Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please please please answer my question, im very worried!

babymomma
October 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
I was just brushin keelys teeth, And when i took the tooth brush out she bit together and i heard a cracking sound. One of her back teeth fell out and it bled a litle bit but seems fine now. Do dogs loose their teeth like children? Im very worried because i heard the cracking sound :( There isnt any of the tooth left in her gum (that i can see on the surface) .. Shes a 5 month old Yorkshire terrier if anybody is reading taht do not know us ..

Btw- She didnt whine or wince and she is playing normally (this happened like 3-5 mintes ago..

Thanks for your help.
Jessica:sad: And keely:dog:

AmericanBullMom
October 3rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
is she a puppy?? I have several of patróns teeth from when he lost them as a baby... but adult dogs should NOT be losing their teeth!

Lol, just saw that she was 5 months old... yes it IS common from them to loose teeth...they loose their milk teeth and grow adult teeth

Winston
October 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Yes they do loose their teeth just like babies! I have some of Winstons baby teeth! Dont worry she will be just fine!!!

Cindy

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
They do loose their baby teeth just like you did when you were younger, no worries ;) :grouphug:

Masha
October 3rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Dont worry!! This is normal :) at about your dog's age the 'puppy teeth' will be falling out and in place of it the 'adult teeth' will come in :)

I remember when Jermy was that age we would find teeth on the floor :)

There may be a little blood too, just like with kids :)

Bina
October 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
It sounds like she lost an already loose baby tooth that the brushing may have helped along.
I have a baby tooth from my horse!

babymomma
October 3rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Thank you All so much.. I feel kind of silly because i am in tears.. And when i read that it was normal i cried even harder because im so worried and then i just felt sooo relieved.. Your help is very much appreciated!:cloud9::o:thumbs up

Im such a :loser:..lol

BenMax
October 3rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Now put that tooth somewhere safe. Maybe the puppy tooth fairy will leave the pup a special treat.

Don't worry you are not a loser - we all start somewhere and learn as we go.

Jim Hall
October 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
does the poppy tooth faary leave liva snaps?

Soter
October 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Its every dogs dream!! I bet they wait expectantly for canine santa too, hoping for their wish list of bone, toy, bone, bone, toy, slipper, toy, bone will come on christmas morning. OMG i cant belive im talking about christmas already!!!! :rolleyes:

krdahmer
October 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Thank you All so much.. I feel kind of silly because i am in tears.. And when i read that it was normal i cried even harder because im so worried and then i just felt sooo relieved.. Your help is very much appreciated!:cloud9::o:thumbs up

Im such a :loser:..lol

Don't feel so bad... I called my vet when I did the exact same thing...I was play fighting with Windy when she was a kitten (she loved to bite and kick my hands) and knocked out one of her teeth! I was so distraught and crying, then the girl at the vets said it was fine and kind of chuckled and asked me if I still had my baby teeth....:headslap:! I have Windy's first two teeth that fell out (well the first one was accidentally knocked out :o), in a small jewelry box.

babymomma
October 6th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for making me feel better guys! lol.. I think alot more have fallen out and she has swallowed them! I havent found any on the floor but i have been checking in the last few days and she has ALOT gone, but no teeth?

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Does she have a favorite stuffy to chew on, babymomma? Sometimes the teeth come out as they chew, so check her toys well if you want to save some teeth as souvenirs of those puppy years. :D

Also check any carpets...teeth hide in the fibers...or frozen dishrags you give her to soothe her gums.

When Cole teethed, he dropped all his front teeth in less than 2 days, waited a week, then dropped all his back teeth in about the same amount of time. We called him the toothless wonder for a while there! :laughing: I found lots of his puppy teeth--I have a whole collection in my jewelry box. :o Along with parakeet feathers, locks of fur, and my own wisdom teeth. :crazy: No jewelry, though... :laughing:

bendyfoot
October 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM
It's super-normal for them to eat their teeth as they fall out. I haven't found a single one of Heidi's teeth, and she's lost all the front ones so far. I did find maybe 2 or 3 of Jaida's as she lost them, but that's it. It's funny when they start teething...they go from looking like a very pointy little shark to a very gummy shark:D