Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone else's kitten squeaks?

Tundra_Queen
October 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Mirabelle is one of the kittens I adopted, she is about 4 months old. I got her Sept 12th and she was very timid for the first 2 weeks. Her brother would meow his face off and was very friendly.

A few days ago, I heard Mirabelle squeak!It was very quiet and if she wasn't right beside me I wouldn't have heard her. She was meowing "squeaking" at me, saying hi! She had never talked to me before. I've heard her squeak more since as she is becoming more friendly and doesn't run away from me like she use to.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a kitten that squeaks?

Debbie

kathryn
October 4th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Haha yes... they almost all do it at one point or another. Usually they are out of the squeeking faze by the time they are that old... so your kitty might always have a squeeky voice :D

Tundra_Queen
October 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Oh nooooooo...she also squeaks when her brother is being too rough with her. I thought maybe her vocal cords got hurt or something when she was a baby. She and her mom and siblings were found in an old junk car.

I'm just worried cause our 6 yr old male cat is being rough too but O'Shawnnessy I can hear when willie is being too rough, but Mirabelle I can't. I just don't want her to get hurt and me not know it.

Debbie

clm
October 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
My calico's name is Squeakie. That's all she did as a kitten. Still squeaks a lot, but can also meow if she wants to.

Cindy

ancientgirl
October 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
My Oksana squeaks sometimes, and Czarina coos more than meows. Maks also coos and squeaks a lot too. I think it's cute when they do that.

kathryn
October 4th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well, cats can have different voices just like humans. But they can squeak at any age when they are getting beat up :laughing: Maxwell squeaks when he gets into a wrestling match. He's 2 years old...

Tundra_Queen
October 5th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks everyone,, gee ya learn something every day. :laughing:

Maribelle only squeaks, she doesn't meow. I hope she learns to meow so I can hear her better.

Maybe I need to send her to a speech therapist. :laughing: Poor kitty. :D

Debbie

dogcatharmony
October 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
LOL at the squeaky kitten, that is too cute. My cat Phoebe beeps, so of course her nickname is beepbeep. Funny some of the sounds that come out of cats.

krdahmer
October 9th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Fagan and all of his littermates are squeakers... they can meow, but rarely do... Shadow the girl my mom chose, even opens her mouth as if to squeak or meow and nothing comes out (or at least we can't hear it... more like a breath:shrug:). Mine all talk to me, and all in a unique voice, I love how they are each different and am particularly fond of the 'can I have some of that cheese mom' squeaks! :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
October 9th, 2008, 12:21 AM
dogcatharmony....yours beeps? :laughing::laughing: ok, now that is a riot! :laughing:

krdahmer..... can i have some of that cheese mom squeaks? LOL :laughing::laughing: How adorable!! LOL

I never knew that kittens could do all these different sounds...:laughing:

Debbie

ownedbycats
October 9th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Kittens make all kinds of different sounds. My litter of seven, now down to five, have a whole bunch of noises. there's the plain old meow/mew, used to talk to humans. the squeal that says"Mom, he/she bit me!". They also make these little meep noises, and when they are looking for mama or the others they make little "mrrrrr" "mrrrrrp" sounds.

2badcats
October 9th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Our youngest cat is about 2.5 yrs - he squeaks, burbbles, mutters, chirps, meows, and other things I couldn't identify if I tried. He talks a lot but you never know what or how he'll say it.

krdahmer
October 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Does your cat chatter yet? My guys do that while watching birds out the window... almost like kitty barking.... it's hilarious! :laughing::lovestruck:

BenMax
October 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Actually I have a persian that squeeks. At first I thought it was because of the rhino but that was a year ago.

I have other cats that do not squeak and I wish they would because it gets a little noisy around my home.

Love4himies
October 9th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Sweet Pea squeaks, we actually call her Squeaky rather than Sweet Pea most of the time.

AmericanBullMom
October 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I found mako when he was about 4 wks old, and he would open his mouth and NOTHING would come out. At about 6-8 wks, he finally started making a squeaking noise. But now the only time he talks is when I get the Cat Nip out! lol

ownedbycats
October 9th, 2008, 05:10 PM
BenMax-My one kitten, the one I just found a home for, chattered when she was chasing a fly she just could not get. Pure frustration>:frustrated:
:D

dogcatharmony
October 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I love the chattering.....my big guy does this to the birds in the window. I call it his kitty machine gun.

As for my beeping kitty, she has always done this(she's 11 now, possibly a bit older), she really has no meow. Don't know if things got damaged inside, when I adopted her she had a horrible respitory infection that would not go away. But she beeps or meeps with different frequency to let you know what she wants. Funny thing, if I make a beep noise my dog goes running up the stairs to find Phoebe and then you hear crazy beeping because she is being harrassed by the dog. And she purrs louder than a motorboat engine......never have I heard a cat purr that loud......but I really wouldn't trade that sound away for anything in the world.

Tundra_Queen
October 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=dogcatharmony;LOL at the squeaky kitten, that is too cute. My cat Phoebe beeps, so of course her nickname is beepbeep. Funny some of the sounds that come out of cats.[/QUOTE]

Maybe u should of named her the roadrunner. :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
October 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hi
Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how to do a multi quote on one post. So I will have to do it this way...cut and paste, the old fashion way .....LOL

OBC....I've never heard of the meep noises,,,,,but have heard mirabelle make the squeak when being picked on. *S*

2badcats.......Our youngest cat is about 2.5 yrs - he squeaks, burbbles, mutters, chirps, meows, and other things I couldn't identify if I tried. He talks a lot but you never know what or how he'll say it.
burbbles? That sounds adorable! LOL

krd....no i haven't heard the kittens chatter yet,,,but i think a couple of years ago I heard Willie do it while watching the birds. Took me a while to figure out that noise came outta that big cat! LOL I call our patio door Willi'es big screen tv as I have bird feeders hanging right by the patio for him to watch. And we have a bunny and 2 chipmunks too for them to watch. LOL

benmax..how many cats do u have? U say it gets noisy so I was just thinking u have herds of them running around the house. LOL

Love4himies, how old is squeaky er sweet pea? *G*

ABM...found mako when he was about 4 wks old, and he would open his mouth and NOTHING would come out. At about 6-8 wks, he finally started making a squeaking noise. But now the only time he talks is when I get the Cat Nip out! lol

Maybe he needs to be high before he has something to say! LOL

I'm looking forward to the rest of the sounds...LOL Willie didn't learn how to meow until he was about 2 years old.

Debbie

Love4himies
October 10th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Love4himies, how old is squeaky er sweet pea? *G*

Debbie

The vet estimates her age to be about 3 years old. None of her kittens squeaked like her, they had normal meows.

Tundra_Queen
October 12th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Love4himies......maribelle meowed today! An actual meow,,but then she squeaked a few times too! :laughing: It is so funny, and very cute.
She was very talkative today, so maybe as she gets more use to me and feels safer maybe she will start to meow more.

The kittens have been here for 4 weeks now, so I'm thinking she is feeling safe and knows we won't hurt her so it's ok to make more noise and actually meow. :D

Debbie

rainbow
October 12th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Hi
Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how to do a multi quote on one post. So I will have to do it this way...cut and paste, the old fashion way .....LOL

Debbie

To do a multi-quote click on the quotation mark (") in the bottom right hand corner of a reply next to the word "Quote". You can do this for up to four replies that you want to quote. Then click on "Post Reply" and all the posts will be quoted for you. :)