Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Aussie boy breaks into zoo, feeds animals to croc

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
This is unbelievable to me that a 7 year old child has done this. What kind of a mind does this? This kid needs some SERIOUS medical evaluation.

Aussie boy breaks into zoo, feeds animals to croc

SYDNEY, Australia A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's director said Friday.

The 30-minute rampage, caught on the zoo's security camera, happened early Wednesday after the boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Center in central Australia, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.

The child then went on a killing spree, bashing three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's beloved, 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.

The boy also fed several live animals to Terry by throwing them over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.

In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said, adding: "It was like he was playing a game."

By the time he was done, 13 animals worth around $5,500 had been killed, including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Neindorf said. Although none were considered rare, some are difficult to replace, he said.

"We're horrified that anyone can do this and saddened by the age of the child," Neindorf said.

Alice Springs police said they are unable to press charges against the boy because of his age. Children under age 10 can't be charged with criminal offenses in the Northern Territory. His name was not released because of his age.

Neindorf said he plans to sue the boy's parents.

The boy's small size is probably the reason he didn't trip the zoo's security system, which relies on sensors to detect intruders, Neindorf said.

"I just want people to learn that they can't let their children go and run amok," Neindorf said. "If we can't put the blame onto the child, then someone has to accept the responsibility."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

BenMax
October 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Psychotic little sick pr*ck!!!

Now will any laws punish this little sh** and what about the parents! This is a making of a criminal!

I wish the little demon slipped into the mouths of those preditors - they probably would have spit him out. Where were the friggen parents damn it!

kandy
October 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
I read that article this morning. :frustrated: I agree the kid needs serious help. Statistically speaking, this kids chances of growing up to be a serial killer are very high. I wouldn't be surprised to find that he's tortured other animals in the past. :sad:

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
I just read this, psycopath in the making. At seven you know right from wrong with killing creatures.

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Yes, and I'd like to know where the heck his parents were!

You are all correct, statistically all known serial killers have in their past killed and tortured animals. That's how they started.

Diamondsmum
October 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
yup I agree guys Where is the parents??

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
I thought I read in another article that his older brother has been in trouble with the law. Where is Family and Social Services. Obviously these parents should have custody of their children.

Frenchy
October 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Neindorf said he plans to sue the boy's parents.

:thumbs up I sure hope so !!!

kathryn
October 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
It will come back to get him the day he's in 6th grade and gets the snot beat out of him by some other kid.

(atleast we can hope)

I hope this kid gets taken away and put into some kind of protective custody. Maybe then we can prevent him from becoming you know, a mass murderer.

phoozles
October 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
*shudder* that's so creepy .. I hope some justice comes of this!:frustrated:

happycats
October 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
OMG my son is 7!!!!
The parents must be some f%$ked up people! How they hell did they not know where there 7 year old was!!?? Isn't that neglect?? abandonment??

I could not even imagine my son doing something like this!!

This child will be a future jeffrey daummer (sp) this child is very very sick, and needs some serious mental help:sad:

Shaykeija
October 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Some one should use this piece of crap for gator bait....

ancientgirl
October 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I hate to say this about a child, but I don't see any future for this boy as a stable adult.

mona_b
October 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Statistically speaking, this kids chances of growing up to be a serial killer are very high.

Actually not at all.

See people think that if a child has killed an animal,they will end up killing people when they become older.Not true...When these "kids" are assest,there is more to it.And many of them have never touched an animal.

I hate to say this about a child, but I don't see any future for this boy as a stable adult.

You would be surprised.;)

Serial killers do it for the thrill.It's like a sport.They get a high when they read about and hear it on the news.And I'll be honest,there really are not any "serial" killers around.;)

aslan
October 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
from the description of how the child was acting he sounds like a sociopath. Monab how do you mean there are no serial killers.

t.pettet
October 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Pity he didn't fall into the croc pit along with the goanna he threw in!

aslan
October 4th, 2008, 10:32 PM
if he did i hope the aussie laws are better than in ontario. years ago some boys snuck into the toronto zoo, i mean walked across feilds, climbed fences, got to the wolf exhibit, idiot sticks his arm in. hmmm wolf attacks and rips his arm off. the zoo had to destroy the wolf and had to pay the kid 11 mill.

mona_b
October 4th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Monab how do you mean there are no serial killers.

What I mean is there are no serial killers here.A serial killer preys on many victims,not one.They go on a "killing" spree.And many in different areas.Make sense?:)

aslan
October 4th, 2008, 10:46 PM
yup, got it :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
What I mean is there are no serial killers here.

:offtopic: :sorry:

You mean here on pets.ca ? :rolleyes: :D

mona_b
October 4th, 2008, 10:53 PM
:offtopic: :sorry:

You mean here on pets.ca ? :rolleyes: :D

:eek::eek:

:p