Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Halloween Party/help fight puppy mills

Melinda
October 1st, 2008, 07:38 AM
not sure where to put this but if it's in the wrong place could the mods please move it and feel free to cross post anywhere you think it could help

hALLOWEEN PARTY
> Do some magic... help raise money
>for the fight against Puppy Mills
> Saturday, November 8th, 2008
>starting at 7 p.m.
>WIN PRIZES FOR BEST COSTUMES
>SILENT AUCTION
>RAFFLE
>
>Tickets $20.00
>Reservation: Christine Heidt (450) 458-8699
>or christinheidt@yahoo.ca
>Funds raised will be used 100 % to help
> Mme Nicole Joncas to close Puppy Mills
>Tax-deductible donations
>Paroisse Saint-Lazare Catholic Church
>1980 Ste-Anélique,
> St-Lazare
> (see map below for directions) to follow
>
>Hi friends,
>it's official ! Please mark the Saturday, the 8. of November with a big red X on your calendar. This is the date we celebrate Halloween as a fundraiser for Nicole Jonca's TEJA's Animal Refuge to assist her in her fight against Puppy Mills.
>
>By celebrating on the 8.November I turned a bad situation into a virtue. All dates for September, October and November were already booked. Taking a cue from my hometown Düsseldorf, where we celebrate Mardi Gras for weeks, I decided to copy their last, so-called "Cooks' Ball" which always falls after the official ending of Mardi Gras and is meant for the cooks and bakers (and die-hards) who did not have time to attend the regulars balls to celebrate.
>We invite everybody who loves fancy dress parties and missed out on the previous ones to celebrate once more. Costumes will be appreciated but NOT MANDATORY !
>The event will take place at the
>
>Catholic Church (Paroisse Saint-Lazare)
>1980 Ste-Angelique
>St-Lazare, Qc
>starting at 7 pm.
>
>The entrance fee will be $20.00 and there will be
>
>- Prizes for the three best costumes
>- Raffle for a ring valued at $1,200 (my friend re-donated the ring she won from the last event)
>- Silent Auction (antiques, various items, tickets 1.class to Toronto by VIA Rail, and much more
>- Dinner: Pot luck with sweet table
>- Music and Dinner Dance
>- Wine / beer at reasonable prices available (we will have a liquor license).
>
>There will be a speech by Nicole Joncas, our courageous Puppy Mill fighter and you will meet
>Alanna Devine, our beautiful and dedicated young lawyer who works for us pro bono and who also runs an efficient and spruced-up SPCA at Jean Talon, after the departure of Pierre Barnoti.
>
>I appreciate your suggestions and help to make this a successful and pleasant event.
>
>Please contact me by return mail or by phone (450) 458-8699. Looking forward to greet you all on November 8th for a belated Trick or Treat, I remain
>sincerely,
>Christine Heidt
>
>For volunteers who want to get involved in the preparation, I would appreciate help and equipment for the following tasks:
>
>- easy to prepare and to transport meals and desserts
>- microphone
>- equipment to set up music for dinner dance
>- bartender
>- 2-3 cashiers (at the entrance)
>- Halloween table decorations or flowers
>
>AND PLEASE CROSS POST FOR MAXIMUM ATTENDANCE
>
>Dinner Dance

if you can't make it please consider sending a donation to this fund: tejasanimalrefuge.ca paypal keeps 2% so cheque is better write on memo line LAWSUIT/POURSUITE tax receipts available

read about the lawsuit--www.tejasanimalrefuge.ca

Rottielover
October 1st, 2008, 08:26 AM
I will cross post this to people. I myself will most likely be going. A very good cause

Melinda
October 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
thank you rottie lover!!

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Of course I will be there - costume and all!

Melinda
October 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
christmas fairy BenMax? *LOL*

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 10:03 AM

Oh are you a funny lady.......if you were close enough I would wack you and GG aswell....(don't even think of letting anyone else know about THAT).

But no - I was a XMas fairy only once and lost my wings. So I will keep it a surprise.

Luv ya!

Melinda
October 1st, 2008, 10:09 AM
*LOL* right back at ya

Rottielover
October 1st, 2008, 11:36 AM
well I have for sure recruited 3 peopl other than me, including my mom.
Guys can I ask a huge favor, she is shy, and out of her element in these things, can you introduce yourselves... She is doing this because of me, and all my causes..
Man I love that woman :)

Melinda
October 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM
aren't mothers the greatest ever????? I don't know what I'd do without mine, she's Brina's babysitter/company keeper when we have to leave for a day

Love4himies
October 1st, 2008, 12:11 PM

Oh are you a funny lady.......if you were close enough I would wack you and GG aswell....(don't even think of letting anyone else know about THAT).

But no - I was a XMas fairy only once and lost my wings. So I will keep it a surprise.

Luv ya!

Tell me I wanna know really bad, PM me, I promise I won't tell BenMax you told me :D

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 12:20 PM
You will NEVER know!! No way!

Hey my mom, sister and best friend will attend. We were there the last time and had a blast with Nicole.

See you all there...

Frenchy
October 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Tell me I wanna know really bad, PM me, I promise I won't tell BenMax you told me :D

I wanna know too , and Benmax , I could lend you mine if you'd like :angel2:

:rolleyes:

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 12:27 PM
Your wings for my horns? Do you really want to do that? Hah - no one will ever know...no one...

Melinda
October 1st, 2008, 12:32 PM
*searching for the page in my "history"*:evil::angel2: what to do what to do *L*

Frenchy
October 1st, 2008, 12:35 PM
Your wings for my horns? Do you really want to do that? Hah - no one will ever know...no one...
I already have my horns ... I'm like a mine wheat , I have 2 sides :angel: / :evil: :shrug:
*searching for the page in my "history"*:evil::angel2: what to do what to do *L*

POST IT POST IT !! :laughing:

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Melinda - don't be a bad girl now....that would be a naughty thing...h*ll - you have my horns now don't you!!!!

Listen to ease you of your curiousity..all that I will say is that 'I DID IT FOR THE ANIMALS'.

Frenchy
October 1st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Now , pets.ca lesson 101 : we always ask for pictures :D

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Now , pets.ca lesson 101 : we always ask for pictures :D

I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you... what? what?

Frenchy
October 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM
I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you... what? what?

on demande toujours des photos

we alwayso asko for picturos :laughing:

BenMax
October 1st, 2008, 12:49 PM
on demande toujours des photos

we alwayso asko for picturos :laughing:

J'ai dit qu'il n'a pas...I said there is NONE! Next subject....so are you going to the Haloween Party? If so may I suggest you dress up as Miss Naughty September?

Frenchy
October 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM
If so may I suggest you dress up as Miss Naughty September?

:laughing: I won't make any promises ....it's real tight right now $$$ and if this economy doesn't pick up soon :sad:

Miss naughty September ? :laughing: not really my style :laughing: