Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat has eye infection ?

devilsknight
October 3rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
I have a about 8 year old long haired Calico we adopted a few months back. Overall she's been in amazing health, and has only gotten more and more active as time has passed.

She had an eye infection when we got her and it cleared up with medication that was given to us.

Anyways I noticed the other day on both her eyes under her upper eye lids, her eyes seem foggy. Is that normal ? You have to lift her eye lid up to see it. And the rest of visible eye is crystal clear and looks normal and healthy.

I still have the medication from before. Should I go to the vet and get her checked out ? Or is the foggy milky look normal under cats eyelids ? Or maybe start her on that medical gel i was given from before and see if it goes away ?!

We aren't too sure about her history as she was a stray when they found her...thanks for any help you can provide.

*** Just also wanted to add, her eating and drinking are normal. Trips to litter box are normal...and she's still very active.

BenMax
October 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
It does not sound normal. Please take the cat back to the vet. The last thing you want is ulcers starting in the eyes. They are very painful and if left untreated it will cost money for an operation.

Go back to the vet, or give them a call and tell then what you are seeing.