Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone watch Big Brother? LOL

sammiec
July 20th, 2004, 11:50 AM
I can't help it!! I just love trash tv!! Big Brother has turned into one of my all time favourite reality shows!!! It's just so sleezy! I didn't really get into the first season - but season 2 through 5 ALL THE WAY? :o Anyone else watch this crap? LOL!

heidiho
July 20th, 2004, 12:14 PM
No but for some reason i think the simple life is so funny....

glasslass
July 20th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Never heard of it! Maybe we don't get it here in the states? What's the general theme? :confused:

heidiho
July 20th, 2004, 12:35 PM
You never heard of big brother??? I live in arizona it is here in the states

glasslass
July 20th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Noooo o o . . . but then, I don't watch a lot of TV either! I was upset when "Frazier" ended. That was my favorite sitcom.

Jackie467
July 20th, 2004, 02:20 PM
I watch big brother but i missed the episode on saturday. could you tell me what happened? at first i hated big brother but this season for some reason i got into it. lol i used to think that big brother was stupid and now i hate to miss it.

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 11:10 AM
Lass, it's "taped" in Cali. Los Angeles. Some episodes are live too!
The premise... well, they take a bunch of people - 16 I think. They put them in a house with no contact to the outside world - no tv, no paper, no clocks NOTHING. They have to win their food each week - if they lose the challenge they have to eat PB and J for that week.
They have competions for the "Head of Household" where the person that wins is escentially the "landlord" for the week and nominates two people for eviction - kinda like Survivor. They form alliances and get in fights, hook up and get evicted. It's almost exactly like Survivor, except much more caddy and completely LA!!! - Please don't take offence to that... :p It's fun garbage to fill your brain! I have resorted to taping it when I miss an episode and I have time shifting so that's a bonus too!!!

Saturday, Mike was evicted, that's all I know. I missed it too!!! :(

heidiho
July 21st, 2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah frasier was good,so was seinfeld.ever watch Curb Your Enthusiasm??It is on hbo,so damn funny..

Catt31
July 21st, 2004, 12:13 PM
I watch BB too!!! :o And Simple Life, and Survivor, and Joe Schmo, and Canadian/American Idol, ....omg, I'm an addict!!! LOL

We started watching this new reality show on last night called "Trading Spouses", where two wives switch homes. I missed some of it so not really sure what the premise is, something about $50,000. Next week is the second show, so will watch just out of pure sick curiousity. The one woman was a rich b***** and the other from a low income family. The rich lady was such a snot, she wouldn't do ANYTHING!! Unbelievable the crap they put on TV and we watch it!! LOL :eek:

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 12:14 PM
Unbelievable the crap they put on TV and we watch it!! LOL :eek:

LMAO - It's like a car accident - you can't help but look!!! :D

TalonsMa
July 21st, 2004, 12:54 PM
I love BB too :) Anyone watch it last night??? Think Jase with use the veto to get Holly off??
I also watched the new show "Trading Spouses", it was actually pretty good!!! I am addicted to reality tv shows :D

glasslass
July 21st, 2004, 01:16 PM
I'll have to go on-line to see when & on what channel it's aired. I'm on Dish Network. Wish the reality shows would have pets too. Would be more realistic to me. I loved the mix of personalities and Eddie on Frazier. Most of the people on those reality shows seem so artificial and selfish to me. Then again, I like them better than some of the ones featured on Court TV.

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 01:18 PM
Lass, it's in 3 times a week!! Tues, Thurs, and Sat. It's on CBS (it could be on a local channel for you, not too sure! :p ) The times vary - and you're in a different time zone, so I wouldn't help....I think one year, this show had a pot belly pig - if I remember correctly, I could have the wrong show entirely!! :D
Here's the CBS website!!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother5/

glasslass
July 21st, 2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks Sammi! Looks like next airing is Thur 8p. I'll try to catch it, even if I have to do it in the bedroom or computer room while hubby watches Court TV or Wings in the livingroom. :rolleyes:

glasslass
July 21st, 2004, 01:52 PM
Opps! Maybe Saturday. Thursday is our anniversary. :p

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 02:04 PM
LMAO -Thursday!! That'd be great! Just imagine. :eek: Hubby comes home from a long day at work and you're curled up on the couch watching Big Brother and forgot about your anniversary! Oh Geez. Roll reversal! (Not saying that is the way your relationship is - just men and women relationshipsi in general!! :p )

Donna Marie
July 21st, 2004, 02:18 PM
Opps! Maybe Saturday. Thursday is our anniversary. :p

Happy early anniversary! How many years? Hubby and I will be celebrating our eighth next month.

glasslass
July 21st, 2004, 03:08 PM
37 - he's a "keeper"! :p

sammiec
July 21st, 2004, 03:28 PM
WOW 37!!! Congrats! That's great news!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! :D

Catt31
July 21st, 2004, 05:17 PM
What is the premise of Trading Spouses??? It was funny, and frustrating cuz that woman was such a nasty hag!!! LOL Must be nice to live a life like that!!! :rolleyes:

TalonsMa
July 21st, 2004, 05:51 PM
I don't really know too much about the show, except they win $50,000 (not sure why!) and they have to decided how the family they are staying with has to spend it. So I think that should be interesting. That blonde lady was SO rude!! LOL

melanie
July 21st, 2004, 06:01 PM
wow your BB sounds far more interesting than ours. we are up to number 4 BB and it is more boring than cricket (unbelievable i know). we have no controversy, no fights, no real challenges, and they get food without winning it, only can loose some of their food money if they loose challenge (challenges so dumb my dog would pass with flying colors). i dont think they will be doing it agian here, the ratings have fallen considerably. but i must say i think it is the producers, my friend peter was the producer of the first three, they tried to scam him into a bad contract so he told them to shove it and what do you know, this BB has had really bad ratings, serves themselves right for trying to scam peter, he is a beautiful and talented man.
they did have a dog (cattle dog) in the BB house here, it lasted a week, the poor dog was in a terrible state when they got it out of the house, it was really scatty. you could just imagine being a cattle dog in a house full of socially odd people who seem to drink alot and no one to excersise you, one of the house mates actually forced the dogs removal after she saw the trauma they put it through, poor dog.
i watched that changing spouses, but the english version, do they have a canadian or US version??
so frasier ended there did it, i heard it is going to, but here they are rerunning the entire series. so has it ended or are they taping the last series??? oh i love eddie the dog, soooooooo cute and so funny.
new RTV show here, the block, 4 couples renovating flats, sounds boring, is boring but sadly i find myself watching it, oh dear get a life missy moo :D

rebel24
July 28th, 2004, 06:50 PM
I know this thread is getting old but did anyone watch last nights' BB? Man it was good I laughed my but off at jase and holly...

heidiho
July 28th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Anyone watch Outback Jack???/

TalonsMa
July 28th, 2004, 10:49 PM
I definately watched Big Brother!! It was goooood :D

Shae
July 29th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Talons.......I missed it!!!!!! I was at my neices birthday. Please fill me in!

Catt31
July 29th, 2004, 12:24 PM
I missed it too.....whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! What happened with Jace and Holly that was so funny??? Who won veto and who was put up on the block???

TalonsMa
July 29th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Nicomous (sp) won the veto, and of course took herself off, so Drew put Adria up. The four horsemen were ticked at Drew for putting Holly up, because they consider her an "ally", poor Drew even cried! LOL Holly and Jase got into it with Diane, as she basically blew her alliance out in the open by being a smart mouth, so now everyone knows who's in alliance with who. The 4 horsement think they have Martin where they want him - that he'll vote A out instead of Holly, but I'm not so sure. I honestly don't know who's going to get booted out tonight!! I can't wait :)

TalonsMa
July 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother5/show/w04/tues01.shtml

Here's a link!!

Catt31
July 29th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Excellenttttt!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I hope Holly goes!!! :o

TalonsMa
July 29th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Don't forget to watch it tonight!!!

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 10:20 AM
CRAZY night in the Big Brother House! That was awesome when they revealed that Natalie and Adria were rotating in and out of the house!! And there's another twist coming!!!
I would ahve rather seen Jase leave then Scott, but the idiot aways lasts - look at Will from BB2 (I believe it was..) :rolleyes: :D

rexdoggieowner
August 6th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I LOVE BIG BROTHER....

no way, i totally disagree with you... JASE is awesome, he is playing the game super well!!!! \

and don't worry ... he might be out next week :(
cause since a girl has vito..... they will put up JASE and MARVIN... cause drew wont be put up cause of diane-- she likes him... and cowboy ( my fav.. hehehe) wont go cause its her half brother...

holly was soemthing else- lol...

sammiec
August 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Hey Sexy Rexy - LOL!! I love Empire Records!!! Did ya watch on Sat?!?! Jase is goin' down!! Six-Finger Plan is gonna take him out, and he supsects NOTHING!! It's gonna be SOOO good!!

TalonsMa
August 9th, 2004, 05:44 PM
We were camping last week so we missed Tuesdays and Thursday's DOH! Looks like we missed some good stuff. Anyone watch it on Saturday??

TalonsMa
August 13th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Is no one watching this show anymore? :( Last night was GREAT!!!

TalonsMa
August 20th, 2004, 04:32 PM
hello?? am i the ONLY one watching this !! :)

Jackie467
August 20th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I watched last night, at least most of it. I was so sad to see will go i really liked him.

Catt31
August 20th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Sorry darlin', I've been watching it, just haven't had a computer until today for the last 2 weeks!! :mad: I was sad to see Will go....its gonna get NASTY now!!! The twins are gonna take it unless someone can break up that alliance!!! The next few weeks will be interesting!!! :rolleyes:

rexdoggieowner
August 20th, 2004, 05:39 PM
i hate it how all the funny ones are gone!!!

like Jase... he was AWESOME... he brought entertainment to big bother... i like michael the best.. he is soo funny

TalonsMa
August 21st, 2004, 12:03 AM
I can't wait to watch it tomorrow night!!!

TalonsMa
August 21st, 2004, 12:04 AM
Sorry darlin', I've been watching it, just haven't had a computer until today for the last 2 weeks!! :mad: I was sad to see Will go....its gonna get NASTY now!!! The twins are gonna take it unless someone can break up that alliance!!! The next few weeks will be interesting!!! :rolleyes:

That sucks!! Was your computer broken? :confused:

Catt31
August 21st, 2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah pretty much. My cousins husband came over to fix my email which just needed to be reloaded, and everything went kaputt when he tried loading some software. So he took it home and had it for almost 2 weeks!! Works good now!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed!!! :rolleyes:

TalonsMa
August 22nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah pretty much. My cousins husband came over to fix my email which just needed to be reloaded, and everything went kaputt when he tried loading some software. So he took it home and had it for almost 2 weeks!! Works good now!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed!!! :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed! LOL
Did you catch Big Brother last night?? I missed it!

Catt31
August 22nd, 2004, 11:53 PM
Nah, I missed it too....was at the football game!!! Man, the Stamps are sucking hard this year!! I'm embarassed for them!!! LOL :o

TalonsMa
August 23rd, 2004, 11:15 AM
Your cheering for the Stamps? :)
I'm going to check out the BB website! Will post what I find.

Catt31
August 23rd, 2004, 11:39 AM
OF COURSE!!!! They are MY team!!! ;)

What did you find out?? I don't have time this morning to look, but I will be back to check up on it!!! Tim told me Nik put up the twins for eviction - he only caught the last bit of it, as he FORGOT!! :eek:

TalonsMa
August 23rd, 2004, 11:43 AM
OMG!! yahooooooo Nikomas nominated Adria & Natalie!! LOL

Chany
August 23rd, 2004, 07:33 PM
Watch BB faithfully!! Was extremely pleased to see Jase leave!! I hope Marvin takes it, although I respect Nakomis. She sure is extreme with her appearance yet has proven to be one of the brightest in the house. :)

TalonsMa
August 24th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I cannot wait to watch it tonight!!! :D