Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

...........and what would you do?

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
At the corner of my street there's this house. And they have this patio/balcony thing outside and under it there's all this crap...pieces of wood and old tires and whatnot. There's a kitten there. A 4-5 month old tabby. I saw it again just now. First time i saw it, this random lady saw me petting it and she stopped with her kid to pet the cat and i asked her "does this cat belong to this house here??" because the kitten is all dirty and it has no collar :shrug: ANd she quickly said "OH YES!! it belongs to them...i'm sure!!". uhh yeah...I don't think you know for sure lady. Cos then she goes on saying some dumb thing like "oh so i wonder if it's a kitten...it doesn't look big"....yeah??:confused:

anyway...so I thought I'm not gonna steal someone's cat. But there's a dog there that was on tha patio. ANd the cat just now was sleeping outside under the patio hidden in one of those clusters of things and i called it over and she came cos she knows me from before but she's really skiddish. Doesn't tell me she's a cat with a home. AND....if you have a cat AND a dog...would you not be aware then that your outdoor cat would require a collar!?!?

The more i'm typing this, the more i'm tempted to go by and just swipe it and bring it here. I mean, it's dark enough...I just don't want to steal someone's pet. BUT...it has no collar. It's a kitten FFS!! She still has this nasty mud stuck to her fur she had weeks ago. Doesn't say "this cat has a home". But she's not malnourished either...so i'm at a dillema.

Oh and the house has been put on sale today....

thoughts??

If i do "steal" it...then what?? knock on his door and say "hey loser, i have your cat. You can't have it back cos obviously, you don't care to let people know it's yours anyways!":shrug:

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
well if nobody answers until after i eat dinner...i'm stealing a kitten :P

mona_b
October 2nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Get the kitten,go to the door and say"hi,I just found your kitten.If they say it's not theirs,then take the little darling home.BUT,keep an eye out on any fliers that are put up for a lost kitten.:)

mona_b
October 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
As for the collar thing,I can't tell you how many people own cats(outdoor) and don't put a collar on them...:wall::wall:

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
yeah with my luck they won't speak any english :sad:

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
oh and stupid dogs that don't bark!!! :laughing:(no offense lol)

their dog was outside on the patio pacing cos he knew i was there, but it wouldn't bark. I kept thinking "just bark!! PLEASE BARK!!" so someone would come outside and i could ask them. But no. :shrug:

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
another vote here for kitten nabbing:thumbs up.... shabby appearance... skittish, and house going up for sale screams we're gonna leave it behind anyway... prob found out how much it costs to neuter! :frustrated:

If you take it and signs go up.... well then maybe it's not even theirs and someone else's lost kitty... either way safer with you than under a porch alone and wet cold and dirty.

rainbow
October 2nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Hmmmm.....you could "steal" it and then put up posters for a "found kitten". :D

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
i was thinking to go by later and take it and then write them a letter saying that i found it late at night and it almost got hit by a car...so if it's theirs to call me??

rainbow
October 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
I would just put up posters and then if they really cared about it they would be out looking .......but it doesn't sound like the owners look after it too well.

mona_b
October 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Also,don't describe the kitten.

Say something like,found kitten.4-5 months old.Almost got hit by a car.If this is your cat,call #...You will have to describe the kitten....;)

Put a couple in front of the house.:D

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 08:12 PM
I'd take the kitten and keep her/him or at the very least find him/her a home. Anybody who would leave a little kitten to fend for themselves like that shouldn't have one. Chances are, if it is out there, no collar all by it's lonesome, it's not spayed/neutered and likely will never be.

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Put a couple in front of the house.:D

heheh good idea

onster
October 2nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
onster says: time for a stealth mission 42315 (only ninja smilie I had on hand)

poor kitteh :sad:

I agree with the others, just put up a poster later. If they care, theyll loook around and if they do then theyll see ure poster.

t.pettet
October 2nd, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'd go and get the kitten and see if any posters go up, (doubt these people will bother) if not, then you have saved this little cat from a life on the streets.

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm assuming you already went and got the kitty. It's been almost two hours since you posted so kitty should be almost clean by now. :D So we need pics!
:fingerscr you managed to get the little one.

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
yeah i went but she didn't come out :sad:

I dunno if it went inside or if it's just hiding...I should've taken it when i had the chance :sad:

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
You can check again tomorrow. She could just be in hiding for the night. Not unusual. Good luck. :thumbs up

clm
October 2nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
I'm sure you'll get another chance to get her.
A kitten living outside is not being looked after properly. No kitten should be outside, let alone outside unsupervised IMO.

Cindy

jiorji
October 2nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
yeah you should see where it was sleeping this afternoon. It's planks of wood stacked on top of each other. The more i think about it, the more i think it just lives there cos there's shelter.

I think i'm gonna go back a bit later and see

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Poor little kitten. :sad:

:fingerscr you can find her again!

Dracko
October 2nd, 2008, 11:34 PM
Anyone who treats an animal like that doesn't deserve a 2nd chance. EVER.

jiorji
October 3rd, 2008, 12:45 AM
well yeah you're right...i'm thinking and thinking...also i don't think they KNOW she lives there... WHY?? because the balcony/patio thing has no stairs going down and under it where i see the kitten is this pile of crap they're most likely gonna throw away when they move.

Where I grew up there were a lot of strays and if there was a pile of abandoned garbage or boxes or wood...you'd most likely find an animal there. And i foudn that when i appreoach her, if she gets skiddish she'll run to her shelter right away. And then pop out again :D and pounce on the leaves :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2008, 12:57 AM
Hey Jiorji,

She came out for you the first & the second time :) she'll come out again ;)

:goodvibes: for next time

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 07:53 AM
Hope you got the kitten :fingerscr, IF that house owns the kitten, they are not providing the proper care. I second rainbow's idea.

Good luck. :goodvibes:

chico2
October 3rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
jiorji,I know you are not new to this,but when you go and get her/him,bring some nice smelly fishy food:cat:
Good Luck!!

BenMax
October 3rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I would not consider this 'stealing'. I would consider this as a rescue mission as this kitten is not cared for. Seriously, due to the fact that the house is for sale.....then I can bet you any money that this little one will be left behind. Also consider - maybe the new neighbour may not want a cat under thier balcony - and then you are back to square one.

Take the kitten! If no ID on him - then I venture to say that he is not cherished as he should be.:2cents:

mona_b
October 3rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
The more i think about it, the more i think it just lives there cos there's shelter.

You "could" be right.

I agree with chico.Get some tuna and try coaxing the little one.;)

Do you think maybe you can take a carrier or a box with you?The little one may have a hissy fit once you get him/her in your arms...:shrug:

Hmmmm,a non barking dog that's outside..LOL

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 11:18 AM

I was thinking that maybe the dog was "debarked" :sad:

mona_b
October 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
I was thinking that maybe the dog was "debarked" :sad:

Nooooooooooooooooo.......:sad:

I was thinking "well trained" and not a yappy when everyone walks by...;)

Like my boy.:D

jiorji
October 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM

well he's not an "outside" dog from what I can tell. I think he was just out on the patio to get some air. He was pacing but he made no sounds :shrug:

i'll go with "well trained" hehe :thumbs up

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I was thinking "well trained" and not a yappy when everyone walks by...;)

Like my boy.:D

:pray: Hope so too.

jiorji
October 4th, 2008, 09:15 AM
:confused::shrug::sad:

growler~GateKeeper
October 4th, 2008, 11:22 PM
:2huggers: :grouphug:

rainbow
October 5th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Any luck yet, jiorji? :grouphug: