Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

1.5 years later I have my snuggle cat

onster
October 2nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
So, as many of u may know, the reason I got Bunduk was beacause I wanted snuggly cat and Onnie simply wasnt. He would nip when we first got him and wouldnt trust us enough to go on our laps/ wouldnt let us carry him. So 4 months after I got Onnie I got Bunduk.

Whilst Bunduk was more affectionate in that he likes to lick our faces, loves to give headbutts and loves to be carried around, he didnt like to cuddle or ever sit in your lap. He had way too many important things to do (and wreck and steal :evil:).

Recently, Onnie has started jumping on our laps :lovestruck: and he no longer nips :lovestruck: He's come out of his shell so much.

Today with Bunduk, a breakthrough. I wake up at 6amish to pray then go bk to sleep till bout 7:30ish. After I prayed today Bunduk jumped on to the bed (normal, he likes to sleep near my feet) BUT, he walked over my chest. hmmm. then he curled up, put a paw on chin and started snoozing. This is crazy unusal behaviour for Bunduk who u doesnt like to sit still at all or sit on laps, or anything. believe me Ive tried to pin him down on my lap for smooshing purposes :o:laughing:

OMG.

Heaven!!!! :lovestruck:

Sometimes he'd shift slightly (try to stick his paw up my mouth, LOL) or stretch right out so that he was on my stomache, but he stayed in place all the way until my 7:30 alarm went off.

:lovestruck::lovestruck: except.....I like to sleep on my side and so I didnt sleep at all lol. I was too afraid to move too because Bunduk was snoring :cloud9:

finally I have my snuggle cat :highfive:

** I was thinking about it...I cant believe it was 2 aprils ago that I brought Bunduk home...wow. Time flies. I still think of him as my little baby**

onster
October 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Here he is after I got back from teaching today. *yes i just left my jeans on the floor like that....but...ok im slob but I mean was sooo tired llol*

I only was able to retrieve my jeans after i traded with a slipper, :laughing: (he likes to chew on this one...:confused: bunduk ure a :cat: not a :dog:!! but meh theyre cheapo slippers)

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
That's great for both of them. I have to say, none of mine are really lap kitties. But they go through these periods where they exhibit odd behavior. LOL. Oksana will sit on my lap, Vlad will snuggle on my chest and purr.

I think they do this on purpose to keep us guessing. I say just enjoy it. That's what I do. I figure, if they stop at some point, they'll pick it up again.:D

I love that picture of Bunduk in your jeans.

onster
October 2nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
LOL "odd behaviour"

hahaha it would probably be good to have it in spurts else I wont get my precious sleep!!! lol

thanks, i really love the pic too. I had to grab my jeans to run to the store after I took the pic, they were nice and warm , just like outta the dryer :D:laughing::crazy:

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
OMG yes. I've been woken up at 4:30 am for the last 2 or 3 weeks now. I don't like to push Vlad away, because I know at some point, he'll decide he's a big boy and can't be all kissy with mommy:rolleyes:

onster
October 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
LOL

I wake up repeatedly throughout the night. "..ys yes..bunduk..thats a nice toy u got me" (cuz i hear his muffled meow). "Onnie stop biting Bunduk" "Bunduk stop insitigating it" "oh another toy....yes yes Bunduk I can hear u ..come here.." "Onnie NO humping" "Bunduk thats my toe ure chewing on" "Onnie I will not play fetch at 3am" purrmeow "ok fine...go get it"

lol

i was thinking about it the other day, if i have kids some day, im going to have to make sure that until theyre old enough, bunduk can never be trusted to be with them alone. He chews on fingers and toes like theyre beef jerky :o

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
LOL, at this point in my life, kids aren't on my radar. Any chewing will be solely my own body parts. :D

Dracko
October 2nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
:cloud9: More pictures of Bunduk. :thumbs up

My oldest, Mochie, is one of those snuggly cats. If she is on your lap or something and you move her...when you come back you can pick her up, put her back on your lap and she just goes back to sleep. You can squish her, rock her, put her on your shoulders and walk around...really anything and she loves it.

My Ginkgo when I got her at 6-months (from the SPCA) was so skittish. She would fight if you tried to pick her up and you could never hug her. Well it took her about a year and low and behold I can pick her up and she lets me now. AND she constantly comes and paws to go under my blanket to cuddle up in my arms. :lovestruck: If she is lying on my legs on the outside of the blanket I can reach down drag her up and put her under the blanket w/o her fighting. She'll just go to sleep under the blankets and loves her mommy time.

I think we have to be patient with cats for them to feel comfortable and come in to who they are.

hazelrunpack
October 3rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
Aw, Bunduk :cloud9:

I hear ya about the constant nightly conversations, though. However, the older the dogs get, the less we have to intervene at night. :D With any luck, the same will be true on your end. :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2008, 01:44 AM
Aww now you've got 2 semi snuggly kittehs :cloud9:

Love the jeans pic :laughing:

Duffy is a sunggler but on her own terms, time & place. Of course it really helps if you have a nice soft fleece blanket on your lap ;)

Soter
October 3rd, 2008, 06:45 AM
That cat is just sooooo cute! OMG i wish i had him to snuggle up to!:cat:

Dracko
October 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Onster, I'd have been just like you and not moved an inch. The rule in my house is that if a cat is on you all the humans are your slaves so you don't "disturb" the cat/s. :D

krdahmer
October 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Aw Bunduk snuggles!!! :lovestruck: Awesome! :thumbs up

I too have laid for hours in very uncomfortable positions so as not to disturb a blissfully comfy kitty.... most nights Palomine is on me like glue, even if I'm tossing and turning, he'll just sit up for a minute... give me the hurry up look and then cuddle right back in again. The one that makes me uncomfortable is when Buddy (all 19+ lbs of him) decides my head makes a good pillow.... he wedges himself in between my head and the headboard and then plops... and I usually have to scoot down the pillow so he has room! I'm lucky, almost all of my guys like snuggle time (only Asker doesn't like to actually touch you... just be really really close), but by far the sweetest is Fagan and his cheek to cheek snuggle style.... (hehe I'll sneak in a pic!).

I found that most of my guys started snuggling more when the kitten zany stage started to wear off a bit after 2 or so, so maybe Bunduk will keep getting more snuggly for you! :lovestruck::cloud9: .... and he'll get away with sooooo much more too that way.... ;) :laughing:

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Aww, Kr I love that picture.

Dracko
October 4th, 2008, 04:27 AM
kr, lovely picture. I do the scoot down the pillow, too, so there is room for whoever is wanting to sleep there. :p

Chris21711
October 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Bunduk is setting you up Onster. Sucking upto you now and when you least expect it, will hit you with a Double Whammy :D

onster
October 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Dracko awww I want one like Mochie :lovestruck: One day! lol. Actually ure right, they really sort of come into their own, especially since both my cats are young (Onnie maybe just 3 and Bunduk still not 2). Either way I love them, but its nice to get some snuggle time :cloud9:

hazel so there's hope that the bags under my eyes will go away?? :laughing::D

growler hehehe yep, loves my snuggle kittehs. hmmmm fleeece eh? should try it!

lol thanks soter he is a cutie patootie !

krdhamer that is the cutest thing!!!! awesome pic! that's my next goal with bunduk :thumbs up:D

onster
October 4th, 2008, 08:54 PM
lol.

He's been awfully quiet these days too chris dum dum duuuuum.:evil::laughing:

Rainy
October 4th, 2008, 10:16 PM
You must send Fagan to me now!I'll be waiting for the Fedex guy!I am in love:lovestruck::lovestruck: