

Schwinn
October 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Wearing hoodies with the hood up! Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the style itself, per se (I had parachute pants and a rat tail, so I probably shouldn't judge...).

But when you walk into a bank, for dog's sake, DON'T PACE BACK AND FORTH WAITING FOR YOUR BUDDY WITH YOUR HOOD UP AND YOUR HEAD DOWN LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE YOUR FACE!!! In the last week on at least four occasions we've had people come in and do that. And my favourite part is that I'm the biggest guy in the branch, so it's up to me to "keep an eye on them". My question is, who's looking out for MY back??

Oh, and if you ARE going to walk in like that, yea, keeping your hands buried in your pocket really makes us LESS nervous!!

Bina
October 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I really think its high time that bank security guards or managers tell these "Hoodies" that they can either put down the hood or leave the bank. Plain and simple.

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
lol, my mom hated my rat tail, went right down to my butt. I can't say i'm for or against the hoody thing, but you're right, wearing it up and pacing with your hands in your pocket in a bank, isn't the best option. Nothing like saying, hmmmm i might just be going to rob you. Now as for the jeans hanging down to the crack of your :censored:, whole new topic.:D

BenMax
October 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM
lol, my mom hated my rat tail, went right down to my butt. I can't say i'm for or against the hoody thing, but you're right, wearing it up and pacing with your hands in your pocket in a bank, isn't the best option. Nothing like saying, hmmmm i might just be going to rob you. Now as for the jeans hanging down to the crack of your :censored:, whole new topic.:D

What about women who wear low rise jeans and baby tee's and tummy matter spilling out the sides....I think it goes along the same lines as the jeans hanging down to the crack.

Maybe I am naive but the hoody thing does not make me think of robberies. A trained eye can distinguish between a perp and a normal (maybe not well atired) person. The banks have a security guard to watch your back I am sure.

Bina
October 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
At least the half naked girls don't look like they are hiding a gun....LOL

bendyfoot
October 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
:laughing: Rat tails. Hee.

chico2
October 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well,I am oldfashioned and I guess also old,but seeing guys with the crotch of the pants down by their knees,just looks stupid.IMO
As for hoodies just to show proper manners,get that thing off their heads,but manners seems to be out the window these days:evil:
As for a rat-tail,that could be kind of cute:laughing:

Love4himies
October 7th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I can't stand seeing the crotch of pants hanging down to their knees either, they can't even walk properly :laughing:.

Writing4Fun
October 7th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Schwinn, you'd love my 18-year-old nephew's new hoodie. It zips right up to the top of the hood so you're actually wearing a mask. It has a picture of a skull on the face with mesh for eye-holes. It scared the bejeesus out of me, and I knew it was him in there! Apparently, they're the newest thing at Randy River. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Schwinn, you'd love my 18-year-old nephew's new hoodie. It zips right up to the top of the hood so you're actually wearing a mask. It has a picture of a skull on the face with mesh for eye-holes. It scared the bejeesus out of me, and I knew it was him in there! Apparently, they're the newest thing at Randy River. :rolleyes:

Ooooo, Schwinn! A new style to look forward to! :rolleyes: :D

I shouldn't laugh...it'll be funny right up until someone gets accidentally shot because they've given the wrong impression. :eek: Kids don't think of things like that, though... :shrug:

Spatx
October 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I love hoodies, but I've always been taught by my family that it is courteous to remove hats and hoods when indoors. You really have no reason to wear them when inside.

The only time my hoodies hood comes up is when the weather calls for it. It's just so much nicer to see peoples faces when they are inside with you. It just seems like a friendly thing to do :shrug:

onster
October 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I can't stand seeing the crotch of pants hanging down to their knees either, they can't even walk properly :laughing:.

looks like they pooped in their pants and the 'weight' is making them sag

:yuck:

I was SHOCKED by the amount of butt cracks I saw back in highschool (had just moved to canada) :yuck: we had a teacher (male) actually give a class talk where he said he just couldnt see one more hiked up G string n butt crack. add that to the low rise jeans...and ya. :yuck: wheres the shame???

Spatx
October 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM

I was SHOCKED by the amount of butt cracks I saw back in highschool (had just moved to canada) :yuck: we had a teacher (male) actually give a class talk where he said he just couldnt see one more hiked up G string n butt crack. add that to the low rise jeans...and ya. :yuck: wheres the shame???

I know what you mean Onster! Even in college so many of the younger students were dressed like that. Ugh.

You know what really makes me laugh though?

The way guys walk when their pants are drooping to their knees. It's SO much fun to walk behind them and imitate the walk :laughing:

Schwinn
October 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Maybe I am naive but the hoody thing does not make me think of robberies. A trained eye can distinguish between a perp and a normal (maybe not well atired) person. The banks have a security guard to watch your back I am sure.

It's not the wearing of the hoody, it's the way they wear it. And in Ontario, banks don't have security guards, so we all watch the "what to do in a robbery" video, and keep an eye out. And unfortunately, most robbers try to blend, so it's the subtle things you look for. Avoiding eye contact, looking like they're trying to hide their face (for some reason, part of the fashion is wearing an XL when you need a medium, so the hood obscures their face unless looking directly at you), keeping their head down, making it difficult for the cameras to see their face. There's been the odd one who's walked in, head up looking like anyone else that hasn't made us nervous, but a lot of them seem to half-heartedly trying to be quasi-emo with the slouching and looking down, hands buried deep in their pockets, and especially given the rash of robberies in the GTA of late, you tend to get a little edgy. In the majority of robberies, the perp didn't look out of place until AFTER it happens, and it's the things above I mentioned that people remember. Except in takeover robberies. Those are big, loud, scary as heck, and you don't know it's happening until after you're face down on the floor. (I could go on about what to look for, but I'm sure my employer would rather I didn't post the "Idiot's Guide to Bank Robberies" on the internet!:D)

And before I had daughters, I'd be telling you all to leave the girls with the thongs hanging out alone. Now, however...*shudder*I know when it comes to style, what comes around goes around...I've been doing some calculations, and with any luck, "Victorian Era" will be back in...oh, twelve years (here's hoping for the return of ankle skirts!)

As for the guys, we were at Darrien Lake in August, and I lost track of the number of guys literally wearing there pants around the knees. I saw a couple of guys walking like Morticia Adams because their belts were restricting their legs from walking. When they come in to the bank, hoodies or not, I'm never worried. "Hello, police? Yea, we were just robbed. He left the counter, and will be coming out the front door in about 10 minutes...better make it fifteen, he just fell over trying to run."

Frenchy
October 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM

I hate those too :yuck: and yes , it does look like they had no time to go to the bathroom :yuck:

onster
October 7th, 2008, 09:25 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: schwinn u crack me up

aslan
October 7th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I hate those too :yuck: and yes , it does look like they had no time to go to the bathroom :yuck:

it's 'cause they couldn't run there fast enough with their pants around their knees

onster
October 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
:laugh::laugh:

Frenchy
October 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
"Hello, police? Yea, we were just robbed. He left the counter, and will be coming out the front door in about 10 minutes...better make it fifteen, he just fell over trying to run."

:laugh: :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Wearing hoodies with the hood up! Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the style itself, per se (I had parachute pants and a rat tail, so I probably shouldn't judge...).

But when you walk into a bank, for dog's sake, DON'T PACE BACK AND FORTH WAITING FOR YOUR BUDDY WITH YOUR HOOD UP AND YOUR HEAD DOWN LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE YOUR FACE!!! In the last week on at least four occasions we've had people come in and do that. And my favourite part is that I'm the biggest guy in the branch, so it's up to me to "keep an eye on them". My question is, who's looking out for MY back??

Oh, and if you ARE going to walk in like that, yea, keeping your hands buried in your pocket really makes us LESS nervous!!

I use a credit union here, there is a security guard in each one & a note posted on the door asking everyone to remove hoods, hats & sunglasses when entering, if you don't the security guard gives you the glare & def keeps a eye on you - never been in when someone doesn't remove the aforementioned so I'm not sure what they'd do whether they ask you to remove them or not

Kai'smom
October 8th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I love hoodies, but I've always been taught by my family that it is courteous to remove hats and hoods when indoors. You really have no reason to wear them when inside.

The only time my hoodies hood comes up is when the weather calls for it. It's just so much nicer to see peoples faces when they are inside with you. It just seems like a friendly thing to do :shrug:

In total agreement. We live in a surfer/skater culture that my teenage boys are really involved in. The wear jeans and shorts skirting their bum cheeks and hoodies. My son wears a woolen cap with a peak thats welded to his head.

However, let me catch them going into someones home with a hoodie up or a hat on, or sit at a table at someones home or in a restaurant. Its just basic manners.
Styles change, clothes change and really they dont mean anything, its part of growing up and you can't change that, but you can instill basic manners that no matter what they look like, they will DO the right thing.

I still hate that hat though!:frustrated:

Schwinn
November 29th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hope I don't get anyone too upset because I posted in an old thread ;), but I had to post in here and say that one of the branches of my bank was robbed about two weeks ago (it's actually a branch that's closer to where I live than the one I work at, AND the one that a few people approached me about transferring to). I saw the picture from the surveillance camera, and buddy looks EXACTLY like the ones I was referring to, right down to the NYCE hoody. I just found it ironic that I made this post, and then a month later it happens. Hmmm...Alright, where was everyone on the afternoon of Nov 17? I also find it ironic that a week after I posted this, there was an article about some state which now requires people to remove their hats and glasses when they enter a bank. I haven't been through it yet, knock on wood *raps on head*, but I've been told by those who have been, seeing people wearing hoodies, or who keep their glasses on, hats low over their face, makes them VERY nervous.

By the way, we had an event with this branch a couple of days later, and I'm happy to report that everyone was fine...a little shaken, but not so bad they weren't able to whoop it up at the area Christmas party. (Priorities, people...)

Dracko
November 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Schwinn, you make me LOL. I'm in a hotel room passing time right now and read your initial post in this thread. I'm sure the people in the next room could hear me :laughing:

I am sooooooooooooooooo thankful my nephews do NOT dress like that. They are now 22 and 25 but I raised them throughout their teens. The older one liked his clothes a little baggy (waist of the pants still sat at the waist) and wore hoodies (I learned to call them that to seem "hip" and not such an old codger) but not like a hoodlum. Today neither of them dresses like that at all. EVERYTHING FITS. :thumbs up

Anyone watch the VMA's with Kid Rock performing and Lil' Wayne runs out 3/4of the way through? Well cuz he wears his pants so low he's wobbling out and can't even run. I couldn't believe it. His pants are literally BELOW his butt and he can barely walk and certainly can't run.

kiara
November 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Love4himies and Onster you're too funny. I guess this is the style of today and you're only young once. Remember in the sixties the girls wore mini skirts and some of them would roll them up and they became micro-minis. No wonder the bus drivers always had a smile on their faces, they had a free show. Of course I never did that, too shy and conservative.

chico2
November 30th, 2008, 08:30 AM
We were in a restaurant in South Carolina,Big sign on the front-door..
No Hoodies,No Caps,No Sunglasses,no Concealed Weapons.
It was a small restaurant we always go to on our way south,they must have had a reason to put that sign on the door:yell:

Diamondsmum
November 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Hope I don't get anyone too upset because I posted in an old thread ;), but I had to post in here and say that one of the branches of my bank was robbed about two weeks ago (it's actually a branch that's closer to where I live than the one I work at, AND the one that a few people approached me about transferring to). I saw the picture from the surveillance camera, and buddy looks EXACTLY like the ones I was referring to, right down to the NYCE hoody. I just found it ironic that I made this post, and then a month later it happens. Hmmm...Alright, where was everyone on the afternoon of Nov 17? I also find it ironic that a week after I posted this, there was an article about some state which now requires people to remove their hats and glasses when they enter a bank. I haven't been through it yet, knock on wood *raps on head*, but I've been told by those who have been, seeing people wearing hoodies, or who keep their glasses on, hats low over their face, makes them VERY nervous.

By the way, we had an event with this branch a couple of days later, and I'm happy to report that everyone was fine...a little shaken, but not so bad they weren't able to whoop it up at the area Christmas party. (Priorities, people...)

Schiwnn Not only was the bank robbed but Macs was & so was another store from my understanding.