Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Luci went bye-bye for nothing

badger
October 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Took Luci to be spayed this morning. At her previous appointment, the vet had shaved around what would be her belly button if she had one and determined that she had not been spayed. When they shaved her further this morning, in preparation for the surgery (she had already been knocked out), they found the scar, which means there's a good chance she's already spayed (and a tiny chance that it's some other surgery but she's so young -6-8 months - I think it's unlikely).
Which makes it even more puzzling that no-one has claimed her. They cared enough to get her done.
Other than the fact that poor Luci was anaesthetized for nothing, all's well, and they will not charge me.
Now look at this face...

Tundra_Queen
October 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
badger she's adorable! You scared me though cause I thought u were going to say she died from the anesthesia. I'm so glad she is ok.

Debbie

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
I'd been avoiding this because I thought something bad happened to her and just couldn't take any bad news today.

I'm so glad she's okay. That stinks they knocked her out for nothing.

Czarina is also spayed, which deepens the mystery about her for me. :shrug: Who knows what some of these stupid people were thinking when they let these beautiful girls get away from them.

rainbow
October 2nd, 2008, 07:17 PM
LOL....yep, from your title I was hesitant to open it as well. :o

Sorry she had to get the anesthetic for nothing :sad: but glad she is doing well :goodvibes: ......she's a beauty. :lovestruck:

Stacer
October 2nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
oh my she's a pretty girl. so sleek.

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
You scared me though cause I thought u were going to say she died from the anesthesia.

Me too ! So glad she's fine ! One of my foster goldens went through the same thing (Otter's Molly) but even worse , she had no scars so she went under the knife and only then my vet saw that she was already spayed !

I'm glad Luci didn't need to go through this :thumbs up she's a beauty :cloud9: actually cuter than Paddington , can I trade him in ? :rolleyes:

:laughing: just kidding :D I love my little Paddy :lovestruck:

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
what a pretty little girl. :cloud9: Is it possible the shelter she was adopted from spayed her before she was adopted? :shrug:

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Which makes it even more puzzling that no-one has claimed her. They cared enough to get her done.

You guys have to much faith in people. Sometimes people get these things done for their animals only because they were told to do so. Could be someone who got her spayed , then after a while gave her up on kijiji to some :loser:

:shrug:

otter
October 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Me too ! So glad she's fine ! One of my foster goldens went through the same thing (Otter's Molly) but even worse , she had no scars so she went under the knife and only then my vet saw that she was already spayed !

I'm glad Luci didn't need to go through this :thumbs up she's a beauty :cloud9: actually cuter than Paddington , can I trade him in ? :rolleyes:

:laughing: just kidding :D I love my little Paddy :lovestruck:

Oh my special little Molly... the only dog I've know to get spayed twice :laughing:
and i'm telling Paddy on you :evil:

Anyways, I'm so glad Luci is OK. I too got worried with the title. She is so cute. I have a real soft spot for black cats :lovestruck:

Someone with a caring heart, but not able to care for a cat, may have gotten her spayed. Sometimes people will take a stray and get them spayed so at least they don't keep having kittens. Not perfect but at least it helps :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Nice that she was spayed already & you weren't charged for the anaesthesia and prep time :highfive:

Atleast she's young so her body could handle the anaesthesia w/out too much difficulty :cat:

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2008, 06:17 AM
I too was scared to open this thread, glad to hear the vet caught it before he did surgery :thumbs up.

MommaKat
October 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Worse title ever! Almost didn't open it :laughing: :laughing:

badger
October 3rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
Sorry to give you all a jolt, to me bye-bye means going to sleep, and not permanently either :laughing:.
:lightbulb: Worst title ever contest?

ancientgirl
October 3rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
LOL, I think you'd be in the running for first place with that title.