Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi from Saskatchewan!

Quill
October 2nd, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'm always on the lookout for new pet forums to join, and found this place by means of google... it looks awesome! :)

I'm from Regina, Saskatchewan, and have a motley crew of pets. Currently in our household, there are two cats (Nemo and Black Cat), three hedgehogs (Claudia, Vincent and Edmund) and a dog (Carmen). A second dog will be joining our gang in the future -- either Winnifred (a shepherd-dobie mix from a rehoming situation) or a brand spankin' new rough collie puppy.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa51/cellardoorltd/nene.jpg

That's Nemo, the most photogenic of the bunch. She's been my cat since I was six years old -- I'm 19 now -- and has been a very troublesome little girl lately. In the last three months, she's cost a little over $2000 in emergency vet bills.... who said cats were cheap? ;) Worth every penny, of course, but she keeps me on my toes.

And since educating myself on pet nutrition, I've come to the dismal conclusion that everyone in our household has to be fed totally different food. It was so much easier to keep the hedgies and cats on the same brand.
Nemo eats Wellness kibble with canned Wellness four times daily. Black Cat eats Innova Lite. The hedgehogs eat Innova Low-Fat, baby food, mealworms and grapenuts. Carmen eats Go! Natural puppy. When we go food shopping, we really go food shopping!

Is there anyone else in or around Saskatchewan? :) Heh, I hope I can contribute something to this community.

kathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Hi there! Welcome! I actually know someone from where you live. I can't spell it or pronounce it... but yeah :laughing: I have an internet from there. Heard it's cold :p

Good selection of food for your critters! I love your kitty :lovestruck: Really cute!

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the board, Quill! Nemo is a real beauty! :flirt: What a fabulous photo of her!

14+kitties
October 2nd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome Quill. You have quite the collection of pets. And Nemo is very very cute!

Dracko
October 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
Hey, Quill, I'm from Saskatoon. (For those of you not familiar with Saskatchewan that means I'm just over 2 hours away.)

Welcome to the board. :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
October 5th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hi there!

Welcome to the forum.

Love the pic of your furkid..very cute!

Debbie

Bina
October 5th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hello Quill, I have 2 friends in Sask.
Several years ago I had hedgehogs, I just love them.
Have you tried feeding them a big fat June bug (beetle)? It's almost gross the way that they crunch through it.

Pipercats
October 16th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hello Quill .. Welcome.

My wife and I are in Regina also.
We have 6 cats - Fozzy, Foster, Teddy, Loudmouth, Cabot and Kia and a Shi Tzu puppy Cleo in our furry mob.

The forums and people here are great!

Nemo looks like a sweetheart.

All the best.
Bill and Terri