Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Black Cat- Ile Bizard- Reward- Sept 27th

salmond
October 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Charlie is all black , male and is 1 years old. He left our home on Cardinal street in Ile Bizard early A.M. on Sept 27th. He has never done this before. He is an outdoor cat and can stray for 10-12 hours but always comes home at night. He has no collar.
He has 6 toes on each paw and is smaller than average size for his age. His front paws look like mittains. He has pale green eyes and is not at all timid.
He loves playing in back yards, parks and climbing in the trees.
Please call, we are very worried. 514-624-7318.

badger
October 2nd, 2008, 05:00 PM
Have you been out at night, looking? Put a box with something that smells like you - an unwashed T-shirt, for example - or his own blankie, on the porch, along with some food. That might help draw him in. Is he neutered?
Is it possible he might have gotten trapped somewhere, in a garage or a shed? Any construction going on nearby? Plenty of places to get stuck on a construction site - stairwells waiting for stairs, crawl spaces that haven't been enclosed yet.
I'd give all your neighbours in a generous radius a picture, so they can be on the lookout.
If he's friendly, maybe someone has taken him in.
I just had a cat come back after three weeks. I scoured the neighbourhood many times and yodelled until the neighbours thought I was mad. One evening she just strolled in, not much thinner but definitely hungry.
So don't despair, keep looking and getting in people's faces.