Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some updated Buddy pics!

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Yummy burger........I hate my picture beeing taken :sad:

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:03 PM
We were packing to go to the water park (no dogs allowed :sad:) and Buddy tried to to be a little stow away!

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Jay tormenting Buddy as usual:rolleyes: He's so mean to Buddy, and Buddy SOOOOO amazing for not ever retaliating :lovestruck: he's such a good boy.

As you can see he needs a groomer BADLY, his fur grows so fast.

aslan
October 5th, 2008, 09:12 PM
aaaw look how happy and content he is, yaaaaay i love happy stories. Where abouts do you live happycats, do you strip him, or scissor clip.

Chaser
October 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Buddy looks like such a sweetie :lovestruck:

kanis
October 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Your Jay looks a lot like my Ares did.

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
aaaw look how happy and content he is, yaaaaay i love happy stories. Where abouts do you live happycats, do you strip him, or scissor clip.

I'm in Oshawa, ummmm I don't know :o I'm new to all this, I had to have him completely shaved down when we got him in April, because he was so badly matted. I love the shaggy look, but he's getting matted, so I just wanted to clean him up.

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Buddy looks like such a sweetie :lovestruck:

Thank you! Yes he is the sweetest doggie!!

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Your Jay looks a lot like my Ares did.

Jay is a monster :evil: He loves to cause trouble, with the other cats as well as the dog.

aslan
October 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM
well, i'm in etobicoke, i could always pop out there one weekend or you come to me and we can give him a snip(retired groomer). I can teach you how to strip matts with the scissors, not cut them out in hunks.

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:24 PM
well, i'm in etobicoke, i could always pop out there one weekend or you come to me and we can give him a snip(retired groomer). I can teach you how to strip matts with the scissors, not cut them out in hunks.

OMG that would be wonderful!!
Should I invest in electric trimmer?

aslan
October 5th, 2008, 09:26 PM
sure if you'd like to own one. you can get some pretty good ones, not too expensive now. even walmart has one, and this way i can show you what to do.with the clipper guards, you can decide the length, etc.

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:30 PM
sure if you'd like to own one. you can get some pretty good ones, not too expensive now. even walmart has one, and this way i can show you what to do.with the clipper guards, you can decide the length, etc.

Do they sell the dog ones?
I love his fuzzy look, and look forward to being able to care for and clip him properly......I think my neighbour would love to learn too, she has a lhaso apso mix, who now looks like he got into a fight with some hedge trimmers (really bad hair cut she gave him)

aslan
October 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
lol, seen the i tried to clip my dog hairdo before. Yup if you go to the petdepartment at walmart, down where the shampoo is they have dog clippers, and then you want sharp scissors and your set, oh what kind of brush do you have.

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 09:54 PM
lol, seen the i tried to clip my dog hairdo before. Yup if you go to the petdepartment at walmart, down where the shampoo is they have dog clippers, and then you want sharp scissors and your set, oh what kind of brush do you have.

OMG I have spent a small fortune on brushes!! I have the de matting one (looks like a row of hooks) I have the steel comb, I have a rubber one, and soft one, a steel one, as well as human ones!! And I still can't keep the matts at bay!:rolleyes:

Frenchy
October 5th, 2008, 09:55 PM
As you can see he needs a groomer BADLY, his fur grows so fast.

Ahhhh I think he looks just cute ! :lovestruck: Finally pics of Buddy , he looks so comfy at your home , already has a kitty friend too ! :cloud9:

aslan
October 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM
lol, i'll teach you how to brush him right:D. most people brush from head to tail, you actually brush from tail to head, brushing the hair towards the head, pulls out all the loose hair. We'll fix you up no problem.

ancientgirl
October 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Aww, poor Buddy couldn't go to the park. Maybe next time you can sneak him in. He looks like such a sweet boy.

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 10:02 PM
lol, i'll teach you how to brush him right:D. most people brush from head to tail, you actually brush from tail to head, brushing the hair towards the head, pulls out all the loose hair. We'll fix you up no problem.

Awwww Thank you soooooo much........And buddy thanks you too roooooroooo:dog:

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Ahhhh I think he looks just cute ! :lovestruck: Finally pics of Buddy , he looks so comfy at your home , already has a kitty friend too ! :cloud9:

Nope Jay is no friend of Buddy.....he's :evil: to Buddy, but Buddy is soooo amazing, he completely ignores the cats, even when Jay swats him (all the time:rolleyes:) he just acts like he's not there!

Jay lies at the top of the stairs for hours so Buddy can't come upstairs, he's such a brat! Buddy won't even walk down the hall if Jay is there, so Jay will just sit there to bug Buddy. I always hav to move Jay so Buddy can gey by

aslan
October 5th, 2008, 10:08 PM
no problem, hate to waste the education on my two that need to be clipped and not share with others. i'll pm you later in the week with my number and we'll arrange me to come edumacate the two of you. and roo roo right back at you buddy.

happycats
October 5th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Aww, poor Buddy couldn't go to the park. Maybe next time you can sneak him in. He looks like such a sweet boy.

It was a water park, and they don't allow any pets. But don't worry Buddy usually goes everywhere with us! That's why we got a bigger vehicle, lots of room for Buddy :)

BeagleMum
October 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM
So cute!! He needs his hair cut again, he doesn't look like the fraggle rock dog anymore. :D He looks like such a happy boy!!

growler~GateKeeper
October 5th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Buddy & Jay look so cute snuggled on the couch even if it's not the friendly type of snuggling :laughing: I hope the cat sitting on the arm of the couch nicer to Buddy than Jay. :D

Poor Buddy looked so :sad: in the truck I guess he knew he wasn't going too. But he fit in perfectly :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 5th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Holy cats, he's a cutie! :flirt: And I'm sure he's on :cloud9: even if he doesn't get to go to the water park! :D He's very lucky to have found you, happycats!

chico2
October 6th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Aww,Buddy is adorable all shaggy:lovestruck::lovestruck:what a lucky pup he was to have found you:cloud9:
He needs some hair as defense against Jay,who sounds like a real character by the way:laughing:a bit like my Chico.

Aslan to the rescue,great stuff:thumbs up

Melinda
October 6th, 2008, 09:41 AM
awww Buddy, you're gorgeous like always, he's so happy looking!!! what a great job you did with him!! Aslan, that is so kind and considerate of you to offer to teach HappyCats how to brush/trim Buddy!!! what a thoughtful person you are...ummm do you brush all dogs from back to front???? Brina is a lab/shepherd...

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM
melinda, yup you do, you usually seperate a section to brush, easier to show than explain, if you just straight brush them you're missing any loose fur underneath. all doggies shed, only the brush type changes.

luckypenny
October 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
all doggies shed, only the brush type changes.

What do you do with a dog that rolls on her back and doesn't let you brush her :rolleyes:?

Happycats, Buddy looks like such a soulful pup :cloud9:. I'm so happy for both him and you that it all worked out perfectly :thumbs up.

Chris21711
October 6th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Buddy is gorgeous Happycats. So lucky to have found each other :cloud9:

aslan
October 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
What do you do with a dog that rolls on her back and doesn't let you brush her :rolleyes:?

Happycats, Buddy looks like such a soulful pup :cloud9:. I'm so happy for both him and you that it all worked out perfectly :thumbs up.

get one of the gloves with the little nubbies in the palm, pat her with your hand, then switch hands, your brushing and she thinks your patting her.

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I love the closeup pics of Buddy and the ones of him and Jay on the couch. :lovestruck: