Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baxter and Bentley today

clm
October 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Nice cool day for them. I wasn't as impressed. :laughing: I've turned the furnace on in the house, poor Bentley was lying on the grate thinking he'd be getting some air conditioning, when heat came out, he jumped up and barked at it. :laughing:

Cindy

onster
October 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Such beautiful boys :cloud9::cloud9:

Too funny the barking at the vent :laughing::laughing: aww. Maybe u can get them some ice packs (u know the ones they use for sports injuries) :D

Frenchy
October 4th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Look at them pose ! :lovestruck: :cloud9:

otter
October 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Those boys sure are beautiful (as is your yard) :lovestruck:

Maybe you could close the air from one vent and fill it with ice cubes instead :laughing: That would sure confuse them :D On second though, maybe onster's idea is better :thumbs up

clm
October 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'm sure they'll be getting more than enough ice and snow outside in the months to come thank you very much. :laughing: They've cottoned on to the heat from the vents now, so both of them lie against the doors now. The best weatherstrip I've ever had. :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
October 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
clm , right now Sam is shedding more , loosing his summer coat for the winter one , do your guys do that too ? It must be quite the fur balls !!!

clm
October 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Hard to tell really, DH rakes them and lots of undercoat comes out, but not a lot of it around the house. Spring is a little worse for the undercoat coming out, then you can pet them and pull a bunch of it out.

Cindy

Frenchy
October 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I think I should get myself a rake too.

clm
October 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Nothing better to get that undercoat out with. It would be good for your goldens I would think.

Cindy

luckypenny
October 4th, 2008, 09:20 PM
...both of them lie against the doors now. The best weatherstrip I've ever had. :laughing:

Too cute :laughing: :cloud9:. We need to see more pics of Baxter and Bentley, clm. You don't post enough of them :sad:.

Rainy
October 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I just LOVE the feel of a Keeshond's coat!They are way less of a PITA shedder than most dogs in my opinion because the hair is like clumps of soft cotton!I love your boys!:cloud9:

TeriM
October 7th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Nice cool day for them. I wasn't as impressed. :laughing: I've turned the furnace on in the house, poor Bentley was lying on the grate thinking he'd be getting some air conditioning, when heat came out, he jumped up and barked at it. :laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

The boys look wonderful :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 01:06 AM
They always looks so regal! :flirt:

I can certainly understand why they much prefer the cool air than the hot! :D And why winter might very well be their favorite season!

DH does a great job with the rake! They always look so well-groomed. :thumbs up

Love4himies
October 7th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Your pups look so snuggly, clm and those gorgeous gardens make a beautiful backdrop.

krdahmer
October 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
So Floofy!!! And Handsome!! :lovestruck:

BrightEyes
October 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM
"Floofy" is a great word to describe them, krdahmer!

I'm sure all that hair is bothersome for them in the summer. Have you ever gotten them 'summer cuts' ? I bet they have a ball in the snow!

ancientgirl
October 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I always love seeing pictures of your boys. They're so handsome.:lovestruck:

clm
October 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
"Floofy" is a great word to describe them, krdahmer!

I'm sure all that hair is bothersome for them in the summer. Have you ever gotten them 'summer cuts' ? I bet they have a ball in the snow!

Not supposed to cut these guys to beat the heat, just like any double coated dog.
I don't know how you could in good concience keep these dogs in a hot climate though. They do love the cold so.

Cindy

MommaKat
October 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Cute babies :lovestruck: ! I bet they keep you on your toes!

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2008, 02:54 AM
The Boys look fabulous :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Do they pose for you as soon as they see the camera? They're so good at it :cloud9:

The double coat actually insulates them in the summer as well so they don't feel the heat as much as you may think they do. No double coated dog should be cut or shaved it ruins the insulation & the coat if it grows back will not come in properly.

rainbow
October 11th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Awww, Baxter and Bentley looking as handsome as ever. :lovestruck: