Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

flea help

k.harding
September 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
We have discovered what we believe to be fleas on our 2 cats and our dog, whats the best way to free our pets and house of these filthy critters? we only have 1 carpet which is a plus i guess. and help would be appreciated one more thing one of the cats has a small wound so we are wairy of using the spray stuff. thanks in advance.
We are in Ontario (Canada) by the way.

Frenchy
September 29th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I always use Advantage , it treats your pets but also your house :thumbs up you can only get it at your vet and you need to know the weight of your pets.

Since it goes into their blood stream , when they loose their fur all around the house , the loose fur treats your house. :thumbs up

k.harding
September 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
we have just used hertz spot treatment on the dog is that just as good? it says not to use on cats tho so should we just get advantage for the cats?

sugarcatmom
September 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM
we have just used hertz spot treatment on the dog is that just as good? it says not to use on cats tho so should we just get advantage for the cats?

Absolutely don't use it on the cats!!!!! Actually, don't use anymore on the dog either: http://www.hartzvictims.org/

Frenchy
September 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM

If it's the type that you buy at the pet store .... not too sure it will work. But you will have to wait and see , you HAVE TO WAIT to treat your dog again , I think it's 30 days. It's dangerous to give them another treatment too soon. Your vet will answer that question for you. Yes I would get the Advantage for the cats. Good luck , fleas are yucky :yuck:

Kahne9Lover
September 29th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I mix Neem Oil into my dogs shampoo. I put like 1 tsp. per 12 ounce bottle, haven't had a flea in over two years. Some people say that Avon's Skin-so-soft works, but it makes me sneeze. I am hesitant to use Frontline or any other topical application since a friend's dog developed skin cancer right at the same area she had always applied it to.

God bless the Hartzvictims:pray::rip: