SPCA Raids Puppy Mill In Emmaus, PA

kathryn
October 1st, 2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.nbc10.com/news/17600235/detail.html?dl=mainclick

SPCA Raids Puppy Mill In Emmaus

Agents Report Seeing Dying Puppies

POSTED: 3:12 pm EDT October 1, 2008
UPDATED: 3:44 pm EDT October 1, 2008

EMMAUS, Pa. -- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has staged a raid on a large Pennsylvania puppy mill, NBC10 reported.

The SPCA said living conditions inside the kennel on Chestnut Street in Emmaus are horrendous.

Agents reported seeing several dying puppies and dogs with bad skin conditions.
The owner has been convicted at least twice of animal cruelty in the past, officials said.

Ughhhhhh. Atleast one by one they are getting shut down. We really need stricter laws on this stuff though.

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
Excellent! I hope that we can all collectively shut this down one by one. By the way things are going this will happen.

In Quebec there have been 2 raids within 1 week....WAY TO GO!!!

chico2
October 1st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Kathryn,this man has been convicted at least twice:yell:time for him to go to jail:evil:
Every puppy-mill raided is one down for the good guys:thumbs upand those poor dogs:sad:

krdahmer
October 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
:pray: for those poor puppies... and bravo as another mill bites the dust!! :thumbs up I hope that jerk gets big time fines this time!!! And jail time too!!!:frustrated:

Frenchy
October 1st, 2008, 08:43 PM
Excellent! I hope that we can all collectively shut this down one by one. By the way things are going this will happen.

In Quebec there have been 2 raids within 1 week....WAY TO GO!!!

Ditto Benmax :thumbs up

t.pettet
October 1st, 2008, 09:52 PM
Where was the second raid in Quebec?

Love4himies
October 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Twice before :eek:, where is the justice :yell:

Chris21711
October 2nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
There is no justice L4H :sad::yell:

kathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm watching the news right now.. 56 dogs were already dead when they got there. The SPCA is working to have their license revoked. That's probably the worst that will happen. They showed the dogs and they were gross... all covered in poop and scabs and skin rashes. I can't exactly figure it out... it was called a 'puppy mill' then a 'kennel' but it seems like they were boarding dogs there as well as breeding them?? Would that make sense?

BenMax
October 2nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Nothing makes sense...maybe they used the 'boarding' as a cover up to what it actually was. Called themselves a kennel makes you think of boarding. I don't really know - the important thing is that they are busted! Let's hope that justice is served for all those that were found dead and those that are living.

kathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.almostheavenkennel.com/almostheavenpetrescue/default.htm

ALMOST HEAVEN PET RESCUE

BRINGING NEW HOMES TO OLD AND UNWANTED PETS

rescues ready for new homes .

We currently have a few rescues in right at the moment

we have dogs and pups ready looking for new homes

Jack russel /poodle x puppies 12 weeks male 250.00

pom mix pup male cram and white 350.00

Shih-tzus blk and white 5 to 7 yrs old sayed and ready for new homes $150 to $250

Tessa -red poodle mini female 4 yrs old and sweet housebroken and loves kids ,cats and other dogs $300.00

Spooky -blk shihtzu/poodle female 3 yrs old $300.00

Buddy -2 yr male mini labradoodle brindle housebroken and crate trained and neut $600.00

Jr-neut male min schnauzer male housebroken and crate trained and gets along well with other animals and cats,kids $300.00

Haley -4 YRS blk and white springer female ready for new home spayed and loves people and kids , cats and other dogs $350.00

Oden- brindle male great dane neut and tacked great dog for the right family good with kids , cats and other dogs big and small very protective of the home and family . it was a very costly surgery due to haveing stomach tacked as well . $1000.00

Jetta female fawn and white boxer 4 yrs old housebroken , great with kids,cats and others dogs 300.00

dock - yorkie mix male 1 yr old sweet little guy 300.00.

610-967-5928

To adopt one of our dogs we do require vet references and drivers license and an adoption fee and there is an application to fill out for one of our babies and what is required by us to adopt one of our babies.

we reserve the right to refuse to adopt one of our dogs to you if we choose to .

....Yeah, those are totally 'up for adoption' *wink wink*

Stupid people.

chico2
October 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
OMG....:wall:

carey
October 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
You can view the raid at: http://video.hsus.org

Where is AnimaQuebec in all of this?

BenMax
October 2nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
You can view the raid at: http://video.hsus.org

Where is AnimaQuebec in all of this?

Such a good question.....they do absolutely nothing. They are useless. I have yet to see them actually shut down a puppy mill, and why would they.

carey
October 2nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
So sad, isn't it? If you have been following Lorie's case from a few years ago(puppy mill suing her for slander on the internet) you might be interested to know that this case is going to court for a second time (the first time the plaintiffs didn't show up) on October 17 in Ottawa. One of the witnesses for the puppy mill is on the board of Anima......

Melinda
October 2nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
does anyone know if some were sent to the cornwall spca?? we seem to have 4 poodles mix's 14 weeks old and poodle mixes 4 months old

chico2
October 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
I watched some of it,it's great some of them are going to the US,that little Cocker-Spaniel,brought tears to my eyes,but they are safe now:thumbs up

I stopped watching the second video of the seizure when what I believe was a brindle Great Dane was brought out:cry:just like Nelly:sad:
Words cannot describe how I feel about monsters causing this kind of horror to innocent animals:evil:

Kahne9Lover
October 2nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
What kills me is that they are trying to get him to give up his kennel liscense in return for a reduction in charges????? Just take the damn license and toss his arse in the clink!:wall:

rainbow
October 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
I agree......this :loser: needs to spend some time behind bars as well as a heavy fine. :frustrated: :mad:

kathryn
October 2nd, 2008, 08:39 PM
I think my shelter is taking in some of the dogs from the raid.

Dear Kathryn,
Many dogs urgently need YOUR help as AWA provides lifesaving assistance to animals recently rescued in two cruelty cases.

On October 1st the PSPCA culminated an investigation of the Almost Heaven Kennel in Emmaus, PA. Estimates of the number of animals on the property have ranged from 800-1,200 with most of them being dogs.

AWA staff have visited with the dogs that are currently being held and are working to assist as many as possible. Our network of foster homes (regular people, just like you who take in animals on a temporary basis to help prepare them for adoption) have been notified and are mobilizing to action!

YOU CAN HELP!

Please make a donation! We need to raise significant funds so that we can continue to rush to the aid of animals during these difficult financial times.

Become a foster parent! Foster parents provide care in their homes for many animals. Since Jan 1 more than 1,100 of AWA’s animals have benefited from the tender loving care of foster parents. Get in touch with our foster care coordinator and get in touch with some foster love at: fostercare@awanj.org.

Who have you helped recently?

The assistance we are providing the PSPCA comes hot on the heels of our assisting the Camden County shelter when they were faced with a seizure of approximately 45 dogs. The 15 dogs transferred to AWA were provided with significant veterinary care.

These dogs are currently in foster care and not at the shelter but will soon be available for adoption! You can help ensure that dogs like these and many more, are guaranteed a great future when you make a donation to AWA.

WE ARE THE SAFETY NET!

AWA is in a unique position to truly put your money to work saving lives. When animal control shelters and humane law enforcement agencies need help we are here to rush to the rescue - saving lives. Your donations make it happen!

AWA is not reimbursed by any government or agency for this lifesaving work. We couldn't do any of this without your help.

Thanks!

I'm probably going to the shelter tomorrow and I'll let you know what's up. There probably was a raid in Camden or something and hence the dogs being brought into CCAS (then transferred to the AWA). So I guess we probably just got a bunch of dogs in.

kathryn
October 3rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
OMG. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

THEY WERE IN HORRIBLE CONDITION!!!! COMPLETELY DISGUSTING!!! We got in 3 little dogs that I don't even know what the heck they were, 2 female boxers (the moms), 3 female dobermans (moms again), a small poodle and a standard poodle.

They were covered in scabs, sores, cuts, matted fur etc. They smelled AWFUL! I came out to the trailer to help unload and Jessie opened up the door and it was like WHOOOOF right in your face!!

The standard poodle was so matted and covered in poop and things that they had to take him in the back and shave him down as much as they could. The little poodle thing had all his hair missing from his one ear and was covered in sores.

The 3 little white dogs had almost all their fur missing and were completely disgusting looking.

The boxers had so many scars and bite marks all over their faces and sores all over their bodies...

the dobermans tails had been hacked up and they weren't the worst but were skinny and had cuts and sores.

HORRIBLE!!!!!

chico2
October 4th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Kathryn,poor pups:cry:
Hopefully most of them can be brought back to health and the owner will be hit by a truck:pray:

14+kitties
October 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I D I O T S!!!!!!!!!

This is so so stupid. :wall::wall:

kathryn
October 4th, 2008, 08:19 AM
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/386/puppymilldogsdq9.jpg

they should like... have fur... no?

I had to carry one of them of the truck and he was so gross feeling and smelled really bad. The director of my shelter took a picture of me with him... I'll try to get it off her when I can.

It's the best pic I have... I only had my camera phone and it was dark and they were jumping all over the place. Plus, if I showed you any better of a picture of any of the dogs your hearts would just melt... they are pretty banged up.

Kahne9Lover
October 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I just saw a video clip on the local news that this "kennel" was inspected 2 times this past year and passed one only 6 weeks ago! I am embarrassed to even call myself a PA resident anymore. The new bill passed in the House, but it has to go to the Senate this week and be passed quickly because they are only in session for 3 days and then they are done.

Can I move to Canada with you guys?

kathryn
October 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Canada has much the same problems from what I understand =/