Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What a day

clm
October 3rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
Good thing I don't work Friday's, they're so relaxing. :laughing:
Hubby does work Friday's so up at 4:30 to make him coffee and take the dogs out, make his lunch, see him off, back to bed for another hour. Out with the puppies again for a bit....starting to feel like I'm getting a cold. :loser: Hubby has to work tomorrow, so I better get all the shopping over with today since I'm likely not going to be well enough the rest of the weekend. Leave the house at 8:00, bank first, then Walmart to get stuff for my cold and some of the cats favorite crappy fancy feast, plus lots of other stuff. Then off to Costco to get the beef and chicken for the dogs, plus lots of other stuff. Next Highland farms, our food, then Big Als, koi need shrimp, finally Global Pet foods for the good cat food. Car is totally jammed. Get home (now 1:30), and have to cart all the stuff in. Take the pups out for a minute and notice the pond level has dropped an inch since I left this morning. :frustrated: Go back in and put the stuff that needs to go in the fridge and freezer away and back out to the pond. I figure the plants on the top of the bogs have roots that are so massive now, they must be diverting water out of them, so pull up a bunch and root prune. Do water change, clean all 3 pumps and refill. Now 3:00. Put the rest of the stuff away, back out with the dogs until hubby gets home at 4:30. I'm now frozen, and feeling really crappy. Hot bath, put dinner on, back out with the pups until dinner is ready. Eat, don't feel like it, put on a pot of tea, pour a cup and sit down to visit you wonderful folks. Now 9:45. I'm really sick now. Off to bed soon. :laughing:
I hope tomorrow is a lot better.

Cindy

Frenchy
October 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
That sucks clm ! Are you able to take the rest of the week end "off" ? Stay in your pj's , watch movies with the dogs , all curl up on the couch ?

clm
October 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
That's exactly what I'm going to do. At least the cold is now just a full blown head cold, so other than not being able to breath, it's just annoying at the moment. :laughing:
The boys are exhausted from spending so much time outside with me during the pond exercise, they were on squirrel patrol the whole time. :rolleyes: Bentley is sound asleep beside me right now, and Baxter is out cold in the hallway.

I'm off to bed now. Should have bough some Grand Marnier today, always like that when I have a cold. Helps me sleep, or at least I think it does. :laughing:

Cindy

hazelrunpack
October 3rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
Well, at least you're well ahead of the game now, cindy! Hope you're feeling better soon :goodvibes:

Frenchy
October 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
ok so couch / bed rest for the week end , that's an order !!!

krdahmer
October 3rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
Oh no! Well lots of kitty and doggie snuggles and rest for you this weekend! Hope you feel better soon!

Everyone here is sick too, I've been loading up on the Vit C.... nephew snotted all over everyone the other day sick... hubby came home sick in the middle of the week to sleep in his own bed (and germ me up but good)... and now I went in to work today and everyone has it there too! Happens every year right after school goes back... stinkin germy kids!!! :rolleyes:

14+kitties
October 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
:grouphug: to all the sickies on here. Hope you feel better soon. It's tough being sick. :goodvibes:

BrightEyes
October 4th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Wow, you're right, what a day! Whew, I'm tired out just reading all you did and getting sick on top of it all. Drink plenty of fluids and bundle up on the couch with the furbabies and just take it easy now. You got the groceries in the house, hubby can cook em and serve em. :grouphug:

clm
October 4th, 2008, 05:50 AM
DH working today, so up at 4:30 like usual. At least I got some decent sleep last night.
Good thing I bought that big package of kleenex at Costco yesterday. :laughing:
All I have to do today is cook up the dogs food for the week and take them out for a couple of hours later on this morning. They've gone back to bed for now. As soon as DH leaves that's what I'll be doing too. More medicine first. :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
October 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Good luck Cindy :fingerscr

otter
October 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Getting up at 4:30am.... that's gonna make anyone sick :sick:
I'm with brighteyes... reading about your day is exhausting. I'm so amazed by people who get so much done in a day :thumbs up

I hope you have gotten some of that rest and relaxation you deserve so much, and that the weekend will be choke full of time to take care of yourself :goodvibes:

clm
October 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Feel a lot better tonight than I did last night. Still really tired though. At least I got all the meat cooked up for the dogs today. Took them out for a couple of hours in the morning and we were out there with them for 4 hours after hubby got home. They've had their dinner and are sleeping like furry logs. :laughing:
Of course, now that I'm awake, there is NOTHING ON TV. :wall:

Cindy